There is no reason to be upset ...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
With your coaches, players, or adminstration.

Some OSU fans are melting down for the above not turing this team into a championship team in just one or two years ...

It takes longer ...

I honestly believe that OSU is on the right track ... (as I stated earlier)

- Look at the commitment from your school in paying your coaches. If this staff does not produce (it is a process) they will not continue to make your coaching staff the highest paid assts in the league.

- Look at your contributor(s) ... more money will follow ...

- Look at the plans for your facilities .. more money will follow ... and with that recruiting will improve over a top 25 recruiting class average.

OSU already has a (double) handful of players that can make this a championship team ... it will take more like them ... Reid, Savage, Bowman, and "others" can not do it alone ... the team will get stronger.

With that being said ... I look forward to the rematch in two years.

Don't slam your team, coaches, or admistration ... you can not have in one or two years that take much longer to build... it just does not happen that way.

Thanks for the past 6-8 weeks ... it has been fun.

Pokes28

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 26, 2003
Carl Junction, MO
facebook.com
Just so you know. OSU has paid its assistant coaches some of the best salaries and gave contracts to them for years now. It was started when Les Miles first came to OSU.

I don't think it fair to go after the player, but the coaches are definitely fair game. Some of the play calling and the confusion on the field are direct results of coaching.

I always said that I thought Georgia would win this game. Just too much for OSU to overcome between the talent level and the road game. I've stated for a long time that I was worried about how the offense would do right out of the gate. It is easy for an offense just not be clicking. I just think that many of us expected to see improvement on the defensive side of the ball and simply put, it was the same thing we've seen for years.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

Aaron C.

AKA Shortbus
Jul 20, 2005
Edmond, OK
www.ultimatenurse.com
there is PLENTY of reason to be upset.

We spotted you seven points and were still in the game at halftime.

We did nothing agressively, to try and win the football game. Our coaching staff was content with cute and didn't use their WEAPONS.

We were running the ball just fine, yet we didn't try pounding it. We didn't try throwing down field consistently to our TE and our stud WR Bowman. When we did, out of the pocket, it worked.

Our defense...I'm very disappointed in our defense. Jeremy Nethon and Donovan Woods played as if they were Bull Fighters...Ole'! (usually I try not to criticize specific players but they just flat out played poorly. I should include Lacey in that group as well. I expected much more out of him.

Did I honestly think we'd win that game? NO. After the game was over, I should have believed moreso that we could going in, but we certainly weren't ready to do what it takes...

We can still win the South, and I'm no less confident about our team than I was going into this game, despite our poor showing. I still be believe we are good enough to win every game on our schedule.

Jul 12, 2007
Edmond, Ok.
My big question regarding the play calling was where was the misdirection plays (reverses, cutbacks)? Georgia's Defense were flying to the ball. If we went right, their whole front and linebackers were there. The whole backside was wide open. Misdirection works great against those teams which pursue the ball very quickly. Yet, we did not even try a misdirection play.

okstateguy987

Teamo Supremo
May 7, 2007
My big question regarding the play calling was where was the misdirection plays (reverses, cutbacks)? Georgia's Defense were flying to the ball. If we went right, their whole front and linebackers were there. The whole backside was wide open. Misdirection works great against those teams which pursue the ball very quickly. Yet, we did not even try a misdirection play.
well, we didn't even try to win the game, so I'm not surprised

okstateguy987

Teamo Supremo
May 7, 2007
I know you are frustrated, but that's complete nonsense.
did fedora try any big plays when we needed them? why did we keep running the ball when we knew it wasn't working out? why did we let Georgia continue throwing screen passes?

it's not complete nonsense. for some reason, nobody was willing to take any risks. that's why we lost.

Feb 8, 2007
OKC
nobody was willing to take any risks. that's why we lost.
To think, it had nothing to do with the fact that we were playing a top 15, top-tier SEC team on their turf...a team stocked with future NFL players...we lost because we weren't taking any risks! If only we'd run a fake punt or a statue of liberty.......

McalPoke

Territorial Marshal
Nov 12, 2006
McAlester, OK
...we were playing a top 15, top-tier SEC team on their turf...
You know, I'm so tired of hearing this excuse. A top 15 SEC team. So freaking what.

