Trump issues statement claiming he won 2020 election, blames, Voter Fraud, Pence, Cheney, and McConnell for loss

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 6, 2010
The appetite for crazy in the republican party right now is scary. Seems they feel the need to keep one-upping each other to stay in the spotlight.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Trump's Followers in DC have lost their ever loving minds.... comparing Jan 6th to the equivalent of a normal tour is insane

Just one more reason I don't want to be associated with anything Trumpian.
Not too detract from the violence that also occurred, but there is video of capital police moving the barricades and them and protesters peacefully walking in. There were a bunch of those people that just walked in, and walked around taking pictures, and then left.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Trump's Followers in DC have lost their ever loving minds.... comparing Jan 6th to the equivalent of a normal tour is insane

Just one more reason I don't want to be associated with anything Trumpian.
Also those who did go to the capital were only a small percentage of the people even there and probably weren't even most of them at the Trump rally itself, because the breaching of the capital happened while they were still walking from the rally to the capital. And there are a bunch of people who say they went to the capital and while other people started to go in, a large chunk of people stayed out and never even went onto the capital grounds.
So the people who actually participated in going on to the capital grounds and into the capital are a small percentage of the people who were in DC that day The majority of them did know such thing so you really can't just blanket label all Trump followers as violent and you can't even label all those who went on to the capital grounds as violent.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Also those who did go to the capital were only a small percentage of the people even there and probably weren't even most of them at the Trump rally itself, because the breaching of the capital happened while they were still walking from the rally to the capital. And there are a bunch of people who say they went to the capital and while other people started to go in, a large chunk of people stayed out and never even went onto the capital grounds.
So the people who actually participated in going on to the capital grounds and into the capital are a small percentage of the people who were in DC that day The majority of them did know such thing so you really can't just blanket label all Trump followers as violent and you can't even label all those who went on to the capital grounds as violent.

And most of the people at the rally didn’t die. Only a few did. So, there’s that.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!

https://twitter.com/jiveDurkey/status/1392572716323049474?s=19

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater

I didn't blanket label anyone or anything. I said I didn't want to be associated with anything Trumpian. Try freaking reading what I actually wrote.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004

You sleep with mangy dogs as bed partners, you're likely to catch a big case of the fleas.

Metaphorically speaking of course.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

And most of the people at the rally didn’t die. Only a few did. So, there’s that.
Only 1 died at the capital.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/jiveDurkey/status/1392572716323049474?s=19
I know there was violence, and I say it was wrong. But I'm also saying there were a bunch of people let in that just roamed the halls. They obviously weren't part of any violence stuff.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

I didn't blanket label anyone or anything. I said I didn't want to be associated with anything Trumpian. Try freaking reading what I actually wrote.
I was using a collective "you". Not you personally.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Also those who did go to the capital (BLM riots) were only a small percentage of the people even there and probably weren't even most of them at the Trump rally (peaceful protest) itself, because the breaching of the capital (destruction of property) happened while they were still walking from the rally to the capital(peacefully protesting). And there are a bunch of people who say they went to the capital (protest) and while other people started to go in, a large chunk of people stayed out and never even went onto the capital grounds(to the destroyed businesses).
So the people who actually participated in going on to the capital grounds and into the capital (riot) are a small percentage of the people who were in DC that day (protest). The majority of them did know such thing so you really can't just blanket label all Trump (BLM) followers as violent and you can't even label all those who went on to the capital grounds (to the riot) as violent.

Excuses show your biases, not what is right. You COULD have made the exact same post with the words changed as above, but you didn't. In fact, as I recall for those situations you made no excuses at all and complained about the groups in general. All because of your biases for some people acting badly and against other people acting badly, not because the behaviour is any different at all.

Aug 16, 2012
I didn't put pic on here for that, it was to show my still ongoing anguish about how horrible the call was...even though my Cardinals have won a couple since then, it still hurts!! (side note: my favorite player growing up was George Brett, but for some reason I chose to cheer for the Cardinals)
Sorry for the hijack.....I used to like Brett as well. Until August of 2001. Coached my kid's 10-under baseball team at the time, had a really good year and we went to the Nationals in Omaha. We are in uniform having a light workout a couple hours before our game in a field near the hotel when someone drives by and tells us that Brett is signing autographs at the CompUSA around the corner so we decide to wrap up practice and head over. Brett was an absolute pri** to the kids, even scolding them for not having pens. Some parents came up with a few ballpoints that he refused to use. Fortunately, the guys at CompUSA were great and rounded up a handful of Sharpies and gave to the kids so Brett would sign their hats. He never engaged them, asked how they were doing, anything about why they were in uniform, nothing. It was overtly apparent he could not care less about being there. Towards the end I told him that just across the river there will be hundreds of kids and their parents in the tournament that would love it if he made an appearance. I knew it was a longshot as impromptu public appearances by stars are not common, but instead, his reply was, "Nah, I do not go anywhere if they do not pay me first". Literally confirmed he did not give two shits about kids playing baseball and his life was all about money.