The Market Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 6, 2010
So I'm a believer in the if not when scenario for Boeing, and I was checking out at Kroger just now. Guess what the lady said to me when she handed me my receipt??? You saved 737 today. Tell me that's not a strong buy signal!!!

Sep 6, 2012
nunya
Second straight 0.75 bump. Most aggressive move taken by the Feds in 30 years
These bumps are killing small business. Were the rates low? yes. The bad call saying that the inflation was transitory was a huge mistake, and interest rates should have been raised at that time. It got out of hand and now we have 4 hikes at 3 percent. Small business has had to absorb or pass on those hikes to consumers with also the increase in fuel and inflation in general. Meanwhile big business is just laughing at us screaming about inflation. It is all just a pass through for corporations.

For context: Most small business use SBA loans. SBA loans are adjustable rates. Big business they have funding access that we do not. Plus, all the free money thrown at big business with tax incentives.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
These bumps are killing small business. Were the rates low? yes. The bad call saying that the inflation was transitory was a huge mistake, and interest rates should have been raised at that time. It got out of hand and now we have 4 hikes at 3 percent. Small business has had to absorb or pass on those hikes to consumers with also the increase in fuel and inflation in general. Meanwhile big business is just laughing at us screaming about inflation. It is all just a pass through for corporations.

For context: Most small business use SBA loans. SBA loans are adjustable rates. Big business they have funding access that we do not. Plus, all the free money thrown at big business with tax incentives.
Add to this that small business suffered/was negatively impacted much more from not too recent covid shutdowns than big chain business. :(

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor

It is frightening. I bought a sprayer last year at 0% and bought a tractor a week ago at 4%, that really hurts. The incredible cost of inputs is awful. At this rate the greenies don't need to worry about people actually using fertilizers, we can't afford to use it.

Sep 6, 2012
nunya
It is frightening. I bought a sprayer last year at 0% and bought a tractor a week ago at 4%, that really hurts. The incredible cost of inputs is awful. At this rate the greenies don't need to worry about people actually using fertilizers, we can't afford to use it.
Yes sir, my loan payment went up 4k / month with all the rate increases

Nov 6, 2010

This is surprising to me, are there really no fixed rate options?? If not, that seems like something that could/should be addressed, and I can't see either political party being against it.

Sep 6, 2012
nunya
This is surprising to me, are there really no fixed rate options?? If not, that seems like something that could/should be addressed, and I can't see either political party being against it.
There is but it is for real estate purchases. A sba 7a loan, like what I have are business loans that have all the assets under one payment. You can make adjustments with the loan, like asset swaps and what not.

for example , I have real estate, trucks, other equipment all on one loan.

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Energy Transfer posts some great earnings. Beat on revenue by $5.6B, up 71% yoy. They plan on increasing the dividend to $1.20/share over the next few quarters which would put the yield at over 10% at current prices.
I’ve own them for years because of the dividends. They looked like crap during the Covid era tech boom but now have been a good counter to my tech losses.