The Market Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

H2Orange

Sitting on the Group W bench
A/V Subscriber
Nov 17, 2007
Edmond
Copper...copper is the future. Well at least for the near future. Expecting demand to outstrip supply and excess inventories. We all know what happens when demand exceeds supply.

I feel like the guy giving Dustin Hoffman advice in the Graduate.

Throw me a bone here. Something specific.

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Looks like they have already run a ton this year, but I guess just about everything has.
They have. The demand for copper will start to outstrip supply. Think of the copper needed for the EV Revolution and you don’t have to speculate on which companies will survive.

Nov 6, 2010
They have. The demand for copper will start to outstrip supply. Think of the copper needed for the EV Revolution and you don’t have to speculate on which companies will survive.
Was reading the same thing about lithium earlier today. Only 1 mine in the US from what I read.

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Was reading the same thing about lithium earlier today. Only 1 mine in the US from what I read.
I haven't looked that much into lithium. I know most is mined where they can avoid environmental issues so, that surprises me that there is mining in the US.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
My well timed discounted employee stock purchases are paying off. I just checked my account for the first time in a while and I'm at 40% total gain. Our shares are still half of what they were before the market tanked. I stopped buying when it looked like it was starting to pick back up, that way the only way I'll lose money is if it tanks even harder.

Nov 6, 2010
MT is the one I've been eyeing but I'll take a look at VALE.
For a long shot/long play, take a look at NIOBF. They are working towards getting the first rare earth mineral mine up and running in the US. Have all the permits, land, etc, just need funding (i know, just), but they've been steadily making progress, and seem to be committed to making it happen. The officers all recently exercised their options, which immediately caused the stock to double.

https://www.niocorp.com/

Oct 7, 2008
For a long shot/long play, take a look at NIOBF. They are working towards getting the first rare earth mineral mine up and running in the US. Have all the permits, land, etc, just need funding (i know, just), but they've been steadily making progress, and seem to be committed to making it happen. The officers all recently exercised their options, which immediately caused the stock to double.

https://www.niocorp.com/
Nice, that could be worth tossing a small speculative sum at to start!

Oct 7, 2008
I need the tech sell-off to stop, please. Thank you.
Nasdaq didn't dip below that 12,500 mark it hit last time it tanked. We'll see if it gets rejected big time at the 14,000 mark again. Seems like Dikembe Mutombo up there swatting it down every time.

Also all these huge growth and meme stocks have been having 10-15% up days after getting absolutely demolished the last few months. Guess we'll see if they've bottomed out or just bouncing a bit before heading back down.