Trump issues statement claiming he won 2020 election, blames, Voter Fraud, Pence, Cheney, and McConnell for loss

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
I've never personally liked Trump. I've thought he was a buffoon since I was young and saw his cameo in Home Alone 2, however, I think it's a terrible idea to silence him on social media. Yeah, I realize they are companies, but this path does not lead to good and it's un-American.
Respect for property rights and folks doing what they want with their own stuff is un-American?

Huh.

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Interesting position for you to take.

"We Have the Right to Refuse Service to Anyone"

You believe they can enforce that?
With limited exception of doing it based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, or disability, and pregnancy status....absolutely.

Last edited:

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Here in OK I feel surrounded as well, mainly at work, I work for a small company that does website and software developing and I am basically the only non trump supporter. Most of them also don't think the insurrection was done by Trump supporters, but rather the work of antifa.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that.

Rixaroo

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
OKC
www.weekendwatchguide.com
Respect for property rights and folks doing what they want with their own stuff is un-American?

Huh.
Do you really think that was the point I was making or did you purposely twist my words? Silencing people that make statements others don't agree with is not American. I may be totally crazy, but a company in America that has their business literally built on speech should adhere to the First Amendment in my opinion.

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Do you really think that was the point I was making or did you purposely twist my words? Silencing people that make statements others don't agree with is not American. I may be totally crazy, but a company in America that has their business literally built on speech should adhere to the First Amendment in my opinion.
This statement reveals to me that you clearly do not understand what the First Amendment....of any of the Bill of Rights actually is....but you go, girl.

Which was kind of the point of the other post as well.

Arguing that PRIVATE entities should adhere and be restricted by the First Amendment....when the First Amendment....the entire Bill of Rights....is a restriction on GOVERNMENTAL authority ONLY reflects an unAmerican lack of respect for those fundamental liberties of private entities...IMO, of course.

Last edited:

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Guys, I'm fully aware Twitter, FB, etc have the legal right. I just think it's a terrible idea to silence people. I want to assess other's ideas and stances; I don't need a company to filter out whatever they deem necessary.
So don't use Twitter, FB, or anyone else that you don't approve of their business model.

Capitalism in action, baby.

Please quit claiming it's a First Amendment issue and that they should adhere to the 1st Amendment....or calling them unAmerican because they use their own property and liberty in a manner that you personally disagree with.

It makes you look dumb, honestly. Using your own property and liberty to do whatever the eff you want is about as American as it gets.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
So don't use Twitter, FB, or anyone else that you don't approve of their business model.

Capitalism in action, baby.

Please quit claiming it's a First Amendment issue and that they should adhere to the 1st Amendment....or calling them unAmerican because they use their own property and liberty in a manner that you personally disagree with.

It makes you look dumb, honestly. Using your own property and liberty to do whatever the eff you want is about as American as it gets.
Yep. Commercial speech (with market consequences) and free speech are two different things.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Maybe it's a virus that's being passed between politicians....

Hillary Clinton Maintains 2016 Election ‘Was Not On the Level’: ‘We Still Don’t Know What Really Happened’

October 9, 2020

https://www.yahoo.com/now/hillary-clinton-maintains-2016-election-160716779.html

I'm not sure why we think it's strange given our history that politicians maintain in defeat that they won the election. This is nothing new. Move on.
So if Hillary believes that our elections are "not on the level" and we don't really know what happened in 2016. Does that mean she suddenly believes our election in 2020 was on the level unlike her belief in 2016 (what changed other than the outcome), or does it mean she knows what happened in 2020?

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
the great thing about our society is that we can blame others when we fail...lose an election; well, it's voter fraud...lose a baseball game; well, it was the umpires fault...get a subpar grade in school; well, it was the teacher that's at fault...
sometimes these can be validated, it really comes down to your mindset and who/what you want to believe.

Mar 11, 2006
the great thing about our society is that we can blame others when we fail...lose an election; well, it's voter fraud...lose a baseball game; well, it was the umpires fault...get a subpar grade in school; well, it was the teacher that's at fault...
sometimes these can be validated, it really comes down to your mindset and who/what you want to believe.
True.

But we all need to agree the Saints were hosed two years ago with the no pass interference call against the Rams, and Don Denkinger blew the call and the STL Cardinals World Series title hopes with his bad call at first base in 1985. There can be no disagreement here.

But ....my teachers at school were always at fault.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
True.

But we all need to agree the Saints were hosed two years ago with the no pass interference call against the Rams, and Don Denkinger blew the call and the STL Cardinals World Series title hopes with his bad call at first base in 1985. There can be no disagreement here.

Aww, muffin...
1620758404246.jpg

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
True.

two great examples, the Denkinger call has haunted me for years...I had this quote framed for quite some time: ''I was astute enough to recognize that the man was clearly out, the call was wrong.'' Don Denkinger

OkState1974

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Feb 6, 2007
Tulsa
I think you are right.

You know what's crazy? A large group of Trump supporters stormed the Capitol five months ago, killed some people, tossed out American flags in favor of Trump and Confederate flags, and we're just all kinda like... cool with it. Hell, there are outspoken supporters of this movement still in Congress right now. I see Trump 2024 flags everywhere here in AZ. And then he releases statements like this one and everyone just blanks out at it. This has to be what it felt like in the late republic period of Rome. Because I have no idea how many Trump supporters are left. Could be a few thousand zealots or 75 million slow burners. No one knows.
FYI. Not one Trump supported killed ANYONE at the Capitol on Jan. 6. One Trump supported was shot and killed by someone (a capitol guard we think?). Amazing a murder has not been solved. One capitol guard died of a stroke the next day (EVERONE in media said he was beaten to death by the "MOB") And three others died of natural causes (medical issues).

SOOO, if you believe that story above, you might need to reevaluate where you get your "NEWS"!

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
FYI. Not one Trump supported killed ANYONE at the Capitol on Jan. 6. One Trump supported was shot and killed by someone (a capitol guard we think?). Amazing a murder has not been solved. One capitol guard died of a stroke the next day (EVERONE in media said he was beaten to death by the "MOB") And three others died of natural causes (medical issues).

SOOO, if you believe that story above, you might need to reevaluate where you get your "NEWS"!
Whew! That’s MUCH better! Thanks.

You know what's crazy? A large group of Trump supporters stormed the Capitol five months ago, some people were killed, tossed out American flags in favor of Trump and Confederate flags, and we're just all kinda like... cool with it.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007

They know who fired the shot that killed the unarmed woman. Why has it been kept silent?