The Most Dangerous Superstition

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
https://youtu.be/rUKsE1KIeH4

12 minutes of yada yada yada. It’s a lot. I never post videos like these either. Usually something quirky like bears riding in cars. This guy somehow summed up all 15 years of my posting evolution here.

@RxCowboy quoted a book “The Banality of Evil”. Which was about people’s willingness to do unthinkable things as if they were normal. IE Holocaust victims obediently running to their graves. I had to go get this book. But the answer wasn’t there. Ever wonder why on an open highway people bunch up? Sit near others in a theatre? Start whistling when they hear someone else whistle? Or why 1000’s of our prisoners allow themselves to be guarded by 10’s? Why you get an uneasy feeling with red and blue lights in the mirror, even when you’ve done nothing wrong.
Then 12 minutes is a small price to pay. Little food for a lot of thought.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
@RxCowboy quoted a book “The Banality of Evil”. Which was about people’s willingness to do unthinkable things as if they were normal. IE Holocaust victims obediently running to their graves. I had to go get this book. But the answer wasn’t there.
I'm not sure what answer you were looking for in The Banality of Evil, but the answer as to why Holocaust victims went willingly to their graves was because they were dehumanized to the point that they no longer saw themselves as human. And that point is definitely in the book.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
I'm not sure what answer you were looking for in The Banality of Evil, but the answer as to why Holocaust victims went willingly to their graves was because they were dehumanized to the point that they no longer saw themselves as human. And that point is definitely in the book.
That was the answer to the first question but it didn’t answer the “why” did they allow the dehumanizing in the first place? The answer lies in the conditioning that’s placed on all of us from the minute we comprehend. All that conditioning, some good, some evil some meh. Why would supposed free people allow themselves to be locked down? Why we would allow a rule that says you can’t drink that till so and so age? Why smile at someone when they smile first? Why do you reach out when a stranger hands something to you? Here’s a great one, why would thousands of declared criminals obey just a handful of jailers? After all, they’re in prison for going against the rules? Hard to understand why that even exists today.

Just like the other thread, that if you voted Trump, then you’re still responsible for the Afghanistan disaster. Why? You accepted this system of rule by agreeing to vote. If this system of rule did not exist, Afghanistan wouldn’t be a problem.

The original idea for this country was great. True freedom with limited government. But then borders need protection. Coins to be minted. Mail to deliver. Foreign governments to deal with. But somehow, now we know how, more and more rules. What would they have thought of using the threats violence against plant drinkers and smokers or against those that can’t afford their taxes? And taxes? Wtf? It was supposed to be enough to make due on tariffs and light fees for government services.

Americans literally don’t care about whatever their conditioning doesn’t allow. Heroin addict ODs? Good riddance. Volunteer soldier dies in combat? Big deal. Gay man beaten death? He deserved it. Woman beaten by a man? She must’ve said something. All of those example were taken from recent years the past few decades where a trusted media pundit laid the framework for conditioning. Can you hear Rush Limbaugh in there? How about Bill Maher? And that’s free speech but the people that are listening are listening because that’s their conditioning.

Did you give your consent to go to war in Afghanistan? Did you give your consent to get out? Did you give consent to do it this way? The argument could be made that we all did.

Is it not possible to live in peace with each other? Someone is very determined against it, and the conditioned are lining up against each other. Antifa-Proud Boys. BLM-Police. This is in every part of our lives. Even something so petty as a sports rivalry.

It’s very confusing to understand because some of the conditioning is hard to overcome. Like when he said the part about not paying taxes. What feeling did that make you feel? I felt the heresy. I felt criminal agreeing with it. It was just like going against a religion. Actually, exactly like that.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Here’s a great lesson in conditioning. It seems to be a universal one too. Criticizing others mistakes. They way we go about it. Just doesn’t work. We love the attention we get pointing out others flaws. Any Dan Marino fans out there? Ever watch how he corrected mistakes of his teammates?

Girl laughed when teacher wrote a wrong answer on the board

Sarthak Parajulee

A teacher gives a valuable life lesson to his students by committing a simple mistake by himself. The students might have laughed at him, but they will never forget the lesson.
Once there was a school teacher, who was teaching multiplication to his students. To give them more clarity on the subject, he wrote the multiplication table of the number “nine” on the board.
He wrote the multiplication in the following manner:
9×1=7
9×2=18
9×3=27
9×4=36
9×5=45
9×6=54
9×7=63
9×8=72
9×9=81
9×10=90

Quite obviously, he wrote the first equation of the multiplication table wrong. Although he was right every other time, he found the students behind him to be laughing.
He asked about it to one of the girls, who sat at the first row and was laughing the hardest, “What is it? Why are you laughing?”

