The OU conundrum for this weekend

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Kansas State passed over him when they had the chance. Personally I think that says alot.
Why on earth would you go from coaching at Clemson to a program like Kansas State?

It’s stupid you actually believe this. Just because he was under Bill Snyder for a brief time doesn’t mean Venables is gonna go coach there when offered the opportunity. Hell he turned down Auburn. Why would he jump at the opportunity for Kansas State of all places?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Still good enough pass the norman crew this year. But, I see how the past is holding you up. Maybe the new guy can get you to 3rd place again next year.
The past? You mean last year?

Congrats on the 19th bedlam win and all. But the showing you guys put on in the Big 12 championship game was absolutely abysmal. Abysmal.

You had an opportunity to go and do something and choked all four quarters. I’m glad you guys found a way to be happy with that. That tells you the mindset you have to be in to be where you guys are at. It was an absolute failure of a season.

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009

Congrats on the 19th bedlam win and all. But the showing you guys put on in the Big 12 championship game was absolutely abysmal. Abysmal.

You had an opportunity to go and do something and choked all four quarters. I’m glad you guys found a way to be happy with that. That tells you the mindset you have to be in to be where you guys are at. It was an absolute failure of a season.

If our season was an absolute failure and you lost to us and din't make the CCG, lost the coaching staff, players and recruits, what does that say about your season? Plus ou had the chance to take that (and I quote Brent Venables here) Rolls Royce program to new heights and got BV as their head coach, what's that tell you? Maybe your Rolls is an old inefficient status symbol.

Crap, think of it, we beat you this year with players you passed on. Wow, that has to really suck.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.

#scoreboard

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
God, you guys will convince yourselves of anything.

Congrats on winning the game you rarely ever win. And congrats on finding the rare silver lining Gundy will afford you even it did end on eventual failure.

I’m glad that’s good enough for you. The failure is so engrained you can’t realize it when you fall on your faces.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Still good enough pass the norman crew this year. But, I see how the past is holding you up. Maybe the new guy can get you to 3rd place again next year.

Hey it’s only human to look for The silver lining In The gut wrenching soul destroying losses

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Why is it weird to think you Sooners that come over here to tout your football superiority aren’t overly invested.
We have highs and lows just like anybody else. You can’t win every game. We know this.

We just typically get to win more than the other guys are used to winning. And that’s fun to rub in other peoples faces.

At the end of the day, it’s just football. And it doesn’t really matter. Life goes on, yada yada yada. But it’s fun to talk crap. It’s even better when you have the high ground a majority of the time.

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
We have highs and lows just like anybody else. You can’t win every game. We know this.

We just typically get to win more than the other guys are used to winning. And that’s fun to rub in other peoples faces.

At the end of the day, it’s just football. And it doesn’t really matter. Life goes on, yada yada yada. But it’s fun to talk crap. It’s even better when you have the high ground a majority of the time.

Fair enough. Looks like both schools are going through some turmoil this year

Jul 22, 2021
Tulsa
If our season was an absolute failure and you lost to us and din't make the CCG, lost the coaching staff, players and recruits, what does that say about your season? Plus ou had the chance to take that (and I quote Brent Venables here) Rolls Royce program to new heights and got BV as their head coach, what's that tell you? Maybe your Rolls is an old inefficient status symbol.

Crap, think of it, we beat you this year with players you passed on. Wow, that has to really suck.
HAHA. We went 10-2 and most fans think it was an absolute failure and feel like it was our worst season since 2015. Would've been the same if we'd lost in championship game.

If you don't think Brent Venables with Lebby at OC were a good hire... then good luck lol. There's a reason everyone around the program is happy with the hire and that some in the media are questing whether this is actually an upgrade over Lincoln and Grinch. At least you won't have to play us anymore after next year lol.

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
HAHA. We went 10-2 and most fans think it was an absolute failure and feel like it was our worst season since 2015. Would've been the same if we'd lost in championship game.

If you don't think Brent Venables with Lebby at OC were a good hire... then good luck lol. There's a reason everyone around the program is happy with the hire and that some in the media are questing whether this is actually an upgrade over Lincoln and Grinch. At least you won't have to play us anymore after next year lol.
Well in all fairness, Lebby wasn't hired at the time. Plus if you can overlook things, yes Lebby is a good hire. Venables is a large ??? as a head coach.

Sep 26, 2009
Both teams will have something to prove next year. OSU will be replacing a successful DC and very talented senior class. OU will be implementing a new offense/defense and trying to salvage what had been a #1 rated recruiting class, in addition to current player defections. It will be a busy off-season for everyone!!

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Both teams will have something to prove next year. OSU will be replacing a successful DC and very talented senior class. OU will be implementing a new offense/defense and trying to salvage what had been a #1 rated recruiting class, in addition to current player defections. It will be a busy off-season for everyone!!
IIRC, 8 seniors are returning on defense thanks to the covid shirt.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Hey it’s only human to look for The silver lining In The gut wrenching soul destroying losses
If you have a gut wrenching soul destroying loss, sure. I don't elevate a football game to that status.
Neither does gundy or your fan base. Prob why they’ll always be pretty much what they have been over the last half century. Which is totally fine really. Let the goons do all that for you.

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Neither does gundy or your fan base. Prob why they’ll always be pretty much what they have been over the last half century. Which is totally fine really. Let the goons do all that for you.
We all have our own personal lives to live. I'll gladly let the goon fans live and die by ou football. I find it extremely comical.

I didn't realize having the emotional stabiliy of a scorned preteen girl was what winning football was all about. Man, you definitely have the fans in place for a multi-year championship run. Probably hired the right head coach then too.