Trump issues statement claiming he won 2020 election, blames, Voter Fraud, Pence, Cheney, and McConnell for loss

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Sorry for the hijack.....I used to like Brett as well. Until August of 2001. Coached my kid's 10-under baseball team at the time, had a really good year and we went to the Nationals in Omaha. We are in uniform having a light workout a couple hours before our game in a field near the hotel when someone drives by and tells us that Brett is signing autographs at the CompUSA around the corner so we decide to wrap up practice and head over. Brett was an absolute pri** to the kids, even scolding them for not having pens. Some parents came up with a few ballpoints that he refused to use. Fortunately, the guys at CompUSA were great and rounded up a handful of Sharpies and gave to the kids so Brett would sign their hats. He never engaged them, asked how they were doing, anything about why they were in uniform, nothing. It was overtly apparent he could not care less about being there. Towards the end I told him that just across the river there will be hundreds of kids and their parents in the tournament that would love it if he made an appearance. I knew it was a longshot as impromptu public appearances by stars are not common, but instead, his reply was, "Nah, I do not go anywhere if they do not pay me first". Literally confirmed he did not give two shits about kids playing baseball and his life was all about money.
Temporarily belaboring the hijack here.

I was a huge G. Brett fan. I have a small shrine to him on my bookshelf, including a Lego figure. I have roughly 100 of his baseball cards. But I heard a similar story about him from a friend who used to live near KC. It was a huge letdown. Maybe he’s changed in the last 20 years, but I wouldn’t bet on it.
E9E29312-8C79-4457-A24A-2CADFAEC06B0.jpeg

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
Sorry for the hijack.....I used to like Brett as well. Until August of 2001. Coached my kid's 10-under baseball team at the time, had a really good year and we went to the Nationals in Omaha. We are in uniform having a light workout a couple hours before our game in a field near the hotel when someone drives by and tells us that Brett is signing autographs at the CompUSA around the corner so we decide to wrap up practice and head over. Brett was an absolute pri** to the kids, even scolding them for not having pens. Some parents came up with a few ballpoints that he refused to use. Fortunately, the guys at CompUSA were great and rounded up a handful of Sharpies and gave to the kids so Brett would sign their hats. He never engaged them, asked how they were doing, anything about why they were in uniform, nothing. It was overtly apparent he could not care less about being there. Towards the end I told him that just across the river there will be hundreds of kids and their parents in the tournament that would love it if he made an appearance. I knew it was a longshot as impromptu public appearances by stars are not common, but instead, his reply was, "Nah, I do not go anywhere if they do not pay me first". Literally confirmed he did not give two shits about kids playing baseball and his life was all about money.
Sorry to hear that...I will still choose to give him (or anyone) a mulligan or two...I can't imagine being a famous figure and everyone expecting you to be your best at all times...maybe he was making a joke when saying he doesn't do anything without pay first, maybe he was being sarcastic, maybe a combo platter and he had something else going on later, or heck, just didn't care to go to a random little league game...not defending him here; wait, I guess I am, oh well...I became a fan because of his passion for the game and his grit and he was freaking good...I named my first son after him (not george)ha...I had a similar experience with Joe Morgan years ago, in the fact that a friend of mine asked him for an autograph, and Joe said, "you don't even have a pen" (note: Joe two pens in his shirt pocket) lol...we just laugh it off now, but at the time, we also called him a pri**...anyways, sorry your son had a negative experience with the greatest Royal of all time!

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
The appetite for crazy in the republican party right now is scary. Seems they feel the need to keep one-upping each other to stay in the spotlight.
You're never far right (or left) enough. That's why Trump was so dangerous.

Many people have been leaders of the fringe only to find themselves called a traitor a day later for not being fringe enough.

Nov 6, 2010

I was a huge G. Brett fan. I have a small shrine to him on my bookshelf, including a Lego figure. I have roughly 100 of his baseball cards. But I heard a similar story about him from a friend who used to live near KC. It was a huge letdown. Maybe he’s changed in the last 20 years, but I wouldn’t bet on it. View attachment 90210 [/QU

Do you have the baseball card that came in the box of cleats?