Unable to stop her laughter, she answered hysterically, “Teacher, you’ve got the first equation completely wrong. How can ‘nine times one’ ever be seven?”
When the teacher heard this, he wasn’t angry at the girl. He calmly smiled at her and said, “Yes, you are right.”
He then turned his attention to the entire class. “You are all right to laugh. But herein lies a great lesson.”

The class went silent as soon as he said this. “I wrote that first equation wrong on purpose because I wanted you to learn something absolutely important,” he continued, “a crucial lesson you will always need in life.”

He then added, “I wrote the equation wrong because I wanted you to know how the world out there will treat you.”
The teacher further explained that he had done the remaining equations correctly but not one student appreciated those that were right. They only noticed what went wrong and mocked it.

The world will never appreciate the good you do a million times, but will criticize the one wrong thing you do,” he stressed.
Finally, the teacher encouraged his students to not be disappointed because of this. Rather, he encouraged them to rise above all the ridicule and criticism and work on what they want to do.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
No one finds that weird? The whole separation of church and state is basically stating that the 2 are close on the same level of authority. Both in the same wheelhouse. And it was accepted. It was accepted by the religious for they must obey the laws of the land. It was accepted by the non religious because they don’t recognize any Gods authority over them, but willing to accept another humans authority over them. It never even occurred to me once. Why do we accept another persons authority over us? Even more in particular, why do we continue to accept leadership on the federal level that only 20% of Americans can agree with at any given time?

Folks like me having been pointing out the duality of the one party that rules us while simultaneously pretending to be two parties. Others have shown us their emails. Their conversations in private. The whistleblowers. Corporation status. Laws against lawmaker accountability.

And yet, we’re willing to change, we’re willing to change the other side. Just not our side. Our only hope is for each and everyone of us to do better by ourselves than we did the day before. Control what we can and try to lead by examples of compassion and common sense. It will only work, however, if everyone does it. Uphill battle.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
That was the answer to the first question but it didn’t answer the “why” did they allow the dehumanizing in the first place? The answer lies in the conditioning that’s placed on all of us from the minute we comprehend.
I think guns had more to do with it than conditioning. Hard not to move into the ghetto if the choice is between moving into the ghetto or getting shot.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
The Nazi Party used populist antisemitic views to gain votes. Using the "stab-in-the-back legend", they blamed poverty, the Hyperinflation in the Weimar Republic, unemployment, and the loss of World War I and surrender by the "November Criminals" all on the Jews and "cultural Bolsheviks", the latter considered to be in a conspiracy with the Jews. German woes were attributed to the effects of the Treaty of Versailles. In 1933, persecution of the Jews became active Nazi policy. This was at first hindered by the lack of agreement on who qualified as a Jew as opposed to an Aryan; this caused legislators to balk at an antisemitic law for its ill-defined terms.

wiki

The writing was on the wall a full decade in advance. There’s some sort of denial system at play. In all of these cases.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
There’s a lot of conditioning that is useful and at times, funny. Turns out, people do want to do favors as long as you phrase it “Will you do me a favor?”
I had to try this. Several times at the mall. If a stranger hands you something (as long as it’s not a flyer ) you most likely will take it.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Not at all sure what point you are trying to make. Sure, the antisemitism was growing in Germany well before the Nazis took power. But it's difficult to subjugate on that level without power.

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask
The point that even when people knew things were turning badly and the elite and academia were running away, they held on to hope and denial. The conditioning that humans would never do what they’re saying they will do. The conditioning to obey authority even when it tells you to lay down and be shot. The conditioning that ‘yes’, I should accept someone else’s will above my own and ( the kicker) the will of my God, is the point.

By making the statement that “church and state should be separate” already infers that they both hold some sorts of equality or common denominator. That both the church and state should be allowed to rule me, just not together simultaneously. THAT IM INCAPABLE OF RULING MYSELF, is the unwritten message here. And just like that, we all consented without even a thought.

The numbers aren’t even close. The most dangerous superstition isn’t religion. It isn’t a cabal, ( who can blame them? ) or the Illuminati. It’s not a small country in the Middle East. The most dangerous superstition is the belief that we must be governed.