Tom Hutton: The Truthsayer

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 2, 2008
SC
I think what Hutton said is mostly true and I'm sure Gundy thinks so too.

But, 2 things....

Gundy hates trash talk, and he's not a fan of a player embarrassing the university.
We'll see.
I’m his media day, Gundy didn’t address this or what Martin had to say. In fact he pretty much said he expects to beat OU. Try again….

Sep 2, 2014
Tech fans suck, always have. I assume it comes from the bitterness of being relegated to attending their safety school after UT and A&M turned them down. Therefore, I fully support Mr. Huttons statement.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Tech fans suck, always have. I assume it comes from the bitterness of being relegated to attending their safety school after UT and A&M turned them down. Therefore, I fully support Mr. Huttons statement.
I have and agree with a lot of off-color statements and/or sentiments. But I don’t go broadcasting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 14, 2006
This is a paraphrase of a story I read a long time ago.

"Just west of Ft. Worth there is a town called Cool, TX. From there to Lubbock is about a 265 mile drive.

Which is the best description of Lubbock I've ever heard.

Lubbock, about 265 miles from cool."

Dec 11, 2011
If you don’t want the opposition to think your town/school is a “s#!t#*£e”, don’t throw s#!t on your own field.
I think the not-so-fine folks in the stadium most likely earned it Saturday night.

Oct 7, 2012
What I can’t get my head around is that in general, west Texans, much like a lot of the OK population, are decent, kind people. Granted, it’s prolly a few rotten apples spoiling the whole barrel, but man......chunking stuff on the field while your team is just getting shellacked is just awful.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Two thoughts come to mind here.
1. I've been to Lubbock one time, in 1998. Said then that I'd never go back and still mean it to this day. I heard somebody say once "Lubbock, 4 hours from anywhere". And that is true.
2. How do you set a freaking NCAA record and still only get CO- special teams player of the week. I mean come on, that kid was the best freaking player on the field for Tech Saturday night.
I also have been to Lubbock once and it was that same game and I have vowed as well to never go back. Me, my brother and dad drove down to see that game and were so disgusted with the game, the Tech fans, the food and just Lubbock in general that we hopped right back in the truck and drove straight home instead of staying the night as planned. That was a very long unhappy day…

Aug 16, 2012
What I can’t get my head around is that in general, west Texans, much like a lot of the OK population, are decent, kind people. Granted, it’s prolly a few rotten apples spoiling the whole barrel, but man......chunking stuff on the field while your team is just getting shellacked is just awful.
I have friends that are Tech alums and/or are from there. One just moved back after 15 years in Collin County and another is getting ready to go back after almost 20 years here. Some weird draw like bugs to a lamp

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
What baffles me, besides the the stupid crap out own punter is getting by some of our fans, is how long this has been a problem at Tech and the Big 12 appears to never have addressed it that I can remember. Besides the occasional flag has anything evr been done?

Oct 30, 2007
What baffles me, besides the the stupid crap out own punter is getting by some of our fans, is how long this has been a problem at Tech and the Big 12 appears to never have addressed it that I can remember. Besides the occasional flag has anything evr been done?
The conference focuses on more important things……..like horns down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jul 9, 2011
Carlos, TX
My brother in law lived in Australia (work related) for several years and loved it. He had Australian friends visit him in Oklahoma for a week or so, and we got to spend some time with them. They were great, but they absolutely said what they thought, both good and bad; so that sounds like a typical Australian based on my experience.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Personally, I feel it’s refreshing to hear someone speak their mind without fear of melting snowflakes. Like you say, he’s not wrong.

This new “woke” era, everyone is so sensitive and hyper aware of everyone’s feelings that so many people won’t say it how it is, especially if it’s against a politically charged topic. A lot of countries laugh at because of this.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
My brother in law lived in Australia (work related) for several years and loved it. He had Australian friends visit him in Oklahoma for a week or so, and we got to spend some time with them. They were great, but they absolutely said what they thought, both good and bad; so that sounds like a typical Australian based on my experience.
Absolutely it is. Many countries outside the US do.
In the US, you have the right to free speech, unless you offend someone… then you’re canceled.

LS1 Z28

Territorial Marshal
Oct 30, 2007
I have two thoughts on this:

First, it was funny. It was a classless move for Tech fans to throw trash on the field to slow down our momentum. I don't mind our players getting upset over what happened.

Second, every student athlete we have is an ambassador for the university. The things they post to social media reflect back on everyone. So while it was funny, it probably wasn't prudent.

If I were Coach Gundy, I would probably take him aside with a smile on my face and ask him to leave jokes like that inside the locker room and avoid posting them to social media. It's not something I would lose any sleep over though.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
I have two thoughts on this:

First, it was funny. It was a classless move for Tech fans to throw trash on the field to slow down our momentum. I don't mind our players getting upset over what happened.

Second, every student athlete we have is an ambassador for the university. The things they post to social media reflect back on everyone. So while it was funny, it probably wasn't prudent.

If I were Coach Gundy, I would probably take him aside with a smile on my face and ask him to leave jokes like that inside the locker room and avoid posting them to social media. It's not something I would lose any sleep over though.
If you were coach Gundy, you wouldn't even know or care about it unless/until asked about it during an interview.