Tom Hutton: The Truthsayer

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
My brother in law lived in Australia (work related) for several years and loved it. He had Australian friends visit him in Oklahoma for a week or so, and we got to spend some time with them. They were great, but they absolutely said what they thought, both good and bad; so that sounds like a typical Australian based on my experience.
Yea…that’s what I do too. I’m not very good corporate material as I lack the ability to smile f&@k people. Maybe okies and aussies are of the same stuff.

O-St8

Orange is power.
A/V Subscriber
Jan 13, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
He said Lubbock was a "crap"hole.

'Cept he didn't use "crap". :runaway:
I've been once. Pretty bad experience. It was 2009 and they killed us. A few of their students got thrown out after a bottle hit one of our fans (who was sitting 6-8 rows below my dad and I) in the side of the face. Not sure why they're so angry. Also not sure why they sat our fans in the endzone below part of the student section. NOT SMART.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
But they do have the dancing ginger.

I can't believe I forgot to post him this year.

Nov 6, 2010
What I can’t get my head around is that in general, west Texans, much like a lot of the OK population, are decent, kind people. Granted, it’s prolly a few rotten apples spoiling the whole barrel, but man......chunking stuff on the field while your team is just getting shellacked is just awful.
Because you've got locals that are fine people as you described, and you've got students from all over the place that are the rabble rousers. The game I attended there I got to use a locals season tickets, and had absolutely no issues and was treated well, they were nowhere near the student section.

Jan 2, 2005
Because you've got locals that are fine people as you described, and you've got students from all over the place that are the rabble rousers. The game I attended there I got to use a locals season tickets, and had absolutely no issues and was treated well, they were nowhere near the student section.
Have to agree with the sentiment on the locals. The only game I've been to was our game with them in 2008. Sat with a friend, who was a former TTech Roughneck, away from the student section and everyone was very nice.

There problem has more to due with students being wasted before the ever enter the stadium, especially for an evening game. When I walked up to the stadium that night there were two or three RV's parked right by the stadium, which I thought was odd. My friend suggested I look again and they turned out to be processing centers. I saw several handcuffed students.

trippin629

Territorial Marshal
Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa
What baffles me, besides the the stupid crap out own punter is getting by some of our fans, is how long this has been a problem at Tech and the Big 12 appears to never have addressed it that I can remember. Besides the occasional flag has anything evr been done?
Personally, I feel it’s refreshing to hear someone speak their mind without fear of melting snowflakes. Like you say, he’s not wrong.

This new “woke” era, everyone is so sensitive and hyper aware of everyone’s feelings that so many people won’t say it how it is, especially if it’s against a politically charged topic. A lot of countries laugh at because of this.
Thats where a generation's worth of participation trophies gets us.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
I've been once. Pretty bad experience. It was 2009 and they killed us. A few of their students got thrown out after a bottle hit one of our fans (who was sitting 6-8 rows below my dad and I) in the side of the face. Not sure why they're so angry. Also not sure why they sat our fans in the endzone below part of the student section. NOT SMART.
To be fair if I went to college in that place it would be because I wasn't that smart and that would make me confused and angry as well.