I said it before, if the expectations are that we shouldn't expect to be able to compete with the caliber of team like UGA, then we have no business playing D-1 football.

Why schedule an OOC top tier team if we shouldn't expect to win? Let's just schedule a bunch of patsies and be happy beating them 79-0.

Any team that we schedule OOC, we should have every expectation of winning that game. The lame excuses like "well they're top 15 so it's not such a bad thing to lose to them" just burns my short hairs.

I'm p_o'ed and upset at the performance on Saturday and I have every right to be p_o'ed and upset. And I won't apologize for being p_o'ed and upset. I just don't know how anybody can just pat the team on the head and say "Oh that's ok, after all they're a top 15 team".

It's an insult to the team if we don't have high expectations for them. If we're satisfied with mediocrity, that's what we'll get.

duckstreet89

Banned
Banned
Jul 13, 2004
A Little Southeast of Disorder
Bad thing is that a ton of OSU fans on these message boards ARE satisfied with the play of the FB team Saturday night..

Listen up folks...

Status quo over all of these years has got this program to the point of where it is now...where there is almost no return.

I don't know about you guys personally...

But that rat's a$$ performance by our team and coaches Saturday night was not good enough for me (season ticket holder / alum / & donor). :mad:

I expect much better as an OSU fan..

Oct 9, 2006
I am glad we have so many posters that are better football coaches and play callers than the ones we have. You guys are pathetic.

Aug 14, 2007
Duhhhhh
Just so you know. OSU has paid its assistant coaches some of the best salaries and gave contracts to them for years now. It was started when Les Miles first came to OSU.

I don't think it fair to go after the player, but the coaches are definitely fair game. Some of the play calling and the confusion on the field are direct results of coaching.

I always said that I thought Georgia would win this game. Just too much for OSU to overcome between the talent level and the road game. I've stated for a long time that I was worried about how the offense would do right out of the gate. It is easy for an offense just not be clicking. I just think that many of us expected to see improvement on the defensive side of the ball and simply put, it was the same thing we've seen for years.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh
there is PLENTY of reason to be upset.

We spotted you seven points and were still in the game at halftime.

We did nothing agressively, to try and win the football game. Our coaching staff was content with cute and didn't use their WEAPONS.

We were running the ball just fine, yet we didn't try pounding it. We didn't try throwing down field consistently to our TE and our stud WR Bowman. When we did, out of the pocket, it worked.

Our defense...I'm very disappointed in our defense. Jeremy Nethon and Donovan Woods played as if they were Bull Fighters...Ole'! (usually I try not to criticize specific players but they just flat out played poorly. I should include Lacey in that group as well. I expected much more out of him.

Did I honestly think we'd win that game? NO. After the game was over, I should have believed moreso that we could going in, but we certainly weren't ready to do what it takes...

We can still win the South, and I'm no less confident about our team than I was going into this game, despite our poor showing. I still be believe we are good enough to win every game on our schedule.
Well...I am back....OKDAWG! Said I would even though I was banned for flaming on this board before all of the sudden a moderator decided he should lossen up....Uhhmmmmmm...you guys posted here after the game with toooooo much emotion. I offer to you both free services on the lessons of accepting a loss.

Let us credit the Dawgs.........35-14 .....go cry and get over it......BEAT THe Sooners!

Aug 18, 2005
Olathe, KS
...why did we keep running the ball when we knew it wasn't working out?
This part of your quote would be OK if it wasn't the complete opposite of what happened in the game. We were having success running the ball (4.7 yards per carry if I'm not mistaken). And we abandoned the run way too early in the 2nd half.

I was disappointed in the teams and the coaches effort the other night. However, it still just counts as one loss. We need to come back with a little chip on our shoulder and use the next 4 games to get our swagger back and get ready to make a run at the Big XII South. I think that this team got a little too confident based on their pre-season hype, and thought things would come easy to them. Maybe a humbling loss early in the season will turn out to be what they needed to get focused. I had way too much excitement this Summer too just give up on the team after one poor performance.

Speaking of poor performances. After looking at the stat's and reading the re-cap of the Texas-Ark. St. game, Texas has problems of their own to worry about. They were out played at home by a very week team.

Go Pokes!