The Biden Administration Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
HA! I saw Cim with the most recent post and the first thing in my head? "China Joe". What's the first words I see when I open the post?... :lol:

Too predictable man. Too predictable...
Advertising with a consistent message works.

May 31, 2007
OK & CA
YouGov/Economist, first poll that has Biden's approval under 40%. (approve/disapprove)

Overall: 39/50
Men: 36/53
Women: 42/46
White men no degree: 28/61
White women w/ degree: 53/42
Black: 65/26
Hispanic: 41/36
Registered Voters: 43/53
Dems: 77/15
GOP: 9/89
Indie: 35/56
So probably legitimately around 20%. Honestly that feels about right. Nobody will defend the guy and in lieu of that all you get is Trump bashing.

Oct 30, 2007
"Americans in six key swing states largely disapprove of President Joe Biden's job in the White House as the US still grapples with the fallout from his chaotic Afghanistan withdrawal, a new poll finds.

Biden's approval numbers in Arizona, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Texas trail his disapproval rating by at least 10 points, according to data from the Civiqs survey taken until Monday.

Each of those states saw a close 2020 presidential race, with four going to Biden.

The gap is largest in Texas, which went to former President Trump by a margin of just over five percent. Texans disapprove of Biden's job performance by 26 points.

By contrast Pennsylvania, which Biden walked away with by less than two points, holds him at 51 percent disapproval to 41 percent approval."

"Republicans overwhelmingly disapprove of Biden at 95 percent.

He also fails to impress Independent voters, with 59 percent disapproving compared to just 30 percent the other way.

Most voters also don't have a favorable opinion of Biden in general, in addition to disliking his work in the White House."

The good news for Joe Biden is that Americans have a short attention span and its still a long way to 2024.
YouGov/Economist, first poll that has Biden's approval under 40%. (approve/disapprove)

Overall: 39/50
Men: 36/53
Women: 42/46
White men no degree: 28/61
White women w/ degree: 53/42
Black: 65/26
Hispanic: 41/36
Registered Voters: 43/53
Dems: 77/15
GOP: 9/89
Indie: 35/56
I'll be really surprised if Democrats hold the House and Senate after midterms. I'm not sure about 2024 though. That's still a ways away, and people have short memories.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Is she even a natural born citizen?

*ducks*
*runaway*

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
According to AOC they should now be referred to as "menstrating persons"
Translation: "We know what's best". Dangerous words setting a dangerous precedent for future "mandates" of whatever they choose.

“We know that increasing vaccinations will stop the spread of the pandemic, will get the pandemic under control, will return people to normal life. That’s what our objective is. So we want to be specific about what we’re trying to achieve,” Psaki said.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
I post this not to generate debate about the policy change being good or bad (though I'm sure that's will it be head), but to state that I completely disagree with such sweeping changes being mandated or enacted by executive order instead of legislation passed by both houses of Congress and then signed by the President.

I hate this one.
I hated it when Trump did it.
I hated it when Obama did it.
I hated it when GHWB did it.

Whether or not I agree with the change is irrelevant to my hating legislation by executive order instead of...you know...legislation.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bi...ng-for-companies-with-more-than-100-employees

Sep 12, 2008
James K. Polk. He’s my favorite president. You should read into him.
While you have to admire how much he accomplished during his term, how much he expanded our territory and actually keeping his word about being a 1 term President. He has a tragic side as well with dying 3 months after leaving the Presidency and of course the whole slavery thing.

Does being a 1 term President give Biden some leeway to do some crazy stuff?

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
While you have to admire how much he accomplished during his term, how much he expanded our territory and actually keeping his word about being a 1 term President. He has a tragic side as well with dying 3 months after leaving the Presidency and of course the whole slavery thing.

Does being a 1 term President give Biden some leeway to do some crazy stuff?
I think Biden is answering that question for us every day. When you think about it that way I’m sure it is a very liberating feeling that few presidents have experienced.

Jun 14, 2011
If you don't think the vaccine mandate is an overreach wait until they get into that bank account.

https://www.icba.org/bank-locally/consumer-alert-from-icba

View attachment 91975
Wouldn't an audit require this information anyways? I honestly don't see what the big deal is here and am open to changing my tune with further explanation. And $600 seems like a pretty low number if they are going to try and keep a closer eye on things, specifically like the incoming information would be overwhelming to an group that is already stretched pretty thin.

Aug 16, 2012

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Wouldn't an audit require this information anyways? I honestly don't see what the big deal is here and am open to changing my tune with further explanation. And $600 seems like a pretty low number if they are going to try and keep a closer eye on things, specifically like the incoming information would be overwhelming to an group that is already stretched pretty thin.
It gives them free access to essentially every single transaction that you make without the hassle of an audit or subpoena. The current threshold is $10,000 for cash transaction reporting and the folks at FINCEN will tell you that they don't look at even a fraction of those reports. My understanding of the way it is written is that if you have a $600 balance and you withdraw $10 (or any amount) the bank will be required to report that transaction. They are claiming that this will garner them billions in additional tax revenue. They did the same thing with student loans and Obamacare.

Jun 14, 2011
It gives them free access to essentially every single transaction that you make without the hassle of an audit or subpoena. The current threshold is $10,000 for cash transaction reporting and the folks at FINCEN will tell you that they don't look at even a fraction of those reports. My understanding of the way it is written is that if you have a $600 balance and you withdraw $10 (or any amount) the bank will be required to report that transaction. They are claiming that this will garner them billions in additional tax revenue. They did the same thing with student loans and Obamacare.
Thanks. This tracks with the knowledge that the IRS criminally underfunded.

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
How much of that is regulation concerns vs. creating thousands upon thousands of unnecessary jobs that will benefit big bank donors?

$600? Essentially everyone's paycheck will have to be reported when deposited. The "paperwork" would be insurmountable.
The reporting requirements for banks will be a nightmare. If it goes through the way it is written the bank will have to report basically every single transaction that you make to the IRS. I don't see how anyone would be ok with this but , trust me, the banks certainly aren't.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

It protects against arbitrary arrests, and is the basis of the law regarding search warrants, stop-and-frisk, safety inspections, wiretaps, and other forms of surveillance.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/fourth_amendment

Bidens approach here sort of reminds us how Kings would have ruled.

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

It protects against arbitrary arrests, and is the basis of the law regarding search warrants, stop-and-frisk, safety inspections, wiretaps, and other forms of surveillance.

Exactly. That pesky fourth amendment.

Oct 30, 2007
Amendment IV

Bidens approach here sort of reminds us how Kings would have ruled.
It's reasonable for the IRS to use software to search for filing anomalies. It's unreasonable for them to track every single transaction made through banking accounts. Our rights are slowly slipping away, and most people don't even notice or care.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
It's reasonable for the IRS to use software to search for filing anomalies. It's unreasonable for them to track every single transaction made through banking accounts. Our rights are slowly slipping away, and most people don't even notice or care.
This will be ignored by the liberal left, in fact most of them will openly support the loss of our constitutional rights.

Years of dumbing down our education, destruction of private/small business, and reliance on the government to provide you your basic needs (food and shelter). Our government has slowly and methodically shifted away from one where the government is here to serve the people to one that the people are servile to the government.