The Ocasio-Cortez Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
But Yuca grows in tropical regions. You are less likely to find those in America. And growing would take a lot more water than other root vegetables wouldn't it? How green is that?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
we're all doomed... AOC is now making points with oks10.

mark this day on your calendar's as the exact turning point of our literal existence.
I didn't give her a point for being right, just that Yuca (pronounced yooka) is a real thing... lol

Pokit N

Cashing Checks & Snapping Necks!
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
South Elgin, IL
But Yuca grows in tropical regions. You are less likely to find those in America. And growing would take a lot more water than other root vegetables wouldn't it? How green is that?

Dude, the GND is not about being green...It's about ushering in full fledged communism in the US.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Yuca, or cassava, is a major staple food in the developing world, providing a basic diet for over half a billion people. It is one of the most drought-tolerant crops, capable of growing on marginal soils. Here in the US, the name “tapioca” most often refers to the starch made from the yuca root.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Dude, the GND is not about being green...It's about ushering in full fledged communism in the US.
Sorry, forgot my sarcasm note

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
"Weather isn't climate" except when we say it is.

‘This is crazy’: AOC says ‘casual tornadoes’ are a new threat to the country
by John Gage
| May 23, 2019 06:43 PM

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said tornadoes are the latest climate change threat after a tornado warning was issued for Washington, D.C.

“There's people stuck outside. We need to get them out,” the New York Democrat said Thursday in an Instagram video after the city was placed under a tornado warning. “This is crazy.”

After her brief video, Ocasio-Cortez discussed how tornadoes were part of the threat of climate change.

“The climate crisis is real y’all,” she said. “Guess we’re at casual tornadoes in growing regions of the country?”

“Other regions deal with wildfires, tornadoes, droughts, etc. But ALL of these threats will be increasing in intensity as climate crisis grows and we fail to act appropriately,” she said.

This month, Ocasio-Cortez held a rally with Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., where she said there should be “no middle ground” on climate change legislation.

"I will be damned if the same politicians who refused to act then are going to come back today and say we need a 'middle-of-the-road' approach to save our lives,” she said.

In February, Ocasio-Cortez released the Green New Deal resolution, which called for the federal government to take drastic measures to combat climate change. The resolution was slammed as impractical by Republicans and moderate Democrats.