The Disrespect Nationally Continues

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Soon to be with ESPN
https://twitter.com/espnpr/status/1481646361170776077?s=21
I actually used to enjoy him when he was at the NYT. Sadly, he's become one of those sports writers whose sole focus is to write about anything he perceives as a negative in the sports world. He's the same as Christine Brennan and Nancy Armour-the only stories you'll ever see from them are about how horribly women have it in sports. Pete's now the writer that you read his stuff and wonder 'did you ever even like sports?'

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Well, they dogged on our offensive play-calling. Fair shot there. If our new DC is at least solid, we could prove them wrong as far as the quantifiable impact of losing Knowles, which I imagine is their biggest contributing factor in our precipitous drop. I am a little surprised they ranked Baylor as high as they did given how far they dropped us, but thats the Knowles effect in their eyes I suppose.

Just January banter fodder.

As Lou Brown once said: "I'm for wasting sports-writers' time, so I'd like to hang around and see if we can give em all a nice, big sh1tburger to eat."

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I'm not sure that's fair? Let's look at conference games only by scoring/game.

We would have been the second highest scoring offense in the Big10 behind Ohio State.

We would have been the fourth highest scoring offense in the SEC behind Georgia, Tenn, & Alabama.

We would have been the 3rd highest scoring offense in the Pac 12 behind Utah and UCLA.

We would have been the 5th highest scoring offense in the ACC behind Wake Forest, Pittsburgh, Miami, and Virginia.... (do any of those really matter)

Take the Power 5 conference less the Big 12 and we were the 10th highest scoring offense. Not great but competitive.

trippin629

Territorial Marshal
Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa
Well, they dogged on our offensive play-calling. Fair shot there. If our new DC is at least solid, we could prove them wrong as far as the quantifiable impact of losing Knowles, which I imagine is their biggest contributing factor in our precipitous drop. I am a little surprised they ranked Baylor as high as they did given how far they dropped us, but thats the Knowles effect in their eyes I suppose.

Just January banter fodder.

As Lou Brown once said: "I'm for wasting sports-writers' time, so I'd like to hang around and see if we can give em all a nice, big sh1tburger to eat."

I'm not sure that's fair? Let's look at conference games only by scoring/game.

We would have been the second highest scoring offense in the Big10 behind Ohio State.

We would have been the fourth highest scoring offense in the SEC behind Georgia, Tenn, & Alabama.

We would have been the 3rd highest scoring offense in the Pac 12 behind Utah and UCLA.

We would have been the 5th highest scoring offense in the ACC behind Wake Forest, Pittsburgh, Miami, and Virginia.... (do any of those really matter)

Take the Power 5 conference less the Big 12 and we were the 10th highest scoring offense. Not great but competitive.
Thats somewhat comforting and stats do have merit. I just recall thinking WTF alot this season with our playcalling, even after weathering the early season injury bug.

I dont have any specific examples to point to, my brain has already shifted to the diamond (the hardwood has been depressing thus far), and I'm no football guru, but I just know I was frustrated with the play design/play calling a lot this season.