Tulsa Post Game Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 6, 2010
Yeah....you're reaching way too hard. I get that as you can get into a flow with more carries, I also understand where's there is a clear hole, you run to it. I don't think you need an abundance of carries to run into a clear opening but that's just me. LD's lack of vision as well as dancing around has been the knock on him. He's actually a better pass protector than Hubbard, which is important. LD looked great Saturday, kudos to him. Can he keep it up is the question, and honestly it's a fair question. Kids been on campus for 4 years, and never showed that level of play until last Saturday. If he can, give him more carries...if not find someone that can shoulder the load with Chuba..simple as that.
Well, let's just see what happens this weekend. Heck Chris Carson didn't figure it out until his senior year and he is a borderline all pro RB now.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Well, let's just see what happens this weekend. Heck Chris Carson didn't figure it out until his senior year and he is a borderline all pro RB now.
Comparing Chris Carson to LD brown is literally apples to oranges. Chris Carson had an identity problem in which he was trying to be a scat back and Rennie Childs got in his ear and basically told him to be more physical. Carson had the tools to begin with in terms of vision, pass blocking, and pass catching. One was A SEC talent and committed to Georgia out of HS before academics became a factor. The other was recruited based on running 4.3 and change at a camp. I’m going to need a much bigger sample size. Give me 5-6 games of consistency b/c all I’ve seen is 4 years of inconsistency. Don’t get me wrong I’m rooting for him, but I need to see more. Saturday was a good start.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
I"m not sold on the business like/trust the process philosophy we have. It seems to work out OK until you show up to a business meeting and a A*& whipping contest breaks out. I must say after Saturday's game I'm not very optimistic.

Nov 6, 2010
Comparing Chris Carson to LD brown is literally apples to oranges. One was A SEC talent and committed to Georgia out of HS before academics became a factor. The other was recruited based on running 4.3 and change at a camp.
The comparison was related to your valid critique of LD "dancing around too much". In Carson's first year, he continually tried to bounce runs to the outside and let smaller DB's run him down. Once he decided to change that, he lived up to that potential. If you think about it, it is way more natural for a scat back like LD to have this habit, and should be tougher to break. If Carson with his size and strength took that long to break out, so can LD. But hey, we don't have to argue about it, we just have to watch the games this year. :)

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Dude he’s 6-6 230, threw only 2 or 3 pics all year his senior year and completed 65%. He’s a four star for a reason and not a five god knows? Go watch his high school highlights. IF you couldn’t see that you are blind...go ahead though and give it up to yourself. Lol

I was screaming at the staff to put him in the entire third quarter...the place erupted when we did! Most of them knew.
In case you hadn't figured it out yet, I was talking about Rodriguez.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
The comparison was related to your valid critique of LD "dancing around too much". In Carson's first year, he continually tried to bounce runs to the outside and let smaller DB's run him down. Once he decided to change that, he lived up to that potential. If you think about it, it is way more natural for a scat back like LD to have this habit, and should be tougher to break. If Carson with his size and strength took that long to break out, so can LD. But hey, we don't have to argue about it, we just have to watch the games this year. :)
Fair point about the dancing part...if he breaks out only benefits the offense as well as himself especially if he has professional aspirations. I will say LD plays huge once he gets passed the first level. I look forward to see him progress

Nov 6, 2010
Fair point about the dancing part...if he breaks out only benefits the offense as well as himself especially if he has professional aspirations. I will say LD plays huge once he gets passed the first level. I look forward to see him progress
Don't get me wrong, I don't see LD as and NFL back. I just think he has turned the corner and worked himself into a viable and productive #2 college running back. Scat backs that make it in the NFL have to be REALLY special.

Nov 27, 2005
We all have good days and bad days. I am not going to be too critical if Chubba has one bad game. But LD is definitely the more determined RB
Chubba just had two bad games two weeks in a roll. In fact. this week performance is a lot worse compared to last week. LD deserves more carries, at least as many carries as Chubba, if not more but knowing our coaches, that is unlikely to happen. I give Chubba a pass last week, but he has to be held accountable for his performance this week.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
BTW was anyone else yelling at Irby for slowing down and getting sloppy with that ball he returned for a TD?

Jun 5, 2020
OKC
BTW was anyone else yelling at Irby for slowing down and getting sloppy with that ball he returned for a TD?
Well yes, I was fretful. On the other point, I think all college players on either the D or O would be slowing down at that point. I was, at the time just fall on it big guy, He didn't', he did scoop and score. These guys these days have athleticism beyond belief. I'm sure he was gassed at the end on that, near the goal line. Thank goodness is was not another arm hack.