The Market Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 7, 2008
VRYYF has more than doubled for me in just a few weeks. They just hired a new Prez, and the market seems to like her. Focused on aggressive growth. It's my riskiest play but in very early and worth a look.

Bassett Furniture just got a strong buy rating from Zack's, broke out this week on high volume and then issued a special dividend Friday. https://investors.bassettfurniture....assett-announces-declaration-special-dividend

And then UHAUL is just a slow, steady riser. Their EPS last quarter was $13.50/share and projected to be even higher this quarter...

Nov 6, 2010
VRYYF has more than doubled for me in just a few weeks. They just hired a new Prez, and the market seems to like her. Focused on aggressive growth. It's my riskiest play but in very early and worth a look.

Bassett Furniture just got a strong buy rating from Zack's, broke out this week on high volume and then issued a special dividend Friday. https://investors.bassettfurniture....assett-announces-declaration-special-dividend

And then UHAUL is just a slow, steady riser. Their EPS last quarter was $13.50/share and projected to be even higher this quarter...
Your Uhaul call was a really good one, wish I had listened to you back when you called it out the first time.

Oct 7, 2008
Your Uhaul call was a really good one, wish I had listened to you back when you called it out the first time.
I mean I'm new to this so I wouldn't have listened to me either, lol. But it seemed like an insanely low risk/decent reward play. I'll keep watching housing news but plan on holding for at least a year. It's still trading where it was in early 2015 and its EPS back then was around $3.50.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Finally peaked over the $300 mark on my Robinhood play money. Considering I've only put $80 into it, that's a 277% gain over the last year for me. PLUG has really paid off for me. Bought a few shares last year at $7 and some more later on at $14, it's steadily risen up to $30 now.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Break it down for the noobs?... Asking for a friend...
TSLA goes into the S&P on Monday meaning that a lot of funds have to own it. Big funds often put in orders at the close.
So, that is TS (time and sales) that it is pointing to. The person filtered out any sales under 5,000 shares so no pesky retail stuff. At the close (15:00, must be central time) 69 million shares of TSLA went through at the high of the day (695) with all of the index funds scurrying to get in.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
In what kind of alternate universe am I in?

On a day when Democrats in a surprise obtain control of both chambers of Congress as well as the presidency, and rioters storm capitol hill and briefly take over causing our legislators to have to be evacuated, the stock market is UP.

Let's be honest, this isn't really a stock market anymore. Market risk is no longer a consideration.

Oct 7, 2008

On a day when Democrats in a surprise obtain control of both chambers of Congress as well as the presidency, and rioters storm capitol hill and briefly take over causing our legislators to have to be evacuated, the stock market is UP.

Let's be honest, this isn't really a stock market anymore. Market risk is no longer a consideration.
Attempted coup was priced in.

Nov 6, 2010

You're in a world with zero interest rates, and loose monetary and fiscal policy. There is just lots of money out there, and nowhere else to put it.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Finally peaked over the $300 mark on my Robinhood play money. Considering I've only put $80 into it, that's a 277% gain over the last year for me. PLUG has really paid off for me. Bought a few shares last year at $7 and some more later on at $14, it's steadily risen up to $30 now.
PLUG is up 25%.
1610043445817.png

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
PLUG is up 25%.
View attachment 88202
Yeah, I've enjoyed the last 48hrs...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I picked up a little GME at 10 for fun. Everyone was convinced there would be a short squeeze, I just liked gaming sector + Ryan Cohen (Chewy founder) getting on board. Welp...
View attachment 88348
Yeah, my Plug purchase was back when it was less than $10 a share and purely just because I'd come across some article in my Google feed that said it was a good buy. I'm happy how that one turned out. Now I'm trying to stumble across another low dollar stock with the same potential.

Oct 7, 2008
Yeah, my Plug purchase was back when it was less than $10 a share and purely just because I'd come across some article in my Google feed that said it was a good buy. I'm happy how that one turned out. Now I'm trying to stumble across another low dollar stock with the same potential.
I almost picked up PLUG when it dipped to $14 a few months ago but listened to some internet stranger who said wait til $12 :/