This Tweet was from a Dan Davis Lawyer Last Night. SMH

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2007
Yukon, OK
I support the employer's right to terminate the employee or whatever reason. I also support accountability/consequences for actions/statements. I just think that calling for a person to be fired for a joke is over the top. Punishment does not fit the "crime".
I agree but on the other hand, if you make these kinds of comments on a public forum and use your real name on your account, you get what you deserve. Gotta be smarter than that.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
I support the employer's right to terminate the employee or whatever reason. I also support accountability/consequences for actions/statements. I just think that calling for a person to be fired for a joke is over the top. Punishment does not fit the "crime".
This is not a punishment and crime issue, but consequences of your actions.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
You believe the world will be better off with him losing his job as opposed to the "do better" response?

Why do you believe that?
So you've never played that game?
I view this similarly to how I view the United States dropping a bomb on an Afghan village. It *might* be some form of justice, but will it help the situation? No.
Do you consider yourself and those friends "human filth", then?
You can always tell when someone digs themselves too deep when they start replying with idiotic questions. Stop digging Billy Boy.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
GTFOH with this mealy-mouth nonsense.

If you think telling this dude, "don't do it again" and calling it good is in ANY way supporting accountability or supporting consequences for this action, you're off your rocker.

There is no atonement without amends. There is no forgiveness without penance. "Don't do it again" is neither amends nor penance.

Stop pissing down my leg and trying to convince me it's raining.

Mar 15, 2005
I apologize if I missed this elsewhere in this thread - but did they fire the guy? I looked at his law firm's web page just now and his picture and name are not listed under the attorneys' section any longer - they were there on Saturday and Sunday. Looks like he learned that actions have consequences the hard way.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
I apologize if I missed this elsewhere in this thread - but did they fire the guy? I looked at his law firm's web page just now and his picture and name are not listed under the attorneys' section any longer - they were there on Saturday and Sunday. Looks like he learned that actions have consequences the hard way.
Yes his pic is gone but it has not been said publicly if he was fired or not.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Yes his pic is gone but it has not been said publicly if he was fired or not.
They can't legally say much. At best there would be a notification to clients that he left to pursue other interests.

Sep 6, 2007
Mooreland, Oklahoma
He is gone.
https://dandavislaw.com/attorneys

OrangeCrush

Territorial Marshal
Oct 26, 2004
Gateway to the High Plains
he had a hell of a weekend

1. Lost to the pokes
2. His football Jesus betrayed him
3. All time great recruiting class deconstructing itself
4. Lost his job.
5. Career path most likely on the same trajectory as his beloved football program

someone should be doing welfare checks on him

Status
Not open for further replies.