The Mandalorian

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
DAMN YOU YAHOO!!! Smurfing *spoiler alert* tag this nonsense!!! Dammit! :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

That was awesome.

Ok so that had all the fan service.

Cobb was a badass early but you knew the Pikes wouldn't take that lying down. Then you have the OMG moment. When he was walking up you knew who it was. I was like f*cking awesome here comes Cad Bane and then I was like oh sh*t Cad Bane is going to kill Cobb. And Cobb was about to talk him down until the deputy ran his mouth and you knew what would happen. I don't know that he is dead but it really looked like he was dead.

The Luke and Grogo scenes. That was fun and I'm liking that he is coming into his own. Luke was kind of a downer in the end though. He was like hey if you want this really awesome light saber that is the most awesome weapon in the planet you can stay. If you want the $hi**y chain mail I'm dumping you off with your step dad then you can go. It's your choice basically 5 year old kid. Oh yeah I have ice cream. I know you and Asoka talked about if he wanted it but dick move Luke. Not to foreshadow anything but if say 10 years one of your future padwans turns to the dark side and offs everyone in your temple beskar chain mail might come in handy. But I digress.

Also anyone think Luke and Asoka are f*ucking?

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
That was awesome.

Ok so that had all the fan service.

Cobb was a badass early but you knew the Pikes wouldn't take that lying down. Then you have the OMG moment. When he was walking up you knew who it was. I was like f*cking awesome here comes Cad Bane and then I was like oh sh*t Cad Bane is going to kill Cobb. And Cobb was about to talk him down until the deputy ran his mouth and you knew what would happen. I don't know that he is dead but it really looked like he was dead.

The Luke and Grogo scenes. That was fun and I'm liking that he is coming into his own. Luke was kind of a downer in the end though. He was like hey if you want this really awesome light saber that is the most awesome weapon in the planet you can stay. If you want the $hi**y chain mail I'm dumping you off with your step dad then you can go. It's your choice basically 5 year old kid. Oh yeah I have ice cream. I know you and Asoka talked about if he wanted it but dick move Luke. Not to foreshadow anything but if say 10 years one of your future padwans turns to the dark side and offs everyone in your temple beskar chain mail might come in handy. But I digress.

Also anyone think Luke and Asoka are f*ucking?
Part of me is actually relieved I came across that Yahoo article yesterday... had I just happened upon "the showdown at high noon"... and seen his figure standing on the edge of town... I might have totally crapped my pants with excitement. With my unfortunate spoiler finding yesterday, I saw it coming. AND while superfreakinggeeking excited, it was at least tempered.

Still, I've been yelling, begging, praying for Disney to somehow bring him in to the "live-action" world. After Boba, he was THE CHARCTER I felt needed some more exposure. I can NOT believe it actually happened and I sure as hell didn't see it coming (even though you know Fett and
Bane
have had to have crossed paths before).

I'm living on geek cloud#9 right now! That episode was soooooooooooooooooo smurfing cool... and they have got to be setting up some EPIC stuff to come! Book of Boba started slow... BUT now I know why!

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Yeah, I thought the "lightsaber or Mando" was a douche move... Man, the CGI on Luke this season is SO much better than when he was in Mandalorian... Disney actually hired a youtuber that made a deepfake that looked better than theirs and it apparently worked. There were some spots that looked a little awkward but overall it felt like we were looking at an actual young Luke Skywalker.

As much as the last 2 episodes have been awesome, I'd kinda like "The Book of Boba Fett" to get back to, you know, Boba Fett... I feel like they could have just done a complete season that chronologically starts with Boba's Tuscan backstory that lands him to current day (instead of doing all the flashbacks) and make this first season entirely about Boba. A cameo with Din is fine but we've have 2 full episodes (1/3 of the season so far) that have basically been entirely focused on not-Boba Fett.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Yeah, I thought the "lightsaber or Mando" was a douche move... Man, the CGI on Luke this season is SO much better than when he was in Mandalorian... Disney actually hired a youtuber that made a deepfake that looked better than theirs and it apparently worked. There were some spots that looked a little awkward but overall it felt like we were looking at an actual young Luke Skywalker.

As much as the last 2 episodes have been awesome, I'd kinda like "The Book of Boba Fett" to get back to, you know, Boba Fett... I feel like they could have just done a complete season that chronologically starts with Boba's Tuscan backstory that lands him to current day (instead of doing all the flashbacks) and make this first season entirely about Boba. A cameo with Din is fine but we've have 2 full episodes (1/3 of the season so far) that have basically been entirely focused on not-Boba Fett.
https://twitter.com/_dba2k_/status/1488918139266027521

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
For real. Like "Oh yeah! I forgot that was THIS show!"
I feel like they are setting up some storylines. I'm not going to complain. Especially since it's all characters I want to see.

Yes, I'm still waiting for the episode where Boba goes medieval on everyone while riding on the back of his rancor... but no need to rush it. :glare:

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
I feel like the Mando episodes were intended for a Mando season but they got the idea to spin off the Bobba series so this is just where they fit in the narrative

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
For real. Like "Oh yeah! I forgot that was THIS show!"
I feel like they are setting up some storylines. I'm not going to complain. Especially since it's all characters I want to see.

Yes, I'm still waiting for the episode where Boba goes medieval on everyone while riding on the back of his rancor... but no need to rush it. :glare:
Boba as the new Mandalore is what they are setting up. This is awesome.

And the choice for grogu is a chance at a choice that Yoda tried to give Luke when he discovered his friends were in trouble. He could finish his training and they might die, or he could go help.
Same thing, just presented in a different way. Of course grogu is younger and has less training than Luke did when he left.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Boba as the new leader of Mandalore (the scattered Mandalorians)? Would that mean Boba would have to defeat Din in combat and take claim of the Dark Sabre?

I actually think Din is more powerful than Boba. I don't think this can happen. Can Din just relinquish the sabre to Boba and then Boba lay claim to the title?

Hadn't thought of any of this story angle until you brought it up.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Boba as the new leader of Mandalore (the scattered Mandalorians)? Would that mean Boba would have to defeat Din in combat and take claim of the Dark Sabre?

I actually think Din is more powerful than Boba. I don't think this can happen. Can Din just relinquish the sabre to Boba and then Boba lay claim to the title?

I believe you have to claim the Sabre in combat in order to claim it and get the title Mandalore.

And there was only 1 ever Mandalorian Jedi.......I wonder if the choice here Luke has given to Grogu based on his own experience with Yoda will backfire and Grogu decides to be both and becomes the 2nd ever Mandalorian Jedi and claims the Dark Sabre in combat at some point and thus the title of Mandalore

Obviously it possible for one to be both a Mandalorian and Jedi. Tarre Vizsla did it

1644005154544.png

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

I watched a video that talked about this. At some point, the sword was not won in combat, but instead handed over. Thus everyone to weild it since then are not the rightful possessors. That's why it keeps getting harder for Mando to weild it. Apparently Jango was the last and since boba is a clone, it will recognize him as the rightful Mandalore without the need for combat.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
So the Book of Boba Fett sure ended with a Wild crazy bang. Wow!

This show started out really slow and weird, then somehow morphed into just 2 1/2 episodes of pure Nerdgasm goodness.

The King Kong Reference was awesome