Things that should happen now that the Mueller Investigation is over

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
People have very short memories....
Isn't that the truth? You would rather forget that President Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964, introduced by a Democrat, rather than a Republican. President Kennedy had called for it. In case it will make you feel better, Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, a Democrat and former member of the Ku Klux Klan, opposed it. I wonder if President Trump opposed it, even though he was only 18 at the time.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2011
The Civil Rights Act was passed with ~81% Republican support, ~65% Democrat support. If you're going to stand on a lie, at least back it up with some truth. Johnson signed a veto-proof bill. Good for him.

By party

• Democratic Party: 152–96 (61–39%)
  • Republican Party: 138–34 (80–20%)
Cloture in the Senate:[23]

• Democratic Party: 44–23 (66–34%)
  • Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)
The Senate version:[22]

• Democratic Party: 46–21 (69–31%)
The Senate version, voted on by the House:[22]

• Democratic Party: 153–91 (63–37%)
  • Republican Party: 136–35 (80–20%)

Jul 22, 2011
Back to the point of the thread:

The media outlets who pushed this hoax will never hold themselves accountable or apologize to anyone. Don't expect them to. Their viewers and sycophants will continue to have their own opinions and conspiracy theories regurgitated back at them and thus is their constitutional right.

I have my doubts about any intel agency or dem official/campaign being actually prosecuted. No republicans have been effective in that arena. When Lindsay f'ing Graham is your loudest champion, you got problems.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
The Civil Rights Act was passed with ~81% Republican support, ~65% Democrat support. If you're going to stand on a lie, at least back it up with some truth. Johnson signed a veto-proof bill. Good for him.
Johnson clearly pushed for this bill, and as a Senator, he got two prior civil rights bills passed, in 1957 and 1960.

In his speech after the assignation, he vowed to pass the legislation that Kennedy was pushing, and he did.

Of course, there were riots, marches and murders that they were dealing with at the time, but whatever the cause.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii

The media outlets who pushed this hoax will never hold themselves accountable or apologize to anyone. Don't expect them to. Their viewers and sycophants will continue to have their own opinions and conspiracy theories regurgitated back at them and thus is their constitutional right.

I have my doubts about any intel agency or dem official/campaign being actually prosecuted. No republicans have been effective in that arena. When Lindsay f'ing Graham is your loudest champion, you got problems.
It's our duty to also keep going. To be vocal, to be in their face and to constantly remind them that in this point in history that not only were they wrong but treasonous to the nation. Furthermore, from this point forward, every story they cover and report on should be analyzed with an anti American lens. Including the top 50 celebrities (https://www.breitbart.com/entertain...cused-trump-of-treason-collusion-with-russia/), the professors, pundits and former alphabet agency talking heads. They should be hounded on their own social media about their actions until they die. I will never forget. Yet, I could forgive, if only they could acknowledge their actions and apologize.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com

I don't expect these things to happen at all. Just what should happen. A new special counsel is a real possibility though imo.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010

By party

• Democratic Party: 152–96 (61–39%)
  • Republican Party: 138–34 (80–20%)
Cloture in the Senate:[23]

• Democratic Party: 44–23 (66–34%)
The Senate version:[22]

• Democratic Party: 46–21 (69–31%)
The Senate version, voted on by the House:[22]

• Democratic Party: 153–91 (63–37%)
  • Republican Party: 136–35 (80–20%)
Keep in mind that the hatred and resentment for Democrats is mighty intense in this forum.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Keep in mind that the hatred and resentment for Democrats is mighty intense in this forum.
Townie... get it straight

no hatred for democrats.... the hatred is for "progressives" and Democratic PARTY LEADERS.

democrats are fine, most of my family are democrats, it's the party leadership that lies to them, and the deceptive progressive propaganda propagated by the corrupt media that WAS keeping most democrats captive by their party.

for many democrats, that veil has now been lifted

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
I don't want any Party running the show.... I want to be represented.... I want them to represent us.... we the people

some basic fundamentals must be restored for that to happen... 1) repeal the 17th amendment, 2) amend the 16th amendment to put caps on income tax (like 10% top rate), 3) term limits on Supreme Beings.. if they are going to act like politicians, then they should be treated like politicians, 4) convention of States to limit the free-loading of congress, if they pass it, they too shall live by it (pay raise limited to cost of living (like social security, prosecution for insider trading, no separate Cadillac medical plan, etc), 5) balanced budget amendment 6) require photo ID for voting
Ok. Here we go.
1). Why repeal the 17th? Do we really want state senates picking our federal representatives?
2). Agreed. The 16th is very vague in more ways than just caps.
3). Agreed. Plus limits on how many there can be.
4). Very agreed. If we can get a convention we need to address much much more but this is a good start.
5). Should be an amendment of itself.
6). Hard to believe this is even an issue.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Ok. Here we go.
1). Why repeal the 17th? Do we really want state senates picking our federal representatives?
2). Agreed. The 16th is very vague in more ways than just caps.
3). Agreed. Plus limits on how many there can be.
4). Very agreed. If we can get a convention we need to address much much more but this is a good start.
5). Should be an amendment of itself.
6). Hard to believe this is even an issue.
Repeal the 17th because true democracy is another form of tyranny. The very reason the founders created a democratic republic. Enough democracy to hear the peoples voice without giving them tyrannical power.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Repeal the 17th because true democracy is another form of tyranny. The very reason the founders created a democratic republic. Enough democracy to hear the peoples voice without giving them tyrannical power.
But the former way senators were selected came from state legislators who were elected under Democracy. Back then there were probably no term limits, thereby making formation of tyranny easier. Of course, if you want, you can point out that most states have term limits now, so that doesn't apply as much any more.