The Biden Administration Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
We are in a situation where interest rates have been quantitavely eased for years, no one seems to have the will to repair the supply chain, energy prices are jumping, and our employment rate is falling apart. None of this indicates a booming economy
Energy prices plummeted during the GFC which was your comparison. Supply chain issues are not good but are creating demand, not lack of activity. Interest rates are a long-term problem, not an edge.

Mar 11, 2006
You were for the $10 Trillion debt-inducing Tax act. Your claim now is disingenuous, not mine. No, I personally do not like any massive bills like this as it prevents the analysis of individual components. I'm sure if I had the time and energy I would find some things I like and some I despise. Putting it all together is simply wrong so I am not for it.

As I said, other than the 2020 jump under trump which wasn't gradual, it has been increasing by degrees since Reagan which is the word gradual. Your hangup about one word that you want to be ridiculously pedantic about despite the fact that I explained exactly how and why I used it isn't going to change what it means. Two posts about a single word. I get it, you think that a gradually increasing slope is not gradual. Thanks, I fully understood your opinion the first time and still disagree with it. And, your attempt to escalate the difference of opinion by claiming mine is "bias" and not yours is idiotic. I have clearly said that the debt is a big problem so my "bias" would be against my own opinion.:derp:
Words have definitions. I get that Biden wants to claim his $3.5T spending bill does not have a cost. But that is not an opinion, it is wrong. I get you want to state that a massive doubling of the national debt (from $10T to $20T during Obama’s term) is somehow “gradual” , but that is an odd opinion/definition of the word gradual. Just like the massive debt increase from Trump’s last year to today —- increasing the debt 25% ($6t) in 18 months is NOT gradual.

The national debt is a huge issue. Too many people don’t realize it, attempt to minimize it, or justify spending when their team is in power. And some just claim there is no cost.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
Words have definitions. I get that Biden wants to claim his $3.5T spending bill does not have a cost. But that is not an opinion, it is wrong. I get you want to state that a massive doubling of the national debt (from $10T to $20T during Obama’s term) is somehow “gradual” , but that is an odd opinion/definition of the word gradual. Just like the massive debt increase from Trump’s last year to today —- increasing the debt 25% ($6t) in 18 months is NOT gradual.

The national debt is a huge issue. Too many people don’t realize it, attempt to minimize it, or justify spending when their team is in power. And some just claim there is no cost.
We Americans are drunk with debt both personal and public with the unfounded idea we can just keep printing money until someday no one will want dollars. Other countries have tried this and history tells up the terrible outcome.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
We Americans are drunk with debt both personal and public with the unfounded idea we can just keep printing money until someday no one will want dollars. Other countries have tried this and history tells up the terrible outcome.
And considering minting a trillion dollar coin is just the drunk politician taking another shot rather than a Uber home

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city

You were for a 10TRILLION DOLLAR increase in debt.
YOU were the one justifying increasing the debt by a MASSIVE amount while you team was in power. Despite your multiple attempts to put that on me, I have done no such thing. You are fortunate that search doesn’t work for 2017 when you were downplaying the importance if debt when we were debating the tax money cut. Your hay pocrisy running rampant.
You are fighting with and straw manning me about thing you did and are still being a pedantic child about one word. If you can’t see the gradual increase in the rate of debt in the chart I posted, you are blind along with being a message board warrior about a single irrelevant word. Take a large time frame and comparing the ends without any look at how it occurred in the middle has nothing to do with gradual oru. Jeez, go back to high school and learning something. Did you sleep though math class?

Mar 11, 2006
You were for a 10TRILLION DOLLAR increase in debt.
YOU were the one justifying increasing the debt by a MASSIVE amount while you team was in power. Despite your multiple attempts to put that on me, I have done no such thing. You are fortunate that search doesn’t work for 2017 when you were downplaying the importance if debt when we were debating the tax money cut. Your hay pocrisy running rampant.
You are fighting with and straw manning me about thing you did and are still being a pedantic child about one word. If you can’t see the gradual increase in the rate of debt in the chart I posted, you are blind along with being a message board warrior about a single irrelevant word. Take a large time frame and comparing the ends without any look at how it occurred in the middle has nothing to do with gradual oru. Jeez, go back to high school and learning something. Did you sleep though math class?
Look, now you are doing what you always do when challenged. Make something up.
For you to make any claim that I have EVER been supportive of increasing the national debt or that I have EVER downplayed the importance of debt is beyond laughable. That has NEVER happened as I view increasing the debt a major issue for our country.

We have discussed financial items before, and I know that we have differences of thought as I am much more fiscally conservative… But your repeated attempts to downplay the explosive growth of our national debt is ….strange.

Dec 9, 2013
They do change the subject because I have yet to find one who wants to have a civil discussion without eventually reverting to a subject other than Biden and his administration. And I never blamed Biden for an increase in gas prices. I said I was confident he’d make things worse, and I will be proven correct or incorrect soon enough.
Front NovMarch is trading at 5.667. 22-23 NovMarch is trading at 4.137. And 23-24 NovMarch is trading at 3.564. If you are so confident Biden’s policies will increase NatGas state what policies will increase them and tell me what you are doing to offset the increase.

