Trump Awards G-7 Summit To His Own Resort

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 9, 2013
You want proof he’s not running his businesses?
Show me where the Dems are trying to impeach him because he hasn’t given up control.
Just another stupid Liberal claim with no real evidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look I can’t help if you can’t read, comprehend and then string together logical thoughts.

This is not that difficult of an issue. He spoke wo consulting ethics or lawyers. He received way more blowback from Rs than he thought. And just like all other fights he gets in where he can’t lie or con his way through. He caved.

It’s what he does. It’s why he uses NDAs and settles.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
You want proof he’s not running his businesses?
Show me where the Dems are trying to impeach him because he hasn’t given up control.
Just another stupid Liberal claim with no real evidence.

Look I can’t help if you can’t read, comprehend and then string together logical thoughts.

This is not that difficult of an issue. He spoke wo consulting ethics or lawyers. He received way more blowback from Rs than he thought. And just like all other fights he gets in where he can’t lie or con his way through. He caved.

It’s what he does. It’s why he uses NDAs and settles.
WTF does that have to do with his inability to run his businesses?

Dude, he can’t control how or what hosting the conference at Doral would result in. Therefore, he can’t host. It has nothing to do with blowback, Nancy’s panty wad or the Constitution.

Dec 9, 2013
WTF does that have to do with his inability to run his businesses?

Dude, he can’t control how or what hosting the conference at Doral would result in. Therefore, he can’t host. It has nothing to do with blowback, Nancy’s panty wad or the Constitution.

So what was his intention in saying he would and sending Mulvaney out to announce it?

Patron

Wrangler
Oct 12, 2019
Dustin,ok
CNN & MSNBC to expose Trumps connections to San Marino next week, Schiff and Nader all over this, will be big, very big, really big, DJT 45 is doomed.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
For years politicians from both parties have been charging rent to secret service agents who are there to protect them. Politicians using their office to enrich themselves is NOT new.

If we are going to hold Trump accountable for it, then fine, we absolutely should. But why do we barely raise an eyebrow when others do it. Why?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
For years politicians from both parties have been charging rent to secret service agents who are there to protect them. Politicians using their office to enrich themselves is NOT new.

If we are going to hold Trump accountable for it, then fine, we absolutely should. But why do we barely raise an eyebrow when others do it. Why?
Because the Emoluments Clause does not specify doing so for American citizens. It does however, specifically state that you can't do so when the people paying are Foreign countries or people.

BIG difference here

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Because the Emoluments Clause does not specify doing so for American citizens. It does however, specifically state that you can't do so when the people paying are Foreign countries or people.

BIG difference here
See this is exactly my point. We the people should not be ok with an elected official using their position to enrich themselves under ANY circumstances.

Dec 9, 2013
Pelosi should move immediately to bring a bill to the floor that takes Trump up on his word today that he will host the G7 at Doral for free.

Dec 9, 2013

Ok. I’ll admit I missed this. Can you please show me where this happened?

Also I wasn’t aware that charging secret service agents at cost rent violated the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution because this is what Trump was getting pressed on and a part of the constitution he called phony today.

He was being held accountable by both parties and it’s about dang time.

Dec 9, 2013
Can’t beat him, all investigations lead back to Clinton, Obama, Biden a real pickle eh! DeepState is real, lots to see. close your eyes.
That’s why Trumps AG Barr’s DoJ recently said the Clinton emails were and I paraphrase MAGAers “a nothingburger”. Remind me again how many times they have been investigated by Republican Congress or Republican DoJ and how many indictments have been handed down?

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
:lol::lol::lol:
https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1186339763592273921
part of the constitution he called phony today.
Do either of you have his actual quote? Are you sure he didn't call the accusations that he is breaking the emoluments clause phony? It wouldn't really surprise me if he did call the clause phony, but it also wouldn't surprise me if he called the accusations phony and media intentionally spun it the other way. Can't trust anyone in politics anymore.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Do either of you have his actual quote? Are you sure he didn't call the accusations that he is breaking the emoluments clause phony? It wouldn't really surprise me if he did call the clause phony, but it also wouldn't surprise me if he called the accusations phony and media intentionally spun it the other way. Can't trust anyone in politics anymore.
His exact quote

“Obama made a deal for a book. Is that running a business?” “I’m sure he didn’t even discuss it while he was president. Yeah.”Obama “has a deal with Netflix,” . “When did they start talking about that?”
“George Washington they say had two desks. He had a presidential desk and a business desk. I don’t think you people with this phony Emoluments Clause — and by the way, I would say that it’s cost me anywhere from $2 [billion] to $5 billion to be president. And that’s okay.

As for President Washington having 2 desks...George Washington actually purchased the first POTUS desk out of his own pocket because the Govt didn't fund or provide him with one and it was the only desk he ever had AND he took it with him after his presidency since he had bought it

1571748703234.png

Last edited: