Trump made us care

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I agree with a lot of what you post, & it's usually well reasoned, & I don't follow some of the fringe sites you mentioned, but you're smarter than the bolded part.
Im smarter than the bold part? i am not sure what you mean. I dont watch the news, so I dont know what the fringe channels or sites are for the left. I only know what oan and newsmax are because they get parroted by the conspiracy types so it's hard to miss.
Your description pretty much fits CNN to a t

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I agree with a lot of what you post, & it's usually well reasoned, & I don't follow some of the fringe sites you mentioned, but you're smarter than the bolded part.
Im smarter than the bold part? i am not sure what you mean. I dont watch the news, so I dont know what the fringe channels or sites are for the left. I only know what oan and newsmax are because they get parroted by the conspiracy types so it's hard to miss.
Your description pretty much fits CNN to a t

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Cool, maybe I should start watching them

Apr 14, 2009
Until we ALL can agree that there is no such a thing as “alternative fact”.
A meaningful conversation about our Country going forward can’t even begin.

Mar 11, 2006
Until we ALL can agree that there is no such a thing as “alternative fact”.
A meaningful conversation about our Country going forward can’t even begin.
I agree.

However, many people believe their “alternative facts” are truth. The issue, IMO, is there always seems to be a small bit of truth in their beliefs, but they lack a wider more holistic understanding.

I think some the protests we have seen are a proof point of that.

This week’s riots: People claimed the election was stolen. Is it true that there were some very small examples - yes. But it is not true the election was stolen.

Summer protests: People claimed the police were killing blacks people as they walked the streets due to the color of their skin. Is it true that there were a very few examples - yes. But it is not true that this occurs a lot or due to color of their skin.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I agree.

However, many people believe their “alternative facts” are truth. The issue, IMO, is there always seems to be a small bit of truth in their beliefs, but they lack a wider more holistic understanding.

I think some the protests we have seen are a proof point of that.

This week’s riots: People claimed the election was stolen. Is it true that there were some very small examples - yes. But it is not true the election was stolen.

Summer protests: People claimed the police were killing blacks people as they walked the streets due to the color of their skin. Is it true that there were a very few examples - yes. But it is not true that this occurs a lot or due to color of their skin.
And..... you are an example of what you speak.

The idea that nobody has died at the hand of the police due to the color of their skin is completely lacking in a wider more holistic understanding of the studies of race and how it affects people and their actions.

Mar 11, 2006
And..... you are an example of what you speak.

The idea that nobody has died at the hand of the police due to the color of their skin is completely lacking in a wider more holistic understanding of the studies of race and how it affects people and their actions.
And .. you didn’t read my post. I never said nobody has died.
Just like I didnt say there was zero election irregularities.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
And .. you didn’t read my post. I never said nobody has died.
Just like I didnt say there was zero election irregularities.
Yes, I did. This is what you wrote:
But it is not true that this occurs a lot or due to color of their skin.
Now take out the first option, "a lot or" and you have "But it is not true that this occurs due to the color of their skin."
Maybe you didn't mean to say that, but you did.

Mar 11, 2006
Yes, I did. This is what you wrote:

Now take out the first option, "a lot or" and you have "But it is not true that this occurs due to the color of their skin."
Maybe you didn't mean to say that, but you did.
Need a head scratching emoji here.

I specifically stated: “ People claimed the police were killing black people as they walked the street due to the color of their skin. Is it true there are some very small examples —- yes”

I get that we sometime quickly read things and might mis-read, but after three posts about this, If your comprehension continue to land on “nobody has died at the hands of the police due to the color of their skin”....that is on you.

Last edited:

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Need a head scratching emoji here.

I specifically stated: “ People claimed the police were killing black people as they walked the street due to the color of their skin. Is it true there are a very very examples —- yes”

I get that we sometime quickly read things and might mis-read, but after three posts about this, If your comprehension continue to land on “nobody has died at the hands of the police due to the color of their skin”....that is on you.
There is only one meaning to the sentence below. Which, now that you pointed it out, completely contradicts what you said earlier in your post. But, you are right, we are not studying for an exam we are reading a message board so I saw your last words and responded to them. But, I am glad to hear that you didn't mean it that way and I appreciate the explanation of what you meant to say.

I will say, relative to other countries, it does occur a lot.
But it is not true that this occurs a lot or due to color of their skin.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
The "Trump made us care" sounds too much like the idiots who do something for shock value then say "We'll it must be something if so many people are talking about it."

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
There is only one meaning to the sentence below. Which, now that you pointed it out, completely contradicts what you said earlier in your post. But, you are right, we are not studying for an exam we are reading a message board so I saw your last words and responded to them. But, I am glad to hear that you didn't mean it that way and I appreciate the explanation of what you meant to say.

I will say, relative to other countries, it does occur a lot.
I think it was pretty obvious what their meaning was. But even if not, they clarified it in two posts since to specifically say they did not mean what you apparently thought they did. Why keep harping on it?

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I think it was pretty obvious what their meaning was. But even if not, they clarified it in two posts since to specifically say they did not mean what you apparently thought they did. Why keep harping on it?
You harp on the post where I tell him I appreciate the explanation?

Thanks for your input. Unbiased as always.

Last edited:

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
No four more years of the Donald Drumpf Theatre. With vol. 210, it's all over. The half hour radio theatre show was mostly based on a compilation of actors, talk show hosts and singers imitating or ridiculing President Trump. One of the last songs concluded that we need a medal after going through four years of him.

The last show can be heard here: https://data.wavefarm.org/202101201...dbye_Farewell_Amen_WaveFarm_WGXC_20210127.mp3

Description: Program Information - Donald Drumpf Theatre: Volume 210 Goodbye, Farewell, Amen|A-Infos Radio Project (radio4all.net)