Trump acquitted....again

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 28, 2010
You cherry picked the words you wanted to quote. You did not answer the questions. Do you think he was talking about white supremacist's when he said there would good people there to protest/counter protest the removal of a statue? And have you watched the full unedited video?
He said there are good people on both sides. And he doesnt seem to have a particular issue with the racists so sure, he was talking about the white supremacists too. I rarely ever watch video of him if i can avoid it. I feel like my vocabulary gets dumbed down just by hearing his voice.

That's very true, but it definitely goes both ways.

This board is a microcosm of the mood of the country. The debate, a decade ago, was much less personal and more about ideas and not mud slinging.
This is because of rump. He started all this crap. That vitriolic anger and using the bully pulpit to rile up the masses. He's turned smart good people into anti science and anti anyone who ridicules their new hero. I'm the most reasonable pragmatic moderate I know, before 2020, i had never even voted for a democrat, and since i dont like fat boy, most of my rump loving friends have been calling me a liberal for 4 years. Had my first actual yelling match with my dad. Had close friends ghost me. It sickens me to say we might have been better off with clinton. but since she's significantly more intelligent than he is, she probably could have done more damage. Lucky for us he's below average in intelligence and is rather inept.

Just glad enough of us woke up & we fired him so we can try to heal

Sep 3, 2010
He said there are good people on both sides. And he doesnt seem to have a particular issue with the racists so sure, he was talking about the white supremacists too. I rarely ever watch video of him if i can avoid it. I feel like my vocabulary gets dumbed down just by hearing his voice.

This is because of rump. He started all this crap. That vitriolic anger and using the bully pulpit to rile up the masses. He's turned smart good people into anti science and anti anyone who ridicules their new hero. I'm the most reasonable pragmatic moderate I know, before 2020, i had never even voted for a democrat, and since i dont like fat boy, most of my rump loving friends have been calling me a liberal for 4 years. Had my first actual yelling match with my dad. Had close friends ghost me. It sickens me to say we might have been better off with clinton. but since she's significantly more intelligent than he is, she probably could have done more damage. Lucky for us he's below average in intelligence and is rather inept.

Just glad enough of us woke up & we fired him so we can try to heal
I always vote for the platform and concede that whoever the actual President is they will be corrupt bafoons. I've been proven right several elections in a row. I just think it is incredibly naive to to think Biden will be any better than the others. He won't and his platform is pretty much for everything I'm against. You should probably listen to your Dad more.

Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
said there are good people on both sides. And he doesnt seem to have a particular issue with the racists so sure, he was talking about the white supremacists too. I rarely ever watch video of him if i can avoid it. I feel like my vocabulary gets dumbed down just by hearing his voice.
Well that's the problem. If you actually watched, you'd know he absolutely did not include the white supremacists in that statement. I don't like listening to him either, hell I don't like listening to most politicians on either side, makes me ill, but sometimes we have to in order to know the truth.

Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
He started all this crap. That vitriolic anger and using the bully pulpit to rile up the masses. He's turned smart good people into anti science
Actually this crap started before Trump, he may have exacerbated it but he didn't invent it. It really started to ramp up after the 2004 election IMO. But it's been as bad or worse in our nations history many times before. It's silly to think we wouldn't have vitriol with president Clinton.

The Reps and the Dems are happy as clams to see us at each other's throats...the last thing they want is we the people having constructive discussions. They throw out words like abortion, guns, race, wealth and Trump, then sit back, watch the circus and continue getting rich.

Last edited:

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I always vote for the platform and concede that whoever the actual President is they will be corrupt bafoons. I've been proven right several elections in a row. I just think it is incredibly naive to to think Biden will be any better than the others. He won't and his platform is pretty much for everything I'm against. You should probably listen to your Dad more.
My dad only hates one thing- democrats. He doesnt have exceptions. He dislikes the entire democrat platform period. If a democrat cures cancer, gives away a 20 billion dollar fortune to charity and runs for president against a republican serial killer, he wont vote for him. He will ardently support the republican candidate, it does not matter who it is, if this person is going up against a democrat, that person has his full undying support. That is not how i do things. so i wont be listening to his political advice. I am a moderate. Party politics means nothing to me, except for using it as an opportunity to make fun of people who sees things the way my dad does. I would be the person i was 15 years ago if i listened to my dad. But i have grown up.

Biden is an improvement over rump. That's good enough for me.