Also why didn’t you bring this up when NatGas prices increased under Trump? Also did you blame trump when CLJ0 trade below zero?

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Front NovMarch is trading at 5.667. 22-23 NovMarch is trading at 4.137. And 23-24 NovMarch is trading at 3.564. If you are so confident Biden’s policies will increase NatGas state what policies will increase them and tell me what you are doing to offset the increase.

Also why didn’t you bring this up when NatGas prices increased under Trump? Also did you blame trump when CLJ0 trade below zero?
First, I can’t be specific on what policies will increase the prices because I’m neither a politician nor someone who prefers to think like Biden. However, I do have a track record of Biden that tells me and millions of other legal citizens that he will make it worse. Second, you just proved my previous point about how liberals can’t avoid discussing ONLY Biden since he’s the current President; you always have to change the subject to Trump or some other topic. So, why don’t we just sit back and see what Biden does and then you can call me out on being incorrect if nothing happens.

Dec 9, 2013
First, I can’t be specific on what policies will increase the prices because I’m neither a politician nor someone who prefers to think like Biden. However, I do have a track record of Biden that tells me and millions of other legal citizens that he will make it worse. Second, you just proved my previous point about how liberals can’t avoid discussing ONLY Biden since he’s the current President; you always have to change the subject to Trump or some other topic. So, why don’t we just sit back and see what Biden does and then you can call me out on being incorrect if nothing happens.
I’ll take Trump out of it. But I like how you accuse liberals of changing the subject and then like a dog w a squirrel in the yard you throw in the comment about “legal citizens”. But racist gonna racist.

You don’t have to be a politician or think like one to know what policies will have an impact on something. That’s a cop out.

So if you can’t name policies but are so sure prices will increase what is such a smart guy like you doing to mitigate the risk when the NatGas curve presents such an opportunity to do as such?

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2013

Don’t you think the national debt increasing in the early Obama yrs had a little to do w the actual shite show he inherited in regards to the economy? Also wasn’t the deficit increasing under Trump ahead of Covid? And the tax cut also created deficit spending 10 yrs out.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
I’ll take Trump out of it. But I like how you accuse liberals of changing the subject and then like a dog w a squirrel in the yard you throw in the comment about “legal citizens”. But racist gonna racist.

You don’t have to be a politician or think like one to know what policies will have an impact on something. That’s a cop out.

So if you can’t name policies but are so sure prices will increase what is such a smart guy like you doing to mitigate the risk when the NatGas curve presents such an opportunity to do as such?
Once again you can’t help yourself. Step in it every single time without blinking. Equating me using the term “legal citizens” to being a racist is pretty much directly from the liberal playbook. :lol: And you just can’t seem to grasp the obvious, I never disclosed myself as some kind of natural gas policy expert, but I can sure as hell tell you who I’m confident will or won’t make something worse.

Dec 9, 2013
Once again you can’t help yourself. Step in it every single time without blinking. Equating me using the term “legal citizens” to being a racist is pretty much directly from the liberal playbook. :lol: And you just can’t seem to grasp the obvious, I never disclosed myself as some kind of natural gas policy expert, but I can sure as hell tell you who I’m confident will or won’t make something worse.
You don’t have to be a natural gas policy expert to understand certain parts of rising energy prices. So how will Biden make energy prices worse since you are confident he will and what are you doing to protect your family from rising prices since you are such a smart guy?

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
You don’t have to be a natural gas policy expert to understand certain parts of rising energy prices. So how will Biden make energy prices worse since you are confident he will and what are you doing to protect your family from rising prices since you are such a smart guy?
Okay, last time, follow the bouncing ball here. I never pretended to be some natural gas policy expert, or what specifically he will do to screw things up. What I AM confident of is his ability to screw it up SOMEHOW. He’s screwed up virtually everything he’s handled since taking the oath so it’s not difficult to connect the dots on where this is headed. Geez Louise, just try to keep up a little bit.

Dec 9, 2013
Okay, last time, follow the bouncing ball here. I never pretended to be some natural gas policy expert, or what specifically he will do to screw things up. What I AM confident of is his ability to screw it up SOMEHOW. He’s screwed up virtually everything he’s handled since taking the oath so it’s not difficult to connect the dots on where this is headed. Geez Louise, just try to keep up a little bit.
So what are you going to do to protect yourself?

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
We all get it...BDS.

You admit you don’t know anything about the subject, aren’t remotely qualified to comment, but Biden.

Dec 9, 2013
Whatever I feel like doing. If I want to try and save money on my gas bill I will. If I don’t I won’t. Then in November I’ll cancel your vote.
So as expected you don’t know jack. You just sit and bitch and when an opportunity to protect yourself or take advantage of an opportunity presents you can’t pull the trigger. You just whine and play victim bc Biden and the “libruls” screwed something up. If it weren’t for foxnews or conservative talk radio you probably wouldn’t have an original thought or know what to play victim to next.

You get challenged on a topic and always fall back on calling the other person a liberal, stupid or scream something akin to “get off my lawn.” I can’t wait to see what sets you off next week.