Trump acquitted....again

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
Impeachments are a total waste of time and money...Partisan is alive and well in America...

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?" Trump remarked at a campaign stop at Dordt College in Sioux Center, Iowa. "It's, like, incredible."

I know this quote has nothing to do with impeachments, but its does speak of how political parties treat people who are charged with crimes, and it popped into my head when I heard about the acquital...God Bless America?!?!

Oct 30, 2007
IMO, the Senate got this right. Trump acted irresponsibly, but I don't think he committed a crime.

From the Constitution:
The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

The legal definition of incitement:
"to incite a riot", or "to organize, promote, encourage, participate in, or carry on a riot", includes, but is not limited to, urging or instigating other persons to riot, but shall not be deemed to mean the mere oral or written (1) advocacy of ideas or (2) expression of belief, not involving advocacy of any act or acts of violence or assertion of the rightness of, or the right to commit, any such act or acts.

From Trump's "stop the steal" speech:
I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.

Last edited:

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
IMO, the Senate go this right. Trump acted irresponsibly, but I don't think he committed a crime.

From the Constitution:
The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

The legal definition of incitement:
"to incite a riot", or "to organize, promote, encourage, participate in, or carry on a riot", includes, but is not limited to, urging or instigating other persons to riot, but shall not be deemed to mean the mere oral or written (1) advocacy of ideas or (2) expression of belief, not involving advocacy of any act or acts of violence or assertion of the rightness of, or the right to commit, any such act or acts.

From Trump's "stop the steal" speech:
I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.
Throughout his presidency he has been brilliant at implying or stating something then contradicting it at another point to remove culpability.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Impeachments are a total waste of time and money...Partisan is alive and well in America...

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?" Trump remarked at a campaign stop at Dordt College in Sioux Center, Iowa. "It's, like, incredible."

I know this quote has nothing to do with impeachments, but its does speak of how political parties treat people who are charged with crimes, and it popped into my head when I heard about the acquital...God Bless America?!?!
Probably Trump regrets not doing more politically crazy things.

Jun 20, 2012
Amazing what people will stand behind and vote for because of the misinformed beliefs about abortion.

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006
Amazing what people will stand behind and vote for because of the misinformed beliefs about abortion.
Most people didn’t vote for trump because of abortion. They voted for him because they HATE the establishment. Trust me, almost everyone I know voted for trump. Even non whites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 3, 2010
Most people didn’t vote for trump because of abortion. They voted for him because they HATE the establishment. Trust me, almost everyone I know voted for trump. Even non whites.

Most of us voted for Trump because Hillary is quite possibly the most corrupt politician in the history of the world. Absolutely the worst and most unattractive candidate ever put forth by either party. Now we’ve got Joe Biden who is just Hillary with a smaller penis.

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006

not surprising...
I wasn’t one of them, but you are right. I live in Oklahoma. If you do too, most of the people you know voted for him too.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
After Trumps lawyer completely demolished the case the only surprise was that anyone had the gall to actually vote guilty. How can we ever trust people who are so obviously and completely biased, hypocritical and dishonest. Don't get me wrong, I usually lump both Reps and Dems in that statement together and have for some time, but in this specific case, the Dems were the ones putting it on full display. Embarrassing.