1621017052677.png

Aug 16, 2012
Sorry to hear that...I will still choose to give him (or anyone) a mulligan or two...I can't imagine being a famous figure and everyone expecting you to be your best at all times...maybe he was making a joke when saying he doesn't do anything without pay first, maybe he was being sarcastic, maybe a combo platter and he had something else going on later, or heck, just didn't care to go to a random little league game...not defending him here; wait, I guess I am, oh well...I became a fan because of his passion for the game and his grit and he was freaking good...I named my first son after him (not george)ha...I had a similar experience with Joe Morgan years ago, in the fact that a friend of mine asked him for an autograph, and Joe said, "you don't even have a pen" (note: Joe two pens in his shirt pocket) lol...we just laugh it off now, but at the time, we also called him a pri**...anyways, sorry your son had a negative experience with the greatest Royal of all time!
Bolded 1 - Absolutely agree. Still see him storming out of the dugout in the pine tar incident.

Bolded 2 - Fortunately, most of the kids...water off their back. As 10 YO's in 2001, they were two when he played his last game and most did not have any idea who he was but just knew their parents were all over it (and were more taken aback by his attitude). May have had something to do with Brett's disposition as well.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Also those who did go to the capital (BLM riots) were only a small percentage of the people even there and probably weren't even most of them at the Trump rally (peaceful protest) itself, because the breaching of the capital (destruction of property) happened while they were still walking from the rally to the capital(peacefully protesting). And there are a bunch of people who say they went to the capital (protest) and while other people started to go in, a large chunk of people stayed out and never even went onto the capital grounds(to the destroyed businesses).
So the people who actually participated in going on to the capital grounds and into the capital (riot) are a small percentage of the people who were in DC that day (protest). The majority of them did know such thing so you really can't just blanket label all Trump (BLM) followers as violent and you can't even label all those who went on to the capital grounds (to the riot) as violent.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Excuses show your biases, not what is right. You COULD have made the exact same post with the words changed as above, but you didn't. In fact, as I recall for those situations you made no excuses at all and complained about the groups in general. All because of your biases for some people acting badly and against other people acting badly, not because the behaviour is any different at all.
Nope. I said those responsible for the violence should be held accountable and those responsible for the destruction should be held accountable and if those people had nothing to do with it then they should denounce the violence and destruction. I have believed that about both January 6th and the year-long peaceful quote unquote protests. Antifa and BLM did most of their destruction and violence at night when peaceful protesters were gone. It wasn't peaceful protesters that were throwing Molotov cocktails at police or trying to burn down police stations and federal buildings.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Aug 16, 2012
https://twitter.com/FOX23/status/1393291835867639813
Why should he when there are so many people who put him on a pedestal.

Trump did some good things and some dumb things, but first and foremost, he is an abrasive, immature tool that needs to be put in the rear-view mirror. Work with the direction he had the party headed, but do it with someone else that is not a maroon.

Nov 23, 2010
Why should he when there are so many people who put him on a pedestal.

Trump did some good things and some dumb things, but first and foremost, he is an abrasive, immature tool that needs to be put in the rear-view mirror. Work with the direction he had the party headed, but do it with someone else that is not a maroon.
Can I say, it's remarkable the difference between the osuintx on OP and the one on rivals?

Aug 16, 2012
Can I say, it's remarkable the difference between the osuintx on OP and the one on rivals?
Easy to say anonymously, but I can honestly say I do not have an account on Rivals, and outside of occasionally looking up recruiting stuff, I do not even go there. Must be a different dude.

Briefly, I went to CRFF under a different name on a very limited basis but when they started up with articles like "Who is Better, Qdoba or Chipotle", I found better things to waste my time on.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Easy to say anonymously, but I can honestly say I do not have an account on Rivals, and outside of occasionally looking up recruiting stuff, I do not even go there. Must be a different dude.

Briefly, I went to CRFF under a different name on a very limited basis but when they started up with articles like "Who is Better, Qdoba or Chipotle", I found better things to waste my time on.
Just gonna leave us hanging?

Nov 23, 2010

You should check him out. I wasn't under any illusion it was the same person. Just have to remind myself what site I'm on and not roll my eyes when I see you post.

Aug 16, 2012

I was a huge G. Brett fan. I have a small shrine to him on my bookshelf, including a Lego figure. I have roughly 100 of his baseball cards. But I heard a similar story about him from a friend who used to live near KC. It was a huge letdown. Maybe he’s changed in the last 20 years, but I wouldn’t bet on it. View attachment 90210
All you need now is Jobu and a foil lid of ganja