The Market Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
The one sneaky thing about WFH that I noticed is that I actually worked more hours than I did at the office. I would check on things more and find myself wasting a an hour or two. When I leave the office I am generally done for the day.

Yet another article about possible job futures..

https://www.theregister.com/2021/06/14/covid_careers/
Same. Which is exactly why it doesn't make sense to me for them to decide we need to be back 100% in office. They were getting more work out of me while paying me the same (salaried) and in exchange I was able to have a little flexibility in how I worked those hours, saved $50/wk in gas and then instead of having to drive 45min home and immediately feed my kid and put them to bed, I was able to actually play with them before dinner.

Plus I have a WAY better coffee setup at home than I do at work... lol

Oct 30, 2007
It sounds like interest rate hikes are still a ways off, but the Fed will start discussing the tapering of asset purchases.

1623934997553.png

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2010
For a long shot/long play, take a look at NIOBF. They are working towards getting the first rare earth mineral mine up and running in the US. Have all the permits, land, etc, just need funding (i know, just), but they've been steadily making progress, and seem to be committed to making it happen. The officers all recently exercised their options, which immediately caused the stock to double.

https://www.niocorp.com/
Nice, that could be worth tossing a small speculative sum at to start!
Nice little move the last few days. Not sure what is driving it, I can't find any major announcements, but up 35%.

Oct 30, 2007
Monthly inflation was higher than expected again. It will be interesting to see if Powell and the Fed will be forced to move up their timeline for raising rates.

Inflation climbs higher than expected in June as price index rises 5.4%
The consumer price index increased 5.4% from a year earlier, the largest jump since August 2008, just before the worst of the financial crisis. Economists surveyed by Dow Jones had been expecting a 5% gain.

Stripping out volatile food and energy prices, the core CPI rose 4.5%, the sharpest move for that measure since September 1991 and well above the estimate of 3.8%.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Monthly inflation was higher than expected again. It will be interesting to see if Powell and the Fed will be forced to move up their timeline for raising rates.

Inflation climbs higher than expected in June as price index rises 5.4%
The consumer price index increased 5.4% from a year earlier, the largest jump since August 2008, just before the worst of the financial crisis. Economists surveyed by Dow Jones had been expecting a 5% gain.

Stripping out volatile food and energy prices, the core CPI rose 4.5%, the sharpest move for that measure since September 1991 and well above the estimate of 3.8%.
They fear doing what everyone knows they have to do.