The Biden Administration Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
If you think the Democrats tax and spend bills are about helping the middle class you better crawl out from under that rock.

How to build a multi-million dollar fortune on a $193,000 salary..... by Nancy Pelosi

The Pelosis always seem to know what the right investment is.

"In 2007, Visa worried the new Democrat Congress would target their swipe fees, costing them billions. So they hired a team of lobbyists who descended on Pelosi," Watters added. "Visa's CEO personally met with her. She got donations from them. One of his advisers left and became a visa lobbyist himself."

"Suddenly, Paul Pelosi got a phone call from his broker. He was in luck," Watters continued. "Paul was offered a prescreened invite to get in early on Visa's $18 billion IPO. Did Nancy and her husband hesitate? No, they bought between $1 million and $5 million worth of Visa stock. But it gets better. While Pelosi was speaker, bills that would have hurt Visa's stock price were blocked in the House. Visa shares going up over 200 percent during the time, making the Pelosis a fortune on paper."

"In January, the Pelosis got a million dollars worth of Tesla stock right before Joe Biden announced electric car incentives in June. The Pelosi family cashed in big time just before Congress was set to pounce on Big Tech. Mr. Pelosi exercised options on Google's parent company, Alphabet, making an easy $5.3 million."

"In March, Paul Pelosi exercised $2 million worth of Microsoft options, just two weeks before the tech giant got a $22 billion contract to equip the US Army with high tech headsets," he said.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/watters-world-investigates-nancy-pelosis-315-million-in-assets
Once again rather than dispute the facts with facts, resident liberals re-visit their ol' standard playbook of either a non-response with inserting boring icons, name calling, and/or changing the subject.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Once again rather than dispute the facts with facts, resident liberals re-visit their ol' standard playbook of either a non-response with inserting boring icons, name calling, and/or changing the subject.
You do notice it's a small crowd, the same ones over and again.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Or we could cause their blood presure to rise by substituting Trump in the place of Pelosi.

Dec 9, 2013
You absolutely cannot be a serious poster. You respond w more Zzzz’s than any poster on OrangePower. You resort to name calling more than any poster. And you and Cimm are talking about Pelosi in a Biden thread to which you chapped Steross’s ass last week for not staying on topic.

To Cimm’s post on Pelosi, this type of activity should be illegal by any memeber of Congress and their families. This happens in both parties and they will never police themselves. Both parties have held both House and Senate and WH and neither of them have passed legislation barring this type of activity.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
You absolutely cannot be a serious poster. You respond w more Zzzz’s than any poster on OrangePower. You resort to name calling more than any poster. And you and Cimm are talking about Pelosi in a Biden thread to which you chapped Steross’s ass last week for not staying on topic.

To Cimm’s post on Pelosi, this type of activity should be illegal by any memeber of Congress and their families. This happens in both parties and they will never police themselves. Both parties have held both House and Senate and WH and neither of them have passed legislation barring this type of activity.
It has everything to do with the Biden Administration.

"If you think the Democrats tax and spend bills are about helping the middle class..."

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007

Are you sure?

https://www.ethics.senate.gov/publi...e-senate-code-of-official-conduct.pdf#page=22

Also, the Stock Act.

Dec 9, 2013

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Too little too late' to save Christmas

Toymaker slams Biden's port directive:

A toy executive is calling out President Biden for not doing enough to address the global supply chain crisis crippling U.S. ports ahead of the holiday shopping season.

MGA Entertainment CEO Isaac Larian joined "America's Newsroom" Thursday after the president announced Wednesday more U.S. ports will be working 24 hours a day and seven days a week to address the bottlenecks in the system.

"Whether the ports are open 24 hours a day or 48 hours a day, you cannot get labor," Larian said. "If you cannot get labor, you cannot get trucks, you cannot get the merchandise out."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/toyma...rective-too-little-too-late-to-save-christmas

Nov 23, 2010
"Larian blames the labor shortage on White House unemployment policies he says are incentivizing people to stay home instead of work.

"If you're paying people to stay home and they make more money just staying home than working, they don't want to come to work," he said."

Don't the worker shortages in many of the industries most affecting the supply chain issues, like trucking, predate the expanded benefits which are now expired?

I doubt there are enough people with commercial driver's licenses just sitting around to totally ease this.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Pompeo says world is 'very concerned' America is 'leaving the international stage' under Biden foreign policy

President Biden's foreign policy "fails to understand" the "harsh reality" of good versus evil, that without considering the "ramifications" of his administration's actions around the globe, "America will be diminished."

"I think the world is very worried," Pompeo said. "I think they see the first nine months, and they are very concerned that America is leaving the international stage."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pompeo-world-concerned-america-leaving-international-stage-biden

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Pompeo says world is 'very concerned' America is 'leaving the international stage' under Biden foreign policy

President Biden's foreign policy "fails to understand" the "harsh reality" of good versus evil, that without considering the "ramifications" of his administration's actions around the globe, "America will be diminished."

"I think the world is very worried," Pompeo said. "I think they see the first nine months, and they are very concerned that America is leaving the international stage."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pompeo-world-concerned-america-leaving-international-stage-biden
"Pompeo"

Be sure to take anything that guy has to say with a whole truckload of salt.

I know YOU won't.....but anyone not eat up with TDS Type II like you are should.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
"Pompeo"

Be sure to take anything that guy has to say with a whole truckload of salt.

I know YOU won't.....but anyone not eat up with TDS Type II like you are should.
Lol we have pissed off not only the Brits but also the French. Not to mention the tensions with Israel and the debacle in Afghanistan. China and Russia are licking their lips at how completely inept this Admin is. Just look at the advances China is making on Taiwan and other countries around the South China Sea. Also look to their takeover economically of Afghanistan as they can continue their Silk Road project. Biden is clueless and unable to even "look strong".

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
For weeks, rumors have swirled in Washington about President Joe Biden’s climate czar John Kerry and his opposition to taking concrete action against the Chinese Communist Party’s use of slave labor. Now, according to a new report, Kerry and his wife have at least $1 million invested in a Chinese investment group called Hillhouse China Value Fund L.P.

That fact alone raises serious questions as to whether Kerry can negotiate in good faith with Beijing on climate change but it gets worse.

According to the report, Hillhouse is a "top shareholder" in a Chinese technology company called YITU Technology, which was blacklisted by the Trump administration in 2019 for being complicit in the surveillance, detention, and repression of Uyghurs and others. In other words, Kerry appears to be profiting from slave labor.

https://247sports.com/college/west-...profiting-from-chinese-slave-labor-173119089/