This Tweet was from a Dan Davis Lawyer Last Night. SMH

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
I'll be in the minority here, I'm sure, but...... Why "cancel" the guy? Yes - his words were gross. Yes - he shouldn't say/post things like that. Yes - there are consequences to posting things online. But why go after his livelihood?

Just call him an idiot and move on. At worst, give the firm feedback that you disliked his post. But calling for his removal or wishing that oh him seems......inhumane.
Pretend for a second that you lost a loved one in one of the plane crashes.

I think I'll just call you an idiot and move on...

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
People are fired every day for all kinds of reasons. He will get another job, his livelihood is not destroyed. Your concern for this piece of human filth is a little disturbing though.

Are y'all really going to act like you haven't heard crass jokes like this before? If this was said by one of your friends, you might have been shocked, but probably just laughed it off. But would you have labeled them "human filth"? No way.

Out of all the people on this board, I'm surprised that you two are the ones acting so sensitive about something like this. In fact, I'm guessing y'all have said similar or worse things in your lifetimes.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Are y'all really going to act like you haven't heard crass jokes like this before? If this was said by one of your friends, you might have been shocked, but probably just laughed it off. But would you have labeled them "human filth"? No way.

Out of all the people on this board, I'm surprised that you two are the ones acting so sensitive about something like this. In fact, I'm guessing y'all have said similar or worse things in your lifetimes.
You would be guessing wrong, per usual.

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009

Haha, you have an extremely skewed version of logic.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Yeah, right. You know you've said similar things or worse. Why lie about it? This is a safe place, Rob.
You may think it's a safe place, Billy Boy, but defending human filth makes you human filth, of course we knew that before you tried to defend him.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
You may think it's a safe place, Billy Boy, but defending human filth makes you human filth, of course we knew that before you tried to defend him.
So one crass joke makes someone "human filth" forever? Jeez, man.... How do you breathe the thin air from the elevation of your high horse?

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I'll be in the minority here, I'm sure, but...... Why "cancel" the guy? Yes - his words were gross. Yes - he shouldn't say/post things like that. Yes - there are consequences to posting things online. But why go after his livelihood?

Just call him an idiot and move on. At worst, give the firm feedback that you disliked his post. But calling for his removal or wishing that on him seems......inhumane.
No need to CALL for his removal. I'm sure the moment his boss saw it he was gonna be fired anyway.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Welcome to the 2020s. Not sure where you’ve been the last few years.

People lose jobs, elections, draft positions - people’s social media posts are being brought into court as character exhibits.

Right or Wrong, it’s the way of the world.
I know its the way of the world. But that won't stop me from calling it out as wrong.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW

Just call him an idiot and move on. At worst, give the firm feedback that you disliked his post. But calling for his removal or wishing that on him seems......inhumane.
His “livelihood” is representing victims. He disparaged victims of a tragedy. It is relevant.

How one person can consistently have the absolute wrong take on every topic is mind boggling to me. Congratulations.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
People are fired every day for all kinds of reasons. He will get another job, his livelihood is not destroyed. Your concern for this piece of human filth is a little disturbing though.

I would consider someone that thought that was funny to be human filth. Most decent human beings would. It was in extremely poor taste. I think you are the smallest minority of one here. As I said, I think he would have got fired by just seeing the tweet, even with no influx of people calling for it.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
His “livelihood” is representing victims. He disparaged victims of a tragedy. It is relevant.

How one person can consistently have the absolute wrong take on every topic is mind boggling to me. Congratulations.
Let me guess; my take is "wrong", because it's different than your take? Perhaps we just have different, but valid, perspectives on things due to personality types, life experiences, etc....

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
I would consider someone that thought that was funny to be human filth. Most decent human beings would. It was in extremely poor taste. I think you are the smallest minority of one here. As I said, I think he would have got fired by just seeing the tweet, even with no influx of people calling for it.

You're trying to tell me that you've never heard jokes of similar "taste" in your lifetime OR that you've considered everyone human filth that has stated similar things? If so, that's incredible. Congrats on the most pristine, puritan, perfect life ever. I've heard stuff like this and way worse over the years countless times.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Have none of you played Cards Against Humanity? Even within that game, stuff like this is commonplace. That's just one example of the "human filth" that I've encountered over the years.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

If he loses his job, that’s on him and/or his boss. His boss ain’t listening to the “fire him” rhetoric, but he is evaluating his employee’s behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
If he loses his job, that’s on him and/or his boss. His boss ain’t listening to the “fire him” rhetoric, but he is evaluating his employee’s behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the record - I don't support what he said, or even think it was funny. It was crass, low, stupid, and even dumber to post it on a public forum.

But I think calling for him to be fired or labeling him as human filth for such a post is over-the-top. That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.