Things that are being overlooked.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 22, 2006
Oklahoma City
We have 2 top 5 NBA players in KD and Russ. 2!!! No one else does and no one else will.

Reggie Jackson is a BEAST

Imagine Russell Westbrook and Reggie Jackson closing out games at the 1 and 2. That is un-guardable with KD on the floor. Scoring center be damned.

Ibaka is going to be improved. He has improved every year and is still improving.

Kevin Durant could average 30ppg 10rpg and 5apg. It is not improbable, in my opinion. He is already close and seems to add new aspects to his game every offseason. I may sound like I am drinking the KD coolaid, well I am. I really think that KD's youth and continual improvement cannot be overstated.

Thabeet will play more than people think. He looked good in his minutes.

Jeremy Lamb and PJ3 are the real deal. Jeremy Lamb is especially real dealish.

Steven Adams and Roberson could contribute by the end of the year.

I just don't think the team is getting worse like everyone is trying to imply.

Oh and I almost forgot....we will have Russell Westrbook back. We would have made the finals with him. He is unstoppable and is only getting better. He is more Lebron like than anyone else in the league and no one talks about it. He is probably the fastest player to ever play the game and he is refining his game every year in dramatic fashion. Russell Westbrook will be the best PG in the league next season and we will win the West again.

teibbor

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Jul 29, 2004
:koolaid: we need Thunder koolaid man. Drink up. I hope you are correct.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Here is some food for thought: Perk will help Stevens Adams develop quicker than he would have otherwise.
I have said Perk and Collison could be huge for the guy. I expect him to take Thabett's minutes at some point. He is probably our strongest player save Perk right now. He is our most athletic big unless we count Ibaka.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
You are correct it is not all gloom and doom. However:
1. We have arguably the weakest bigs in the league.
2. We do not have a true #1 on the bench. I like rj but he'd be better as a two. And don't say its okay because Westbrook isn't a "true 1" rj isn't in the same league as Westbrook.
3.Everyone around is are making moves to get better now.

PrincetonPoke23

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Aug 3, 2011
Marin County, CA
You are correct it is not all gloom and doom. However:
1. We have arguably the weakest bigs in the league.
2. We do not have a true #1 on the bench. I like rj but he'd be better as a two. And don't say its okay because Westbrook isn't a "true 1" rj isn't in the same league as Westbrook.
3.Everyone around is are making moves to get better now.
So you think we should make moves 'just to make moves' (when we had 60 wins last season and probably would have made the finals had Russ been healthy)? Also.. The weakest bigs in the league? Perk is bad... really bad... but by know means the worst center in the league. Adams has tons of potential. Thabeet is really bad.. I'll give you that but at least he's 7'2.

Oct 30, 2009
Columbia, MO via Lawton, OK
I do not know what to think. I still think the Thunder will end up with the one seed in the west. I also think they can get to the Finals again if they stay healthy. I always agreed with the Barkley premise that the Thunder are a bad matchup for the Spurs, but the Heat are a terrible matchup for the Thunder. The only way I could see a scenario where the Thunder could beat the Heat is if Reggie turns out to be a six man of the year candidate and Lamb shoots around 40% from 3 and keep it up in a potential finals matchup vs the Heat. Those are two very big ifs.

It also depends on what one would consider a successful season at this point. I think the Thunder can make it to the NBA finals next year as is, but would simply making it and getting waxed by the Heat be a successful season?

Dec 19, 2012
I do not know what to think. I still think the Thunder will end up with the one seed in the west. I also think they can get to the Finals again if they stay healthy. I always agreed with the Barkley premise that the Thunder are a bad matchup for the Spurs, but the Heat are a terrible matchup for the Thunder. The only way I could see a scenario where the Thunder could beat the Heat is if Reggie turns out to be a six man of the year candidate and Lamb shoots around 40% from 3 and keep it up in a potential finals matchup vs the Heat. Those are two very big ifs.

It also depends on what one would consider a successful season at this point. I think the Thunder can make it to the NBA finals next year as is, but would simply making it and getting waxed by the Heat be a successful season?
Yes, but everyone wants a title. It is hard to keep up with the heat when major vets will sign for cheap to get a title. I'm not sure what the best answer for the Heat is... probably a really good/athletic big guy, but the only team we need a great big for will be Dwight Howard in the West.

