The OU conundrum for this weekend

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa
So I am looking at the OU message board and they have a thread going about who they want to see win our game this weekend. It’s about 75/25 for us winning because they hate UT that much. But it’s funny that all the people that want us to lose is not because we are a rival but because our fans our so annoying and that they would rather see OU lose than OSU win. I have never met any fans like that in 30+ years but I am sure they exist.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Well, it's better for the conference if texas is the #2 team. But i dont care, and since they already lost 2 games they arent all that relevant now. and since lil bro has a 0 in the L column, I say lets just kick that texas horse while it's down and hope for an epic (potentially final for a while) bedlam battle between two top 10 teams. But mostly I feel that way because I want to increase OU's chances for a quality W to impress the CFP committee

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I personally hope y’all are undefeated when Oklahoma beats you this year. Whatever makes you higher ranked.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How unoriginal. It's not good for the Big XII if whorn nation is 2nd, its not good for the Big XII if the people's republic of Norman is celebrating either. The traitors need to go down.

Last edited:

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
So I am looking at the OU message board and they have a thread going about who they want to see win our game this weekend. It’s about 75/25 for us winning because they hate UT that much. But it’s funny that all the people that want us to lose is not because we are a rival but because our fans our so annoying and that they would rather see OU lose than OSU win. I have never met any fans like that in 30+ years but I am sure they exist.
Oh the irony. LOL, ou fans calling another fan base annoying is like the Taliban calling someone a terrorist.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
How’s that for a nice piece of irony? The two teams leaving were the only teams that made the conference remotely relevant to anyone who isn’t a fan of those 10 teams. And they are acting like they can’t wait to get rid of us? LOL. Why in such a hurry to be a mid major?
You know as well as I do that OSU will never be a mid major. Why even bore us with that b.s.?

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
How’s that for a nice piece of irony? The two teams leaving were the only teams that made the conference remotely relevant to anyone who isn’t a fan of those 10 teams. And they are acting like they can’t wait to get rid of us? LOL. Why in such a hurry to be a mid major?
You know as well as I do that OSU will never be a mid major. Why even bore us with that b.s.?
They aren’t right now but they will be with the new big 12. Why would you think it wouldn’t be a mid major? OSU would be the biggest baddest most known program in that conference. So if Stillwater State is the biggest program, how could the conference be anything other than a mid major?

I mean, just look at the TV ratings. The big 12 without Oklahoma or Texas involved averaged about the same average viewership ratings as the AAC over the last 5 years.

Last 2 seasons…

Avg. Viewership of regular season games that include Oklahoma or Texas: 3.5M

Avg. Viewership of regular season games that include any other Big 12 team: 892K

Oklahoma and Texas get 297% more viewers per regular season game.

That’s going to have an impact on their ability to negotiate these tv deals with the networks. Affects their earnings. Pretty good chance everyone’s getting a pay cut. Money drives everything, and affects the quality of everything- facilities, benefits, coaches and ability to recruit.

But, it’ll be the best mid major. And probably even get a playoff spot.

Last edited:

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
They aren’t right now but they will be with the new big 12. Why would you think it wouldn’t be a mid major? OSU would be the biggest baddest most known program in that conference. So if Stillwater State is the biggest program, how could the conference be anything other than a mid major?

I mean, just look at the TV ratings. The big 12 without Oklahoma or Texas involved averaged about the same average viewership ratings as the AAC over the last 5 years.

Last 2 seasons…

Avg. Viewership of regular season games that include Oklahoma or Texas: 3.5M

Avg. Viewership of regular season games that include any other Big 12 team: 892K

Oklahoma and Texas get 297% more viewers per regular season game.

That’s going to have an impact on their ability to negotiate these tv deals with the networks. Affects their earnings. Pretty good chance everyone’s getting a pay cut. Money drives everything, and affects the quality of everything- facilities, benefits, coaches and ability to recruit.

But, it’ll be the best mid major. And probably even get a playoff spot.
Well it is better to win than be .500

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I personally hope y’all are undefeated when Oklahoma beats you this year. Whatever makes you higher ranked.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
no offense but I hope you guys have four losses when you limp in to stilly and we send you home tail between the legs like hasn’t happened since 2011.

OctaviusRexLTH

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama
Yep, better for the conference when the most value program in country is good. You cant have just one consistent big time team in a major conference. I mean, you can, but, you end up looking like the acc with only 1 team that has that juice. And it's even worse when that 1 good team is having a down year, 2014 comes to mind. Where two other 11-1 teams who both beat OU didnt get to the playoff.
I’d agree if Texas wasn’t a big bloated tumor on every conference they’ve ever been in. Hope they become Tennessee in the SEC