The Disrespect Nationally Continues

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 11, 2007
This is pretty funny:
Sorry, can't put Clemson in the playoff hunt just yet. There is too much uncertainty at quarterback, where D.J.

Sure questions at QB alone should be enough to keep someone out of the top 4 preseason. But if you have questions at coaching, QB, WR, Defense, Recruiting and in a stronger confernace....eh 4th feels about right.

trippin629

Territorial Marshal
Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa
Well, they dogged on our offensive play-calling. Fair shot there. If our new DC is at least solid, we could prove them wrong as far as the quantifiable impact of losing Knowles, which I imagine is their biggest contributing factor in our precipitous drop. I am a little surprised they ranked Baylor as high as they did given how far they dropped us, but thats the Knowles effect in their eyes I suppose.

Just January banter fodder.

As Lou Brown once said: "I'm for wasting sports-writers' time, so I'd like to hang around and see if we can give em all a nice, big sh1tburger to eat."

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Nov 6, 2010
I really don't have a problem with them putting us down there, we are losing a LOT from this team. Our top WR, 3 of 4 RB's, including our best one. Sills and Godslevke, probably our two best Olinemen, and almost all the impact players on our D along with Knowles, which was the strength of our team. Considering all that, anywhere in the top 25 is actually showing us some respect.

Now ou at #4 when they're losing more than we are??? That's ridiculous.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Well, they dogged on our offensive play-calling. Fair shot there. If our new DC is at least solid, we could prove them wrong as far as the quantifiable impact of losing Knowles, which I imagine is their biggest contributing factor in our precipitous drop. I am a little surprised they ranked Baylor as high as they did given how far they dropped us, but thats the Knowles effect in their eyes I suppose.

As Lou Brown once said: "I'm for wasting sports-writers' time, so I'd like to hang around and see if we can give em all a nice, big sh1tburger to eat."

If we could pull off a Holgerson to Monken type OC change we may be looking at 2011 part 2…but bring on the disrespect because it brings yummy blue blood tears.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I really don't have a problem with them putting us down there, we are losing a LOT from this team. Our top WR, 3 of 4 RB's, including our best one. Sills and Godslevke, probably our two best Olinemen, and almost all the impact players on our D along with Knowles, which was the strength of our team. Considering all that, anywhere in the top 25 is actually showing us some respect.

Now ou at #4 when they're losing more than we are??? That's ridiculous.
Our dline is retuning a ton of talent…so much so some unnamed person might have to leave to get more PT. IMHO you are very wrong in your assignment of next years squad. Our offense will be improved just based on QB years in the system and the defense MIGHT not miss a beat too much…

Nov 6, 2010
re
Our dline is retuning a ton of talent…so much so some unnamed person might have to leave to get more PT. IMHO you are very wrong in your assignment of next years squad. Our offense will be improved just based on QB years in the system and the defense MIGHT not miss a beat too much…
Look at it this way, I'm just really high on the guys that we're graduating this year.

trippin629

Territorial Marshal
Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa

If we could pull off a Holgerson to Monken type OC change we may be looking at 2011 part 2…but bring on the disrespect because it brings yummy blue blood tears.
If 2011's offense would have had 2021's defense...

Then again, I'm not sure that 2021's defense would have been quite so good if they were paired with a quick strike offense like we had in 2011. Or maybe the still would have, but its fun to dream!

The Poke

Territorial Marshal
Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
It's Dennis Dodd from CBS Sports. This is par for the course.

When the Sports Illustrated "hit piece" was investigated and shredded he had this flippant response on Twitter.

Dennis Dodd, CBSSports.com, via Twitter: “Sad day for journalism, NCAA piling on SI. No need for joint statement. Didn't find anything? Fine. Move on.”

He refuses to let it go when it comes to anything Oklahoma State.

Nov 22, 2020
Belton, TX
Dennis Dodd wanted Gundy fired for "the rant."

Dennis Dodd wanted Gundy fired for SI story.

Dennis Dodd wanted Gundy fired for the OAN shirt.

He hates Gundy and comes after him frequently.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Dennis Dodd wanted Gundy fired for "the rant."

Dennis Dodd wanted Gundy fired for SI story.

Dennis Dodd wanted Gundy fired for the OAN shirt.

He hates Gundy and comes after him frequently.
And Pete Thamel's at Yahoo now, and he can't let it go either. His piece on Gundy over the OAN flap was a seething piece of personal outrage.