Trump issues statement claiming he won 2020 election, blames, Voter Fraud, Pence, Cheney, and McConnell for loss

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater
Nope. I said those responsible for the violence should be held accountable and those responsible for the destruction should be held accountable and if those people had nothing to do with it then they should denounce the violence and destruction. I have believed that about both January 6th and the year-long peaceful quote unquote protests. Antifa and BLM did most of their destruction and violence at night when peaceful protesters were gone. It wasn't peaceful protesters that were throwing Molotov cocktails at police or trying to burn down police stations and federal buildings.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
That based on an actual article or just what you believe to be true?

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Nope. I said those responsible for the violence should be held accountable and those responsible for the destruction should be held accountable and if those people had nothing to do with it then they should denounce the violence and destruction. I have believed that about both January 6th and the year-long peaceful quote unquote protests. Antifa and BLM did most of their destruction and violence at night when peaceful protesters were gone. It wasn't peaceful protesters that were throwing Molotov cocktails at police or trying to burn down police stations and federal buildings.

That based on an actual article or just what you believe to be true?
Based on watching videos. I saw tons of peaceful protesting in the day. At night, things turned into battle grounds. Not every place, but it was pretty obvious that night was when most things went south and the protestors had already left.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Based on watching videos. I saw tons of peaceful protesting in the day. At night, things turned into battle grounds. Not every place, but it was pretty obvious that night was when most things went south and the protestors had already left.
I won’t claim a false flag, but how do you know those in the videos you watched were Antifa AND BLM? Also, this is based on your analysis of the videos you watched that were likely curated by social media and news sites you follow? I’m not sure you can claim any statistical evidence based on that limited and biased cross-section of data.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I won’t claim a false flag, but how do you know those in the videos you watched were Antifa AND BLM? Also, this is based on your analysis of the videos you watched that were likely curated by social media and news sites you follow? I’m not sure you can claim any statistical evidence based on that limited and biased cross-section of data.
I watched raw video in many instances as it was being live streamed. Granted there is no BLM flag that everybody carried around but many of the people who were doing the rioting in those instances were wearing BLM shirts, and were black etc.
As for antifa, all you have to do is look at Portland and Seattle and all these other cities where rioting occurred and the antifa people were very vocal about who they were and what their aims were. They wanted to defund the police and cause anarchy. It's really not that hard and it's sad that people want to try and overthink this and put in these false flag operation ideas and such.
As with Jan 6th, the violent don't represent everytime in a movement, and they should be weeded out. Why can't people just come out and say violence/rioting looting is wrong, and don't paint all with the broad brush.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I watched raw video in many instances as it was being live streamed. Granted there is no BLM flag that everybody carried around but many of the people who were doing the rioting in those instances were wearing BLM shirts, and were black etc.
As for antifa, all you have to do is look at Portland and Seattle and all these other cities where rioting occurred and the antifa people were very vocal about who they were and what their aims were. They wanted to defund the police and cause anarchy. It's really not that hard and it's sad that people want to try and overthink this and put in these false flag operation ideas and such.
As with Jan 6th, the violent don't represent everytime in a movement, and they should be weeded out. Why can't people just come out and say violence/rioting looting is wrong, and don't paint all with the broad brush.
I think Antifa involvement is likely a safe bet, but my real point is that taking whatever is fed to you by social media and news feeds is not a critical mass of statistical evidence to make this statement:

“Antifa and BLM did most of their destruction and violence at night when peaceful protesters were gone.”

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I think Antifa involvement is likely a safe bet, but my real point is that taking whatever is fed to you by social media and news feeds is not a critical mass of statistical evidence to make this statement:

“Antifa and BLM did most of their destruction and violence at night when peaceful protesters were gone.”
And I just told you that I don't rely on just news and social media hot takes. Raw live feeds and news from many sources.
So I feel very confident in making that statement. The peaceful protesters were normally not a part of the violence, as much of the violence took place at night.
It's an easy comment to make, as most of the rioting, looting, burning of buildings, and tearing up places of business trying to force people to show the black power fist, mostly occurred art night.
If there were peaceful protestors among them and they encouraged the violent ones, then I don't consider them peaceful.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
And I just told you that I don't rely on just news and social media hot takes. Raw live feeds and news from many sources.
So I feel very confident in making that statement. The peaceful protesters were normally not a part of the violence, as much of the violence took place at night.
It's an easy comment to make, as most of the rioting, looting, burning of buildings, and tearing up places of business trying to force people to show the black power fist, mostly occurred art night.
I realize to drone on about such an inane reference has become silly, but this is a message board so I’ll oblige.

You make unsubstantiated references often in these threads and state them as facts. It usually goes unchallenged because otherwise the whole thread would be like this back/forth we’ve subjected everyone to. You really don’t know.

You watched many videos from many sources, but that doesn’t mean your “research” was comprehensive. You’re also basing this on what was recorded and shared publicly. It’s easier to find the sensational videos (blazing fires at night) because they go viral. You assume black fists in the air indicate BLM. Etc. I’m not saying you’re wrong, but we really can’t know this definitively without someone having done thorough investigations.

In the end, it would be more helpful to state “My guess is...” or “Based on what I saw, I think...”

If there were peaceful protestors among them and they encouraged the violent ones, then I don't consider them peaceful.
Do you really want to go there? I know someone who encouraged “the violent ones” yet his loyal followers are defending him tooth and nail as an innocent bystander.