The Market Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 4, 2014
Dallas, TX
Yeah, that was pretty decent bump this morning! Unfortunately I've only started investing in it so not much impact for me other than not getting as much BTC out of my next buy. lol.
Not to worry my friend. BTC still has plenty of gains to make. I haven't diversified across other crypto assets, but am interested in Polkadot and Ethereum. Lots of crypto projects are build off of those platforms. I've mainly stayed in BTC because of the built in scarcity.

The more money Biden prints, the better for Bitcoin and DeFi.

I follow Matthew Kratter pretty closely. He is super knowledgeable about the space for anyone looking to get more info on the cyrpto space. His background is quite extensive and provides good insight on macro trends, not just the latest twitter buzz.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/03/apple-and-hyundai-kia-driving-towards-deal-on-apple-car.html

After years of speculation that it will eventually get into the auto business with its own vehicle, Apple is close to finalizing a deal with Hyundai-Kia to manufacture an Apple-branded autonomous electric vehicle at the Kia assembly plant in West Point, Georgia according to multiple sources who briefed CNBC on the plan.

The so-called “Apple Car,” which is being developed by a team at Apple, is tentatively scheduled to go into production in 2024, though people familiar with the talks between Apple and Hyundai-Kia say the eventual rollout could be pushed back.

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
At this point I can only hope that Joe Granville's ghost appears to me in a fever dream to advise me to sell before a market crash.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Not to worry my friend. BTC still has plenty of gains to make. I haven't diversified across other crypto assets, but am interested in Polkadot and Ethereum. Lots of crypto projects are build off of those platforms. I've mainly stayed in BTC because of the built in scarcity.

The more money Biden prints, the better for Bitcoin and DeFi.

I follow Matthew Kratter pretty closely. He is super knowledgeable about the space for anyone looking to get more info on the cyrpto space. His background is quite extensive and provides good insight on macro trends, not just the latest twitter buzz.
Only thing that keeps me from putting much money in crypto is first time it gets hacked it turns worthless. Just like every great security it's a question of when not if it will eventually be hacked.

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
I’m good. Makes since to move more equities into bonds, but I’ll just ride it out like always.
When rates go up the bonds will take a hit. Cash is good till inflation hits but, you’ll be in a good position to buy back in when there is a correction. I plan to get off this ride in the next few months and take a more conservative approach.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
When rates go up the bonds will take a hit. Cash is good till inflation hits but, you’ll be in a good position to buy back in when there is a correction. I plan to get off this ride in the next few months and take a more conservative approach.
I may start parking all new contributions into cash.

Mar 11, 2006
I may start parking all new contributions into cash.
It is very hard to time the market. I went to increasing my cash holdings as a portfolio % about 18-24 months ago. I don't necessarily regret it, although I certainly could have had much better returns than pennies on the dollar, but it is important to keep portfolio diversified...including keeping your regular contributions diversified.

IMO, if you move "all" new contributions to cash ...it is very difficult to understand when to jump back into the equity market.

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
It is very hard to time the market. I went to increasing my cash holdings as a portfolio % about 18-24 months ago. I don't necessarily regret it, although I certainly could have had much better returns than pennies on the dollar, but it is important to keep portfolio diversified...including keeping your regular contributions diversified.

IMO, if you move "all" new contributions to cash ...it is very difficult to understand when to jump back into the equity market.
Your time to jump back in was March to May of 2020 after a 35% drop. We are now 10% higher than pre-covid market. The economy won’t recover that far that fast and planning for a potential correction is just good investment sense. You don’t have to time the market to assume a 10-20% correction in the next 6-8 months.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Bad week for my Robinhood... I was a $700 a week ago and am down to $600 this morning. PLUG and FCEL are my main ones and have fallen 20% over the last week. PLUG down to almost $50/share after sitting at $60-$70 for a while.