The Mandalorian

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
kotor for us non nerds?
Knights of the Old Republic. It was a PC game series, KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2, that was set a couple thousand years (at least a thousand years) before the prequels. It was originally non canon but they have been taking things from it and making it canon, like Darth Revan and such.

Krayt Dragon
Krayt Dragon Pearls

Kyber Crystals form in other ways as well, such as the crystal caves on Illum (from KOTOR/non canon). The newest Jedi Order game also gave more information on the crystals. So dont think the only way to obtain a crystal is through killing a dragon lol.

Kyber Crystal

Last edited:

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Btw KOTOR was during the zenith of both the Sith and Jedi. It was before the "rule of two", so it allowed Sith force users to be much more numerous and created massive battles between Jedi and Sith. Its why Im super excited that they are making more and more of it canon.
Just wash your hands when your done.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Btw KOTOR was during the zenith of both the Sith and Jedi. It was before the "rule of two", so it allowed Sith force users to be much more numerous and created massive battles between Jedi and Sith. Its why Im super excited that they are making more and more of it canon.
Just wash your hands when your done.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Jan 14, 2006
KOTOR was perhaps the best video game I ever played other than the ncaa football games.(I haven't played a game since ncaa 14 so I can't speak to any of the new stuff)

The story in that game was so awesome.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
The krayt dragon is from KOTOR. The orb thing the tusken raiders pulled out, if taken from KOTOR, contains a kyber crystal which is used to make lightsabers. More and more things are becoming canon that is from KOTOR. Fingers crossed for a TV series or Movie trilogy from that time period.
Actually you see a Krayt skeleton on Tattooine in one of the movies.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
kotor for us non nerds?
Knights of the Old Republic. It was a PC game series, KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2, that was set a couple thousand years (at least a thousand years) before the prequels. It was originally non canon but they have been taking things from it and making it canon, like Darth Revan and such.

Krayt Dragon
Krayt Dragon Pearls

Kyber Crystals form in other ways as well, such as the crystal caves on Illum (from KOTOR/non canon). The newest Jedi Order game also gave more information on the crystals. So dont think the only way to obtain a crystal is through killing a dragon lol.

Kyber Crystal
Actually isn't Illum the planet Ahsokha takes the younglings in Clone Wars? If so then that's Canon.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I've been saying since Disney bought the thing that not doing a Revan movie is almost criminal. It would make the die hard fans ecstatic and it's a good enough story with a huge twist that would delight the casual fans. It also has several very cool locations that would make great looking sets on the big screen.

Then you could make a sequel based on kotor2, giving you one movie with a male lead and one with a female lead and could tie them together in a 3rd movie using both of them together. How could the leadership at Lucasfilm and Disney, who are making millions of dollars to come up with stuff like this, not have already done it.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I've been saying since Disney bought the thing that not doing a Revan movie is almost criminal. It would make the die hard fans ecstatic and it's a good enough story with a huge twist that would delight the casual fans. It also has several very cool locations that would make great looking sets on the big screen.

Then you could make a sequel based on kotor2, giving you one movie with a male lead and one with a female lead and could tie them together in a 3rd movie using both of them together. How could the leadership at Lucasfilm and Disney, who are making millions of dollars to come up with stuff like this, not have already done it.
Right now, it looks like we might actually get a Lucas written sequel trilogy. As if TFA and the others never existed.
I figured we'd get a stand alone boba movie but instead it seems we'll get a mini series spin off from Mando

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
Right now, it looks like we might actually get a Lucas written sequel trilogy. As if TFA and the others never existed.
I figured we'd get a stand alone boba movie but instead it seems we'll get a mini series spin off from Mando

will the lucas sequal include the whils and the midichlorians?

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007

*A stand-alone Boba movie would be the largest grossing Star Wars movie of all time. The character has a MASSIVE cult following like no other side-character in any movie... EVER.

The Mandolorian is proof of that.

If they think they've got more story than what will fit in a movie timeline, then make two movies.

I LOVE The Mandolorian… BUT, I wish I could have gotten the opportunity to "experience" it as a movie in a theater with surround sound and massive screen. I DO NOT LIKE THIS TREND of moving story lines to pretty much at-home viewing. I know movies are expensive to create and watch... but dammit, there's just something about "experiencing" a movie versus only getting to "watch it" at home. I'll never have a $10k+ theater and surround sound setup in my house (even as much as I want it).

*I'll never understand why Solo got the bad reviews and bad wrap that was thrown at it. I loved the movie... watched it a second time and feel even MORE in love with it. Thought it was great! But supposedly, Solo's poor performance is what killed Disney's ambitions of any more stand-alone classic Star Wars character movies.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
*A stand-alone Boba movie would be the largest grossing Star Wars movie of all time. The character has a MASSIVE cult following like no other side-character in any movie... EVER.

The Mandolorian is proof of that.

If they think they've got more story than what will fit in a movie timeline, then make two movies.

I LOVE The Mandolorian… BUT, I wish I could have gotten the opportunity to "experience" it as a movie in a theater with surround sound and massive screen. I DO NOT LIKE THIS TREND of moving story lines to pretty much at-home viewing. I know movies are expensive to create and watch... but dammit, there's just something about "experiencing" a movie versus only getting to "watch it" at home. I'll never have a $10k+ theater and surround sound setup in my house (even as much as I want it).

*I'll never understand why Solo got the bad reviews and bad wrap that was thrown at it. I loved the movie... watched it a second time and feel even MORE in love with it. Thought it was great! But supposedly, Solo's poor performance is what killed Disney's ambitions of any more stand-alone classic Star Wars character movies.
A Boba movie need to be at least 2 and probably be 3 like Solo should have been to do it justice. Solo was not a bad movie, fan but purists got butt hurt and killed it.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Mando is amazing...the first two episodes of season 2 are both outstanding. It's just so well done, best thing on tv in years.