Tucson Regional

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
I don't think Riggio makes it to campus...Meola is a possible casualty as well. We have 4-5 HS kid that could get drafted. Riggio is a top 100 mlb prospect and scouts love the bat

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/draft/roc-riggio-691792
That’s probably true about Roc, but I was selfishly hoping his size would cause him to slide. Meola certainly has the raw power to catch some attention, but given his relationship with Jackson Holliday I thought we would have a good chance to get him to Stillwater.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
That’s probably true about Roc, but I was selfishly hoping his size would cause him to slide. Meola certainly has the raw power to catch some attention, but given his relationship with Jackson Holliday I thought we would have a good chance to get him to Stillwater.
If he falls, it's not b/c of his size....it's b/c he's been ducking running his 60 at showcases. That said...he's been dominating in showcases and scouts like him as an offensive 2nd baseman. Meola has had a really good senior year and has caught scouts attention as has Tyler Collins from McKinney, Tx. The relationship w/ Jackson is somewhat a non-factor. There's a real chance Jackson doesn't make it to campus. He'll be a top 2-3 round talent. Just will come down if he wants to play college ball. Would be cool if Jackson goes to college

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2011
The worst thing about all this, is that OSU sports is officially done until Fall. We had so much spring action for our sports, mens/womens basketball, softball, baseball, mens/womens golf, and on a COVID year womens soccer in spring.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
The worst thing about all this, is that OSU sports is officially done until Fall. We had so much spring action for our sports, mens/womens basketball, softball, baseball, mens/womens golf, and on a COVID year womens soccer in spring.
Not sure how tennis did, but track and field and cross country are finishing their season this week.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
If he falls, it's not b/c of his size....it's b/c he's been ducking running his 60 at showcases. That said...he's been dominating in showcases and scouts like him as an offensive 2nd baseman. Meola has had a really good senior year and has caught scouts attention as has Tyler Collins from McKinney, Tx. The relationship w/ Jackson is somewhat a non-factor. There's a real chance Jackson doesn't make it to campus. He'll be a top 2-3 round talent. Just will come down if he wants to play college ball. Would be cool if Jackson goes to college
I thought Roc was getting more looks in the outfield this past year. You think he projects better at 2B?

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
I thought Roc was getting more looks in the outfield this past year. You think he projects better at 2B?
He’s been working in the infield more as of late...started last summer working INF...a
lot of his showcases he’s been at 2nd base. People question his arm strength in the OF. All I know is the kid can flat out hit....which is something this team needs. Kids that constantly put the ball in play. I’d be ecstatic if he makes it on campus, but unfortunately I don’t see it happening. I just hope Josh embraces the youth moment next year and doesn’t try to get a bunch of upperclassmen just cause. We have a bunch of young talent and yes they lack experience but guys like marcus brown, Nolan McLean have special talent...