Thunder @ Mavs Game 1 Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

teibbor

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Jul 29, 2004
Welp. Saying "GO BLUE" doesn't quit delineate itself now lol.

Team with best PG play will win.

What are some keys?
Bench play. Thunder need a good night from Harden, Cook, Collison and Maynard. They have a good bench and we need to equalize it. I hope they are rusty from 9 days rest. I will say Thunder 99 Mavs 96. Dirk misses 3 at the end to tie the game.
This series has a chance to set up a rivalry between these two teams for many years if it can go 6-7 games and be phyical and hard fought games

t1m0thy

Walker told me I have AIDS
Sep 3, 2008
Tulsa
Westbrook's play will go a long way in determining this series. He'll be able to get to the paint at will, but will he take a contested jumper/turn it over, or will he find the open guy/take a good shot?

OSUTXRangers1

These pretzels are making me thirsty!
A/V Subscriber
Jan 5, 2010
Dallas, TX
Mavs 95-Thunder 85, Line is Mavs -6. I Think Mavs are 8-2 in covering the spread in the playoffs so far. Dallas wins cause it's in Dallas, and I think when your a team of guys in their upper 30s the rest is good and they won't be rusty, and if they are it won't last past a quarter. Thunder have played the Nuggets and Grizzles, while good they aren't the caliber of a team that the Mavs are. While I think it will be a competitive game, I think by the end of the game the Mavs prove to be just a bit too tough for the thunder.

Aug 22, 2009
Oklahoma
Thunder have played the Nuggets and Grizzles, while good they aren't the caliber of a team that the Mavs are. While I think it will be a competitive game, I think by the end of the game the Mavs prove to be just a bit too tough for the thunder.
I've heard this a lot. Not saying Memphis is the best team out there or anything, obviously. They did beat the Spurs in 6. Did the Spurs just fall apart or what? I didn't watch the series and don't pay too much attention to the NBA.

Jun 2, 2010
Squat Rack
Bench play. Thunder need a good night from Harden, Cook, Collison and Maynard. They have a good bench and we need to equalize it. I hope they are rusty from 9 days rest. I will say Thunder 99 Mavs 96. Dirk misses 3 at the end to tie the game.
This series has a chance to set up a rivalry between these two teams for many years if it can go 6-7 games and be phyical and hard fought games
I agree with this. The nine days are going to hurt the Mavs, as well as most teams that have to wait that long to play.

Feb 15, 2007
The only stat that matters...The Mavs are 8-0 in the playoffs when losing the opening tip. I look for the game to be decided in the first second. ;)

OSUTXRangers1

These pretzels are making me thirsty!
A/V Subscriber
Jan 5, 2010
Dallas, TX
Wilbon said in pre-game teams coming off of a sweep are 9-3 in the series when the next round they play against a team that went 7 games for what it's worth. So I'm not too worried about rust.