Think you can shoot a basketball...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 4, 2016
florida
If he can do it with a Big 12 guard inside his shirt then he ought to be on the floor.
This is a game of H.O.R.S.E Rx not a game of one on one. I highly doubt there is any talent on campus that could play BIG 12 completion but shooting without anyone " inside his shirt" I have no doubt Johnny Sharpshooter from Ada could hold his own against Ice, Mcgriff and Waters. You notice I said no dice against Dizzy. He's way to streaky of a shooter

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
This is a game of H.O.R.S.E Rx not a game of one on one. I highly doubt there is any talent on campus that could play BIG 12 completion but shooting without anyone " inside his shirt" I have no doubt Johnny Sharpshooter from Ada could hold his own against Ice, Mcgriff and Waters. You notice I said no dice against Dizzy. He's way to streaky of a shooter
Your assumption is that Ice, McGriff, and Waters look the same without a Big 12 guard with a hand in their face. Thus my comment. It is a game of H.O.R.S.E. not a game of one on one, so Ice, McGriff, and Waters won't have a hand in their face. These guys are next level players and it'll be shoot-around for them, Johnny from Ada isn't a next-level player. My money is on the Pokes.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
I agree with you. Except dont use Ada. In 2021 they have bigtime recruit at guard. :)
I agree with you. Most these people have no clue how good Big 12 basketball players are. Most high school kids from little schools would get their butt kicked.

Feb 4, 2016
florida
I don't get the skepticism from some of you like this could never happen. I only have to go back one year to bring up Dee Mitchell as an example. If this exhibition had been held last year before the tryout he had the possibility of outperforming any of the current cowboys at a shooting contest. Heck he has started games this year. To think there's not another Dee Mitchell on campus is just shortsighted.

Apr 27, 2006
I don't get the skepticism from some of you like this could never happen. I only have to go back one year to bring up Dee Mitchell as an example. If this exhibition had been held last year before the tryout he had the possibility of outperforming any of the current cowboys at a shooting contest. Heck he has started games this year. To think there's not another Dee Mitchell on campus is just shortsighted.
Agree especially considering how woefully we shoot the ball. It seems in recruiting that athleticism is emphasized over the ability to score the ball. Like Tony said it is all about the buckets.

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
Dee Mitchell isn't playing because of his three point shot. To think that scoring is the only thing basketball is about is just shortsided.