Trump Awards G-7 Summit To His Own Resort

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Yeah I finally heard it. It's funny that he says that while making a point of how much money he has actually lost by becoming president.
**claims he lost**

By the most generous estimates he was worth ~aprox $1.1 billion when he became POTUS. Is he talking about $2-$5 billion in business opportunity? OR $2-$5 billion in personal wealth. He has never clarified this statement but makes it all the time. I could see maybe losing that much business opportunity....but not Doubling or increasing his personal wealth by 4-5X what it was in 2016 prior to him winning the election

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
What I find amusing in all of this. If Trump hadn't run for president, he may have stayed a Democrat, possibly even supporting Hillary. Then Hillary, if she won would hold the summit at the same place, Trump would've jacked up the rates, made a mint, and as payback would've donated a big sum to her reelection campaign. And not one Democrat would've cared.

And if not Hillary, then whoever was president other than Trump, would've had to pick a spot and dollars to donuts whatever big money hotel owner they selected would've kicked back a hefty donation to that president.

Trump just happened to own a suitable spot, so didn't play that normal acceptable corrupt game....he chose his property instead and said he's doing it at cost or no charger or whatever. And of course that's not acceptable to the people who wouldn't even raise an eyebrow at the other situations.

Don't worry everybody, Trump will soon be gone and the normal frequent corruption that you don't give a crap about will be back in business.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
**claims he lost**

By the most generous estimates he was worth ~aprox $1.1 billion when he became POTUS. Is he talking about $2-$5 billion in business opportunity? OR $2-$5 billion in personal wealth. He has never clarified this statement but makes it all the time. I could see maybe losing that much business opportunity....but not Doubling or increasing his personal wealth by 4-5X what it was in 2016 prior to him winning the election
Estimates are not proof. However, every president seems to somehow get richer while on office so it wouldn't surprise me if Trump has as well. But his business has certainly taken a hit and there's really no way to tell the net outcome. I mean I certainly don't believe he ran for president to make money, it was ego driven.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Estimates are not proof. However, every president seems to somehow get richer while on office so it wouldn't surprise me if Trump has as well. But his business has certainly taken a hit and there's really no way to tell the net outcome. I mean I certainly don't believe he ran for president to make money, it was ego driven.
I would love to see the numbers on the Trump Brand globally since he has been POTUS. I bet it is fascinating...and is probably the biggest loss and gains depending on region the Brand has ever had.

It would be interesting to know if any of his decisions as POTUS could be tied to his Brand Image based on region where he has made decisions. I'm sure time will tell on this. Trump himself is a Brand which is why it is damn near impossible for him to separate his business from his role as POTUS. It will be studied for decades to come

Dec 9, 2013
The story about Biden is pretty easy to find. I also remember Bush being accused of this at Crawford Ranch but can't find a link to an article about it.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/14/secret-service-signs-new-deal-landlord-joe-biden/
I wasn’t aware of this so thanks. If true and constitute an ethics violation/break the law then make him pay it back and punish accordingly.

I find this similar to govt paying when Trump goes golfing at his properties for the weekend.

Both of these are different than the G7 issue

Dec 9, 2013
What I find amusing in all of this. If Trump hadn't run for president, he may have stayed a Democrat, possibly even supporting Hillary. Then Hillary, if she won would hold the summit at the same place, Trump would've jacked up the rates, made a mint, and as payback would've donated a big sum to her reelection campaign. And not one Democrat would've cared.

And if not Hillary, then whoever was president other than Trump, would've had to pick a spot and dollars to donuts whatever big money hotel owner they selected would've kicked back a hefty donation to that president.

Trump just happened to own a suitable spot, so didn't play that normal acceptable corrupt game....he chose his property instead and said he's doing it at cost or no charger or whatever. And of course that's not acceptable to the people who wouldn't even raise an eyebrow at the other situations.

Don't worry everybody, Trump will soon be gone and the normal frequent corruption that you don't give a crap about will be back in business.
I agree 100% and if done legally it’s all ok which is grotesque. Citizens United has to be overturned or addressed in some fashion through Congress. And then spending limits need to be imposed on campaigns at all levels. Got to get $ out from both sides.