Well that's the problem. If you actually watched, you'd know he absolutely did not include the white supremacists in that statement. I don't like listening to him either, hell I don't like listening to most politicians on either side, makes me ill, but sometimes we have to in order to know the truth.
He doesnt like making public comments denigrating the racists and white supremacists. He tip toes around it by saying things like there were great people on both sides in charlottesville.

In 2016 when running for potus, in an interview he was asked whether he would disavow david duke and other white supremacist groups. His response: "Just so you understand, I don’t know anything about David Duke, OK?". He was then asked 3 more times about distancing himself from the kkk. His response: “I don’t know anything about what you’re even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists, So I don’t know. I don’t know – did he endorse me, or what’s going on? Because I know nothing about David Duke; I know nothing about white supremacists.” Just tiptoeing around.

Then the last time he was asked to condemn white supremacists and militia groups, during a public debate last year with Biden, he first said 'almost everything i see is from the left.' So he said what do you want me to call them, give me a name. And Wallace said white supremacists, and Biden said proud boys...his response was "proud boys stand back, and stand by"- which then became their new slogan. Didnt call anyone else out though. More tiptoeing.

He'd lose too many votes if he was very direct about repudiating these people. The only politician I enjoy listening to is Yang. But that's because he has a good demeanor, and usually has something intelligent to say.

Actually this crap started before Trump, he may have exacerbated it but he didn't invent it. It really started to ramp up after the 2004 election IMO. But it's been as bad or worse in our nations history many times before. It's silly to think we wouldn't have vitriol with president Clinton.

The Reps and the Dems are happy as clams to see us at each other's throats...the last thing they want is we the people having constructive discussions. They throw out words like abortion, guns, race, wealth and Trump, then sit back, watch the circus and continue getting rich.
I have to disagree. Yes there was some a number of years back, but it's an all out torrential downpour now. Who ever said fake news and alternative facts before 2016? I dont think It has been this bad since 1968. I'm sure we'd have some of the usual vitriol with clinton, but she wouldnt be the one stoking the fire like he does. he gets on twitter, he gets on tv and he puts on these rallys and the things he says are so venomous. his own people constantly complaining about how he doesnt know when to shut up. he really riled them up on jan 6. Clinton might be a POS but she's never been nasty with her public comments as he has. And i dont think she would have riled up her people to the point of thinking it's okay to storm the capitol out of a severe case of butthurt.

Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
He doesnt like making public comments denigrating the racists and white supremacists. He tip toes around it by saying things like there were great people on both sides in charlottesville.
Again, watch the video. The very next words out of his mouth after saying there were good people on both sides was "and I'm not talking about the white nationalist". That's not tip toeing it's stating very plainly that he didn't include them.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Again, watch the video. The very next words out of his mouth after saying there were good people on both sides was "and I'm not talking about the white nationalist". That's not tip toeing it's stating very plainly that he didn't include them.
Your thoughts on my other examples? I mean if I really tried, i bet i can find a dozen similar statements or tiptoeing.

Sep 12, 2008
He doesn't want to see or hear anything that challenges his views..

Sadly, very few of us do anymore.

Sep 12, 2008
So you have no thoughts on his consistent tiptoeing around of this issue. Except when it's about the charlottesville fiasco.
The guy was a loose cannon. I voted for him in 2016, mostly because I was sick of politicians, political crime families like the Bush/Clintons and honestly I didn't think he could win. However, I did not vote for him in 2020.

All I know in that instance in Charlottesville, he denounced neo-nazis and white supremacist quite clearly.

He's toast. We have different problems now.

Last edited:

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
So you have no thoughts on his consistent tiptoeing around of this issue. Except when it's about the charlottesville fiasco.
The guy was a loose cannon. I voted for him in 2016, mostly because I was sick of politicians, political crime families like the Bush/Clintons and honestly I didn't think he could win. However, I did not vote for him in 2020.

All I know in that instance in Charlottesville, he denounced neo-nazis and white supremacist quite clearly.

He's toast. We have different problems now.
Indeed, he should be toast. But there are a lot of dolts on the hill who still want to look at him as some sort of leader of their party. Which really is an example of a greater issue that they have, a void of actual leader ship that has existed for years now.

If he would just go gentle into that good night and stay out of our lives as is the custom with most former presidents, I wouldn’t even waste my breath.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
This is because of rump. He started all this crap.
I guess this "all bad things are because of Trump" has become a reflex reaction. That's going to start to wear a little thin in another year or so. Did Trump create the vitriol and partisanship or did it create him? The age old question.

This goes a lot deeper than Trump and I think it really coincides with the growth of the interwebs and 24 hour "news" channels that are like a newspaper with 2 pages of news and 30 of editorials.