Ticket Prices for Bedlam are soaring…

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
For this game at TBP, there are always people in your seats if you arrive 5 - 10 minutes after the advertised kickoff time. Then there are also too many butts in your row for the designated seats. It's a real rough time for the "ushers", if that term applies in a football stadium. How these folks get in and disrupt seating is crazy. We'll see for out seats in 10 days.
What is TBP? If you mean BPS then I question how many games you have actually attended. No on calls it TBP.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
For this game at TBP, there are always people in your seats if you arrive 5 - 10 minutes after the advertised kickoff time. Then there are also too many butts in your row for the designated seats. It's a real rough time for the "ushers", if that term applies in a football stadium. How these folks get in and disrupt seating is crazy. We'll see for out seats in 10 days.
You can fix this by not being late. Human nature is for people to sit in seats that aren't occupied IF the game has already started...it's silly to think that they won't because lots of seats have been available and people want to spread out a bit in the time of covid and normal times as well. I would guess the folks just move once you arrive, so why even mention it? Anyway, go Pokes!

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Ticket prices are going up and amount down significantly on Ticketmaster since there are no remaining standard tickets. If all former players and their family are provided free tickets this could be a large numbers 5000-10000 tickets. Club level are going for $2000 to $2500 per seat. This will be a sell out and may bring out upper level talk where an additional 15000 to 20000 seats would have been available. I wonder if they put the temporary bleachers up in the EEZ as seeems these were around 2500-3500 seats when they were building the WEZ?
They have cameras in the EEZ area. No bleachers there anymore.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Ticket prices are going up and amount down significantly on Ticketmaster since there are no remaining standard tickets. If all former players and their family are provided free tickets this could be a large numbers 5000-10000 tickets. Club level are going for $2000 to $2500 per seat. This will be a sell out and may bring out upper level talk where an additional 15000 to 20000 seats would have been available. I wonder if they put the temporary bleachers up in the EEZ as seems these were around 2500-3500 seats when they were building the WEZ?
I'm not sure why you are pressing this line of thinking, lots of resale tickets are on the secondary markets as we speak and many/most of those are under $300. Certainly it's going to be and likely is already a sell out because someone purchased all the tickets but that doesn't mean that someone who wants to go and is willing to pay around $250 cannot. Tickets for that amount are available on ticket master as resale tickets at this time. Certainly it's going to be a scramble, but right now if someone wants to go bad enough and is willing to pay around $250 per ticket (which I agree, is a bunch) they can.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Ticket prices are going up and amount down significantly on Ticketmaster since there are no remaining standard tickets. If all former players and their family are provided free tickets this could be a large numbers 5000-10000 tickets. Club level are going for $2000 to $2500 per seat. This will be a sell out and may bring out upper level talk where an additional 15000 to 20000 seats would have been available. I wonder if they put the temporary bleachers up in the EEZ as seeems these were around 2500-3500 seats when they were building the WEZ?
Slow, your estimation of numbers are unbelievable. I’m mean, ridiculously unbelievable.

Btw, I don’t understand your unhealthy obsession with ticket prices. Pro tip: buy season tickets and focus on more productive pursuits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Slow, your estimation of numbers are unbelievable. I’m mean, ridiculously unbelievable.

Btw, I don’t understand your unhealthy obsession with ticket prices. Pro tip: buy season tickets and focus on more productive pursuits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it is speculation partially looking at the ticket aftermarket websites, as I try to sell an extra ticket each week if a family member doesn’t go with me. For average game I list my ticket for $300 and go down if it doesn’t sell. Sometimes I sell both and move to single seat in Club level. For Bedlam tickets in my area are listed at $1500 and up so I would sell both my ticket for that price and buy a single ticket for $500 buck. This is the reason I am focused on ticket prices as I could use an extra 2-3 thousand bucks now.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
You are describing the species boomerus goonerus slitherist. They are normally identified by a red abdomen, red head wear and their normal herd sound of boomer or sooner. They tend to migrate downward in any stadium towards seats that are unoccupied by their owners. The 'red hided slitherer' as they are commonly known will actually try to make one believe they do have the correct seat through loud vocalizations and temper tantrums followed by the flashing of bad dental work.

