Transfer Portal

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 8, 2012
Fort Worth
UGH as much as I hate to admit it, you’re absolutely right. The college football that we all love is dead and gone. We’re talking about paying players, free agency (AKA transfer portal), bowl games have become saturated and the CFP has made them meaningless. Players opting out of not only bowl games, but regular season games as well.

Under an amateur model, I support a kid choosing where he wants to attend as this is supposed to be about students. However, this is no longer amateur. It’s not even semi-pro. There is no draft, no “salary cap” nothing to create parity and level the playing field.

Like the NBA, it’s not about becoming the best to beat the best. College football has become joining the best to destroy the rest. With PFP and Profit on I&L it’s only going increase the divide makin the rich richer.

it’s kinda disgusting.
I get that it's really annoying it's the same teams every year, but if you're the best player coming out of high school, your best chance to win a national title and more importantly, make it to the NFL, is to go to Alabama. Why create a system where a kid can't choose that for himself?

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
I get that it's really annoying it's the same teams every year, but if you're the best player coming out of high school, your best chance to win a national title and more importantly, make it to the NFL, is to go to Alabama. Why create a system where a kid can't choose that for himself?
Because it’s the system that we have and it’s already broken. It’s not good for college football that only 2, sometimes 3 schools have a legit shot at a National Championship. Paying for play and profit off image and likeness will only make the gap bigger.

I don’t support this as an in amateur model, but if they are wanting to be paid professionals then they should be treated as such.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
It hasn't really been a thing in 2 decades. There is really only 1 to 3 teams capable of winning a national championship game annually and maybe 5 to at most 10 other teams capable of routinely recruiting the kind of talent necessary to compete.

Outlier years from a solid program like OSU in 2011 seem to be getting more rare though.
So we don’t need to fire Gundy ?

Jan 14, 2006
Trent Pullen committed to Blinn JC.

Other than Jelani, haven't heard if anyone of our other transfers have even found a spot. Hope these guys find a home.