The Rudolph Saga … What Happens Next?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa
Antwine, Stoner, Brailford, Tay Martin all got signed to practice squads. As did other former Cowboys Madre Harper and Arlington Hambright.

Feb 25, 2008
There is a league minimum for players including practice squad players salary in the $350,000 range.
https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/heres-how-much-money-nfl-practice-squad-players-make

Players with two or fewer accrued NFL seasons earn at least $11,500 per week, which equals $207,000 for 18 weeks spent on the practice squad. (A player accrues a season when they are on full-time pay status for at least six regular-season games). Players with two or more accrued seasons make a minimum of $15,400 per week and $277,200 for the whole season. For comparison, the minimum salary for a rookie on an active roster this season is $705,000.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/heres-how-much-money-nfl-practice-squad-players-make

Players with two or fewer accrued NFL seasons earn at least $11,500 per week, which equals $207,000 for 18 weeks spent on the practice squad. (A player accrues a season when they are on full-time pay status for at least six regular-season games). Players with two or more accrued seasons make a minimum of $15,400 per week and $277,200 for the whole season. For comparison, the minimum salary for a rookie on an active roster this season is $705,000.
Wow… amazing how much money these players are making. Thanks for looking this up. An Antwine quote from a popular radio figure said he would make close to $345,000 as a practice player with Jacksonville.

Aug 2, 2011
There is nothing wrong with making a career in the NFL as a backup
No shame at all

There are only 32 QBs in the World that get to start in the NFL

You suck at life because you arent one of the best 32 at something in the World!

No! I would say Mason is better at QB than most of us are at our jobs

Nov 12, 2007
Tulsa, Okla.
There is nothing wrong with making a career in the NFL as a backup
No shame at all

There are only 32 QBs in the World that get to start in the NFL

You suck at life because you arent one of the best 32 at something in the World!

No! I would say Mason is better at QB than most of us are at our jobs
Being a career backup QB is one the best jobs in the world. You make millions and millions of dollars and don't get your head beat in. Ask Chase Daniel. ;)

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Dak Prescott injured today and may be out most of season with a hand or wrist injury requiring surgery and they only have Cooper Rush as a backup. Maybe Jerry will give Rudolph a look to fill in until Zak is back.

Steelers TJ Watt, LB may have torn a Pec muscle and they may need a LB so they could be motivated to trade Rudolph for a Cowboys back up LB.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021
Northern California
Seems pretty clear the offensive problems in Pittsburgh are extensive despite the win. 75 yards rushing on 22 attempts with WR being top rusher. Passing under 200 yards on 38 attempts. Had 3 drives over 20 years in 4 quarters. 6 drives with less than 20 yards. I excluded 2 drives (end of half and end of game) as they were 1 play kneel downs.

Jul 31, 2008
Seems pretty clear the offensive problems in Pittsburgh are extensive despite the win. 75 yards rushing on 22 attempts with WR being top rusher. Passing under 200 yards on 38 attempts. Had 3 drives over 20 years in 4 quarters. 6 drives with less than 20 yards. I excluded 2 drives (end of half and end of game) as they were 1 play kneel downs.
That's pretty good time of possession right there !!!!

Sep 22, 2010
Allen, TX
Dak Prescott injured today and may be out most of season with a hand or wrist injury requiring surgery and they only have Cooper Rush as a backup. Maybe Jerry will give Rudolph a look to fill in until Zak is back.
I would love to see Mason get a chance somewhere. But, damn, that Dallas OL looks bad, which is why Dak got hurt in the first place.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
I would love to see Mason get a chance somewhere. But, damn, that Dallas OL looks bad, which is why Dak got hurt in the first place.
Well GM Jerry left the cupboard super thin on the OL front. Relying on Tyron Smith to be healthy all year he let Connor Williams sign with Miami after cutting La'el Collins. Since Tyron Smith is out for who knows how long, maybe forever.

Aug 25, 2009
Would Cowboys bring in three qb for a tryout? Chiefs had six kickers in for a tryout yesterday due to Butker’s injury and signed one of them.
I liked Rudolph at OSU but even with his limited time playing in the NFL he just doesn’t have it to be a starter and carry a team. I think you would be more likely to see Dallas go after Garopollo. I don’t see a team trading and laying top tier money for Rudolph anymore.