Apr 14, 2009
Every time the goons come to town. Every time. 20% of the stadium are Sooner fans wearing red.
That is one of the main problems that O-State has! Just not enough good solid fans!
You might not like what I just posted. But it’s the truth.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Every time the goons come to town. Every time. 20% of the stadium are Sooner fans wearing red.
That is one of the main problems that O-State has! Just not enough good solid fans!
What they do is if bedlam is a premium game they literally will buy season tickets and sell the tickets to every other game just so they have that bedlam ticket. And the fact that they are only an hour and a half south of us means that a lot of them can travel easily. On top of that there are sooner fans in this town that will change their colors from orange to red for one game.
When you live this close to a rival, you can't help but have a bunch of them invade your stadium on a game day.

NinjaPoke

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
What they do is if bedlam is a premium game they literally will buy season tickets and sell the tickets to every other game just so they have that bedlam ticket. And the fact that they are only an hour and a half south of us means that a lot of them can travel easily. On top of that there are sooner fans in this town that will change their colors from orange to red for one game.
When you live this close to a rival, you can't help but have a bunch of them invade your stadium on a game day.

I wish the opposite were true when we come to Norman

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

They have a waiting list for their season tickets. Kind of hard to do.

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
I’ve heard this before don’t sell to a goon for $1,500 a seat. Get those tickets in poke fans hands at that $195 face value. Well, if they were really solid fans they would already have season tickets.
I’ll put them on the open market and let the solid poke fans make the decision to attend.

Blow it out your backside if you want to take $2,500 away from me. Solid fans don’t wait until it’s important to make it to a game.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I’ve heard this before don’t sell to a goon for $1,500 a seat. Get those tickets in poke fans hands at that $195 face value. Well, if they were really solid fans they would already have season tickets.
I’ll put them on the open market and let the solid poke fans make the decision to attend.

Blow it out your backside if you want to take $2,500 away from me. Solid fans don’t wait until it’s important to make it to a game.
I'm just about the same place, if I wish to profit from my purchase of season tickets you may kisseth my asseth if you don't like it.

Jul 26, 2005
Broken Arrow, OK
If others experience in Norman are like mine, you vow to never ever go to that shit hole place again. Verbal abuse, spit on, drinks thrown on you, sign held up in front of our sections just so we couldn't see and security says to leave it you don't like it. Just plain shitty people in Norman and I have no desire to ever step foot on that campus again.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Update - Lots of tickets are available on Ticketmaster for around $225 per ticket RIGHT NOW...prices are decreasing not increasing. This despite Slow and his posturing. I'm all about attending games and haven't missed one this year, will be at this game but don't want to over pay...am I a bad fan? Maybe, but I'm a diehard who isn't a multi millionaire so I have to be smart about it these days if I want the Misses happy, which is very important. Having my loud voice and others in the stadium cheering on the Cowboys is also a big deal so people like PokeSalad...errr slowpoke don't need to dissuade people from attending with their exaggeration of ticket prices...so stop it please.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

Not all solid fans by season tickets...sometimes life, health, illnesses, or changes and distress happens and they have to skimp a bit or make other priorities first...BUT they still attend as many games as they can and in cases like me every game....Since my daughter graduated and covid hit we didn't buy tickets...that has nothing to do with my fandom...only that my priorities changed a bit for a short amount of time during a pandemic. I've not missed a home game and don't intend to miss this one...but also don't want to over pay...is that wrong of me???

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Not all solid fans by season tickets...sometimes life, health, illnesses, or changes and distress happens and they have to skimp a bit or make other priorities first...BUT they still attend as many games as they can and in cases like me every game....Since my daughter graduated and covid hit we didn't buy tickets...that has nothing to do with my fandom...only that my priorities changed a bit for a short amount of time during a pandemic. I've not missed a home game and don't intend to miss this one...but also don't want to over pay...is that wrong of me???
Buy now then, they won't get much cheaper. The goon media will try to get their faithful stirred up, Traitor Jim and Bumfuzzled Patty will get in the act as well.

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
I get that but, it doesn’t give you or anyone else the right to tell me how to manage my tickets or fan shame me.