The Biden Administration Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
So, inflation, rising gas prices, and now we have an Iranian hostage crisis..... Hmm. All of this sounds vaguely familiar....,

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
NSBA coordinated with White House, DOJ before sending notorious 'domestic terrorists' letter: emails

NSBA leaders even altered the letter's text to satisfy the Biden White House

Newly-released internal emails reveal that the National School Boards Association coordinated with the White House and the Department of Justice before sending President Biden the notorious letter that compared concerned parents to domestic terrorists.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ns...g-notorious-domestic-terrorists-letter-emails
Wait so didn't Garland testify to congress he wasn't aware of this?

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
So, inflation, rising gas prices, and now we have an Iranian hostage crisis..... Hmm. All of this sounds vaguely familiar....,

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
At least with this one the hostages are not Americans since we haven’t housed Americans at that embassy since 2015. The hostages are Yemeni nationals who work for the US.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
1636730207411.png

"I’ve adopted the attitude of the great negro at the time, pitcher of the Negro leagues, who went on to become a great pitcher in the pros — in Major League Baseball — after Jackie Robinson. His name was Satchel Paige,"

--- President Joseph Biden

May 31, 2007
Concord
View attachment 92995

"I’ve adopted the attitude of the great negro at the time, pitcher of the Negro leagues, who went on to become a great pitcher in the pros — in Major League Baseball — after Jackie Robinson. His name was Satchel Paige,"

--- President Joseph Biden
Biden doesn’t have his marbles anymore. He’s trying to regurgitate something and in this case he fumbled over his words. So I don’t think this should be held against him. However if Trump did this it would be grounds for impeachment; so there’s that.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Biden doesn’t have his marbles anymore. He’s trying to regurgitate something and in this case he fumbled over his words. So I don’t think this should be held against him. However if Trump did this it would be grounds for impeachment; so there’s that.
Holy cow, can you imagine the same reaction if some other recent President had made that same quote?

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
So, the President of the United States shouldn't be held accountable for his words? Is that the position the left is taking?

Aug 16, 2012
Why was he attempting to inject race into a Veteran's Day ceremony to begin with? The yarn was not about Paige being black, but about him being successful despite his age.

May 31, 2007
Concord
So, the President of the United States shouldn't be held accountable for his words? Is that the position the left is taking?
Paige was a pitcher in the Negro Leagues. I don’t see anything wrong with calling him a great Negro Leagues pitcher. So I don’t see what Biden needs to be held accountable for outside of stumbling over his words which I don’t think is a big deal.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
But alll Presidents must have all their "marbles" if they are to carry out their awesome duties.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Paige was a pitcher in the Negro Leagues. I don’t see anything wrong with calling him a great Negro Leagues pitcher. So I don’t see what Biden needs to be held accountable for outside of stumbling over his words which I don’t think is a big deal.
I wasn't responding to Biden's words, I was responding to yours.

Biden doesn’t have his marbles anymore. He’s trying to regurgitate something and in this case he fumbled over his words. So I don’t think this should be held against him.

Aug 16, 2012
How was he injecting race?
Been addressed.

The story was presumptively about how Paige found his fame in his 40s, well past the accepted prime for baseball players. There was no reason to say he is black or even bring up the Negro League in the story. "The great baseball player Satchel Paige...." would have sufficed just fine. Just because someone is black does not mean "black" has to be an adjective every time he is mentioned in the context of their accomplishment. If his story had been about Jim Morris, would he have said, "Jim Morris was a white HS biology teacher who became a pitcher in the major leagues at age 35?" No.

It was an intentional, superfluous adjective for cause and it backfired.

May 31, 2007
Concord
Been addressed.

The story was presumptively about how Paige found his fame in his 40s, well past the accepted prime for baseball players. There was no reason to say he is black or even bring up the Negro League in the story. "The great baseball player Satchel Paige...." would have sufficed just fine. Just because someone is black does not mean "black" has to be an adjective every time he is mentioned in the context of their accomplishment. If his story had been about Jim Morris, would he have said, "Jim Morris was a white HS biology teacher who became a pitcher in the major leagues at age 35?" No.

It was an intentional, superfluous adjective for cause and it backfired.
I guess I disagree. Paige was known as a Negro League legend. He’s in the HOF thanks to the Negro League committee. I think you are correct in that many times race is unnecessarily injected into things so I totally see where you’re coming from; but in this case I see nothing wrong with stating where Paige became a legend.