Oct 30, 2009
Yes, but everyone wants a title. It is hard to keep up with the heat when major vets will sign for cheap to get a title. I'm not sure what the best answer for the Heat is... probably a really good/athletic big guy, but the only team we need a great big for will be Dwight Howard in the West.
This is the kicker. As someone who hates the Heat and everything that they stand for it drives me nuts. I thought Ray Allen going there was complete bush league. But it is legal and within the rules so it is what it is. Like I said Lamb is going to have to be lethal from range (while playing at least serviceable defense) and Reggie is going to have to be a legitimate playmaker (and shotmaker) for the Thunder to have a shot against the Heat.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
So you think we should make moves 'just to make moves' (when we had 60 wins last season and probably would have made the finals had Russ been healthy)? Also.. The weakest bigs in the league? Perk is bad... really bad... but by know means the worst center in the league. Adams has tons of potential. Thabeet is really bad.. I'll give you that but at least he's 7'2.
You are correct, you don't want to make moves to make moves. However, we are not going to be the same team as last year, look at what we are losing. Who is going to pick up K-Marts points? D-fish was huge for us in the playoffs. Can we rely on him again?

And yes, I believe we have the worst bigs in the league. Perkins posted a rating of -.7 for the playoffs which is the worst ever! And he is the starter.I really like collision's offense but put him on d against a physical big and he gets dominated. Look at the Memphis series where we were dominated inside. San Antonio dominated those same Memphis bigs. Remember the spots center highlight where Memphis got 6 offensive rebounds in the same possession? And as far as Adams goes, you don't win championships on potential. He has played one year of American ball. Remember Cole Aldrich had potential, thabeet had potential. Until they prove it on the court it's hard to say what they will contribute.
All I know is that I see a lot of teams getting better around us and we are losing pieces.

Nov 22, 2006
Oklahoma City
You are correct, you don't want to make moves to make moves. However, we are not going to be the same team as last year, look at what we are losing. Who is going to pick up K-Marts points? D-fish was huge for us in the playoffs. Can we rely on him again?

And yes, I believe we have the worst bigs in the league. Perkins posted a rating of -.7 for the playoffs which is the worst ever! And he is the starter.I really like collision's offense but put him on d against a physical big and he gets dominated. Look at the Memphis series where we were dominated inside. San Antonio dominated those same Memphis bigs. Remember the spots center highlight where Memphis got 6 offensive rebounds in the same possession? And as far as Adams goes, you don't win championships on potential. He has played one year of American ball. Remember Cole Aldrich had potential, thabeet had potential. Until they prove it on the court it's hard to say what they will contribute.
All I know is that I see a lot of teams getting better around us and we are losing pieces.
Defense wasn't our problem against Memphis and with a healthy Westbrook we might even sweep that series.

Our bigs are NOT THE WORST IN THE LEAGUE. That's ridiculous.

Oct 30, 2009
Make a case for a team who has worse bigs.

Any team with Serge Ibaka cannot be classified as the team with the worst bigs. Serge actually played the best on ball defense I had seen him play in the Memphis series. Perk was just ridiculously, historically bad. Couple that with the fact that Collison could breathe on a guy and get whistled for it and that series was doomed.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Any team with Serge Ibaka cannot be classified as the team with the worst bigs. Serge actually played the best on ball defense I had seen him play in the Memphis series. Perk was just ridiculously, historically bad. Couple that with the fact that Collison could breathe on a guy and get whistled for it and that series was doomed.
I should have clarified by bigs. I was talking only centers not power forwards. Personally I think serg is or is capable of being a top 5 pf in the league.

Vakarian74

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 2, 2010
Oklahoma City
I should have clarified by bigs. I was talking only centers not power forwards. Personally I think serg is or is capable of being a top 5 pf in the league.
Miami's bigs are worse. Mainly because they really don't have one except Joel Anthony. Anderson is a 4 playing out of position and Bosh is also more of a 4. Also 76ers, Raptors and now that Boston doesn't have Garnett. Boston.