Things we wanted to happen today...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
OSU win - CHECK
OU Win - CHECK
Baylor Win - CHECK
Oregon loss - CHECK

So that puts us in the Big-12 Championship game for our first ever appearance.

We probably are going to move up a couple spots in the poll Tuesday. Top 7 will likely be:
- Georgia
- Alabama
- Ohio St
- Cincinnati
- Michigan
- Notre Dame
- Okla State.

However, if we finish strong with a Bedlam win and a win over Baylor, combined with a likely Michigan loss, we could EASILY jump over Cincinnati/Notre Dame to slide into the #4 spot. I would say we now control our destiny to make the Play-off.

Tremendous, dare I say historic, opportunity in front of us if we can close out with two solid victories.

Last edited:

trippin629

Territorial Marshal
Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa
We SHOULD jump Notre Dame. I don't expect we will, but we should. When you play a cupcake, hand-picked schedule every year that should cost you down the stretch. ND should be viewed through the same lense as Cincy.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Dec 2, 2008
SC
We SHOULD jump Notre Dame. I don't expect we will, but we should. When you play a cupcake, hand-picked schedule every year that should cost you down the stretch. ND should be viewed through the same lense as Cincy.

The only thing I disagree with what you said is that they should be viewed through the same lense as Cincy. ND doesn’t play for a CC. They’ve had multiple opportunities to join a conference so eff em’.

Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO

If we win out, then I think we jump Notre Dame. It won’t be until we win the Big 12 but I think it will happen. If we’re one spot behind them at 11-1, then they would have to jump us over them if we beat a Top 7 Baylor team (they will be 8 this week and will jump loser of Ohio State and Michigan next week with a win). That win will be better alone than anything Notre Dame has and we will have a conference title and they will not. That is supposed to be an emphasis for the committee.

I’m more worried about Cincinnati, it would help me feel better if Michigan jumps them next week. Just means they’ll be easier to jump. Really hope Georgia smacks Bama and both Cincy and OSU make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
* Michigan or Ohio State will drop below us after next week.
* We have the strongest finishing schedule among Cinn/ND/Okla St
* We have the strongest opponent next week of those 3.
* IF we win out given our schedule strength, I think we jump in to the Top-4.

Sep 6, 2014

That's honestly not fair. ND plays a schedule of ACC, Big 10 and Pac 12 teams. It's not like they are playing Rhode Island every week. It just so happens some of the teams they play this year like Florida State, Va Tech, USC etc are having bad years.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
As crazy as it is, this is going to be the most historic Bedlam we have played in since 2011 or perhaps even bigger. Stakes are so so high for the reasons below:

1. OU is leaving the conference...they packed their bags and left us, their fellow state institution, without even giving us a heads up. The biggest stab in the back in the history of our two schools to my knowledge and NOT just from a football standpoint. I understand that ou is in mega debt and maybe they need to do it, but we "could have helped a brother out" had they asked..but NO! Instead they call worst of the worst controlling backstabbing Texas, and ask them for a hand out...let's see how that works for ya..."bro.'

2. Conference title

3. College football four team playoff birth.

4. Gameday I assume.

5. One of the three or four biggest college games of the year...but with #1 I think the biggest in terms of emotion this year for sure.

Go Pokes! Beat the lying, backstabbing, good for nothin, cheating, Sooners into the dirt to never be heard from again!

Get errr damn done!

p.s. I don't have a ticket...can you help a brother out? ;-)

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
That's honestly not fair. ND plays a schedule of ACC, Big 10 and Pac 12 teams. It's not like they are playing Rhode Island every week. It just so happens some of the teams they play this year like Florida State, Va Tech, USC etc are having bad years.
Nothing about college football is fair.

When you play a schedule of invalids, make sure you win convincingly and don’t lose. They failed at both.