The Universe

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

docjoctoo

Territorial Marshal
Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
First person to ask me in all this time.

Firstly, Methodist. It was taught to me from birth.

Secondly, I was saved.

Thirdly, I had a serious NDE. And that experience showed me that what I was taught, wasn’t even close.

By this time, I’m in my early 20’s. The greatest way to solve this life changing scenario was to use The Scientific Method. I mean, Jesus said not to test him.

So I did. My hypothesis is obvious but any experiment will be subjective to the designer. So my results are just that and for myself only. I will say, the test was confirmed, at least for myself, that he was part of my existence. So you could say in that light, I’m Christian.

I use him as the target of my intents and gratitude but since I really don’t know his boss so well, he’s as far as I go. But it’s just me. No church. No congregation. No dogma.

So do I have faith that we create our reality? Yes

Do I have faith that the we create our next reality? No idea. Just thought it up for the first time today. But if I can make the first assumption, and I did, why not? Maybe you’re all correct in your beliefs.

And if we really are going to get stoned on this, then take it one more step. It’s better to believe in something next than to believe in nothing is next.
As a physician I have seen things happen ( you might call them miracles) that are well beyond everything known by medicine.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
As a physician I have seen things happen ( you might call them miracles) that are well beyond everything known by medicine.
The thing about the NDE was I experienced it over 30 years ago. Before it was a coined expression in daily lexicon. At the time, I kept it to myself for who would believe me? I never heard of it before that. Maybe something about a tunnel of light but didn’t experience that either.

It’s only as an old person that I learned about them through popular culture. That the Egyptians, Greeks, Persians, Hindus, Buddhists, and Romans all knew about them and wrote them down. The 10 major symptoms are all the same. Across all cultures. Across thousands of years. Atheist have them. Satanists have them. Heart surgeons have them. Neurologist have them.

I’ve seen most of the symptoms explained away through technologies like the God Helmet. Or sudden DMT release by the brain at death. But no one seems to be able to even come close to explaining why the recently deceased are the first ones we encounter in this alter consciousness realm. And the communication that takes place.

Even after all this time, it’s the most real experience I’ve ever had. Definitely changed my life and removed all fear of death. The day I found out it wasn’t just me that had this experience was the second greatest day of my life.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Fake news! We all know the Earth is flat.
I found out somewhat recently that I know a flat earther. He's either actually convinced it's true or he's hella good at trolling. Lol. Unfortunately anything from NASA is just the government giving us fake images to them... "We just want photos of the globe from space!" [Shows them photos from NASA] "No not THOSE photos, sheep..."

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
I found out somewhat recently that I know a flat earther. He's either actually convinced it's true or he's hella good at trolling. Lol. Unfortunately anything from NASA is just the government giving us fake images to them... "We just want photos of the globe from space!" [Shows them photos from NASA] "No not THOSE photos, sheep..."
They’re dead serious too.

Never mind the formula for gravity needing radius squared.

Or that artillery adjusted for curvature.

Or watching a ship disappear on the horizon laying down only to stand up and see it again.

They love talking about the dome overhead that makes booster rockets stop working and fall back to earth ( which means gravity ) but don’t tell them that part.

It’s the 2 different shadows in two different regions that I love hearing them explain.

I tried showing a video of astronauts in the space station releasing grains of rice one at a time. Two attract. Then they attract a third grain and so on until all the grains are in one group. And behold, they form a sphere.

Imagine my surprise when the counter argument was that nasa is fake.

Can’t argue with that.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
They’re dead serious too.

Never mind the formula for gravity needing radius squared.

Or that artillery adjusted for curvature.

Or watching a ship disappear on the horizon laying down only to stand up and see it again.

They love talking about the dome overhead that makes booster rockets stop working and fall back to earth ( which means gravity ) but don’t tell them that part.

It’s the 2 different shadows in two different regions that I love hearing them explain.

I tried showing a video of astronauts in the space station releasing grains of rice one at a time. Two attract. Then they attract a third grain and so on until all the grains are in one group. And behold, they form a sphere.

Imagine my surprise when the counter argument was that nasa is fake.

Can’t argue with that.
They usually like to counter gravity with buoyancy (which is hilarious since gravity is part of the buoyancy equation) and relative density causing things to fall. They never seem to answer why things fall DOWN though. Why not left or right or up? If a ball is more dense than the air around it, what makes it travel downward?