The Ocasio-Cortez Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
So based on other political figures, she should be somewhere in the $10-15+MM range.
Well (as of about a year ago) USA Today thought she could actually be in the negative. LOLOLLLOLLL :lol::derp:

"After that report, the Center for Responsive Politics’ OpenSecrets.org ranked Ocasio-Cortez as one of the poorest members of Congress, where more than half of members have a net worth of at least $1 million.

The congresswoman filed her next financial disclosure in September 2020. By then, she reported that the same three accounts held between $2,003 and $31,000 and that her student loan debt remained the same at between $15,001 and $50,000.

Based on the $19,000 in student loan debt Ocasio-Cortez said she had in September 2019, she could be in the hole to the tune of nearly $17,000. Or her she could be worth up to $12,000."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...a-ocasio-cortez-net-worth-not-1-m/6924378002/

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Biden was spewing the same sort of garbage during the campaign. He was spewing distrust of the vaccine!!!

"The way he (Trump) talks about the vaccine is not particularly rational. He’s talking about it being ready, he’s going to talk about moving it quicker than the scientists think it should be moved … . People don’t believe that he’s telling the truth, therefore they’re not at all certain they’re going to take the vaccine. And one more thing: If and when the vaccine comes, it’s not likely to go through all the tests that need to be done, and the trials that are needed to be done."

He's since walked that back and complimented Trumps actions on the vaccine...

"Let me be clear. Thanks to the prior administration and our scientific community, America was one of the first countries to get the vaccine," Biden said.

You can put Biden in the same camp as AOC!
Biden and Harris could have been clearer, but they weren't necessarily distrustful of the vaccine. They were distrustful of Trump trying to hurry the vaccine to be rolled out before the election (October, IIRC).
https://www.politifact.com/factchec...harris-doubted-trump-covid-19-vaccines-not-v/

Once the timeline of the vaccines was clarified by experts, I don't think they showed any concerns. If that is not the case, feel free to let me know.

I know that was off-topic, so carry on with roasting AOC.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Biden and Harris could have been clearer, but they weren't necessarily distrustful of the vaccine. They were distrustful of Trump trying to hurry the vaccine to be rolled out before the election (October, IIRC).
https://www.politifact.com/factchec...harris-doubted-trump-covid-19-vaccines-not-v/

Once the timeline of the vaccines was clarified by experts, I don't think they showed any concerns. If that is not the case, feel free to let me know.

I know that was off-topic, so carry on with roasting AOC.
You think no skepticism was born out of their voiced skepticism?

Given human nature, that kind of flies in the face of reality.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
You think no skepticism was born out of their voiced skepticism?

Given human nature, that kind of flies in the face of reality.
Like I said, their messaging could have been better. I’m not a fan of theirs, but I always read this as them not liking how Trump was pushing to have the vaccines roll out several months before any of the experts thought was safe.

There are plenty of other points of criticism that can be laid at their feet, but the antivax movement had little—if anything—to do with them. It’s pretty silly to argue otherwise, but leave it to @Cimarron to do so.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Like I said, their messaging could have been better. I’m not a fan of theirs, but I always read this as them not liking how Trump was pushing to have the vaccines roll out several months before any of the experts thought was safe.

There are plenty of other points of criticism that can be laid at their feet, but the antivax movement had little—if anything—to do with them. It’s pretty silly to argue otherwise, but leave it to @Cimarron to do so.
Leftists did a complete 180 on Inauguration Day. I work with, around and for them.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Leftists did a complete 180 on Inauguration Day. I work with, around and for them.
Sorry, but I can’t take your anecdotal observations too seriously. Your track record hasn’t been stellar. I don’t think those statements by Biden and Harris had any notable effect on vaccine hesitancy. At all. I’ve seen no evidence of it.