Tony Allen (and wife) in BIG trouble

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

LS1 Z28

Territorial Marshal
Oct 30, 2007
I hate to hear that. TA was always one of my favorite players to watch. I loved the way he played defense. Hopefully he didn't do what he's being accused of.

It's hard to imagine someone risking jail time over something like this after earning over $40 million in their career. That's even worse than Lamont Evans risking a $600K salary to get $22K in kickbacks. Some people just lack common sense.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX & Graz, Austria
Saw this earlier and was curious if someone would point it out.

Eddie saved TA from himself, even TA will admit that. We all know about the "Chicago gang shlt" that he kept bumping into after starting his NBA career.

18 NBA players $4M in total.

Some people have lived their lives where they are always prone to make bad decisions to gain advantages over other people.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...-baby-sebastian-telfair-among-those-involved/

It is disappointing and I think this is much bigger than even the NBA wants to admit. Curious about the NFL.

TA has earned a lot playing in the NBA, hopefully he was just looking for some easy money, can return the money to the NBA, and settle down into the next stage of his life.

Sep 23, 2010
Sounds like there was one guy telling a group of his friends how to make a bit more cash out of this insurance policy. TA jumped in, we don't know for how much, and now he's in trouble. But surely, TA can pay this back and get some probation.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Sounds like there was one guy telling a group of his friends how to make a bit more cash out of this insurance policy. TA jumped in, we don't know for how much, and now he's in trouble. But surely, TA can pay this back and get some probation.
He's already paid back $340ish k out if the $420ish k he scammed. Saw this last night somewhere, sorry no attribution.

marshmo

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2013
If he earned 40 million over his career and only threw down $340k of the suspected $420k. He broke.

*All information used to form this hypothesis was "crap I heard on message boards".