The Biden Administration Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Trump expected to send new federal force to Chicago this week to battle violence, but plan’s full scope is a question mark

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news...0200720-dftu5ychwbcxtg4ltarh5qnwma-story.html

And you were outraged!!!!

“Mayor Lightfoot said she will use every tool she has to stop Trump from sending “troops” to the city, including filing a lawsuit.

“We’re not going to have tyranny in the city of Chicago,” Lightfoot said.

Lightfoot said the federal government could help by sending resources that work through the existing federal infrastructure but said she’s concerned about the possibility of what happened in Portland happening in Chicago.

“Our democracy is at stake and I’ll be darned if I’m going to let anybody, even if their name is Mr. President, bring those kind of troops to our city and try to take off our residents,” Lightfoot said.

Are you still outraged or are you just a partisan hack like Mayor Lightfoot that only cares about the politics?

Biden sends 'strike force' to Chicago to help curb spike in violent crime

https://www.foxnews.com/us/biden-chicago-violence-strike-force

"My hope and my expectation is that they're going to be coming relatively soon. I've made no secret of the fact that this is a matter of incredible urgency and I think the president's plan is to make a difference in localities like Chicago this summer," Lightfoot told reporters Wednesday
Are you commending Joe for this or are you outraged because it's him doing it instead of Trump?

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
You don't say...

Obama’s ex-White House ethics chief calls Biden artwork arrangement 'perfect mechanism for funneling bribes'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ob...rrangement-perfect-mechanism-funneling-bribes
From the article:

"The problem is, now they’ve set a precedent for the next president," Shaub said. "Even if you happen to trust Joe Biden, what if the next president has the character of a Donald Trump? This would be a perfect mechanism for funneling bribes to that president."

In a statement to Fox News, Shaub qualified his comments, saying that he did not personally believe Biden would ever take a bribe, but noted that a government ethics program can’t be built around "a subjective belief in an individual’s character."

"The way to build public trust is to have uniform standards that you apply no matter who is in office and recognize that anything a leader does sets a precedent for future administration," Shaub said. "Whether or not White House officials believe that secret payments to the president's son could lead to buyers receiving preferential treatment in this administration, they can't vouch for future presidents who haven't even taken office yet. And you can be sure future presidents will point to this arrangement to justify their own conduct."

I'm suspicious of this from an ethical viewpoint in the same way I was Trump putting his kids in charge of his business dealings/corporations instead of in a blind trust or divesting himself completely.

I view them as largely the same, and I don't care for either one.

Can you say the same?

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Coordinated crime sprees forcing retailers to close stores, limit hours

Coordinated crime sprees in major cities in California, New York and elsewhere are forcing retailers to close stores and limit operating hours, as packs of shoplifters regularly make off with hundreds of dollars-worth in merchandise to be resold online, at street markets or returned for gift cards.

Amid a crime wave sweeping San Francisco, five Target store locations are reducing operating hours, closing at 6 p.m. instead of the usual 10 p.m., as managers seek to secure merchandise and employee safety, Forbes reported.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/crime-sprees-retailers-close-stores-limit-hours-shoplifting

This is liberal utopia taking place in major cities across the US. Is this the real insurrection?

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
Joe doesn't have jurisdiction or authority to prosecute or even investigate "packs of shoplifters".

I'm just pointing that out since you put this in the Biden Administration thread.

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
\. Is this just another way to bribe the Presidency ?
Maybe....was Trump running his businesses through his children instead of a blind trust and benefitting from potential donors elevated prices to rent blocs of hotel rooms or buy apartments just another way to bribe the Presidency?

I’d say (have said) both are problematic and concerning.

I’d further say that anyone that has a problem with one, but tries to justify the other is being completely partisan with their ethics.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
\. Is this just another way to bribe the Presidency ?
I generally ignore his shtick here but I agree that is shady.

Biden needs to tell Fredo to cut that stuff out. I think Biden is more on the up and up when it comes to politicians, but this makes me reconsider that. And like everyone says, even if he is trying to stay out of it, the next guy might not.

So here is what I'm seeing. Some 50 year old guy is suddenly going to become a professional artist. And he has spent a significant portion of his career profiting off his family name. And now, when dad is the leader of the free world, he gets into a career that at the high end is known for money laundering and tax evasion. And the federal government is saying it's ok for him to keep his buyers anonymous. And we are just supposed to be cool with it because it's a new business venture for a guy with questionable ethics who has access to the highest reaches of government.

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
hunter biden is a snake...he has done what Many people have done in riding his daddy's coattails all his adult life, but he is really summed up in my mind by:
*Getting discharged from the Navy after only a month as a 'direct commission officer' (all kind of special things happened to give him the opportunity) for testing positive for cocaine. (he claims it was cocaine laced cigarettes he got from friends)...reminds me of the time I caught my son with a case of beer in his trunk (he claimed he was holding them for a friend - I put them in fridge and eventually drank them all - but I digress)
*And he later had a relationship with his brothers widow (wtf) and blew that when he fathered a child from someone else while dating the widow.
hunter is quite the loser!

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
hunter biden is a snake...he has done what Many people have done in riding his daddy's coattails all his adult life, but he is really summed up in my mind by:
*Getting discharged from the Navy after only a month as a 'direct commission officer' (all kind of special things happened to give him the opportunity) for testing positive for cocaine. (he claims it was cocaine laced cigarettes he got from friends)...reminds me of the time I caught my son with a case of beer in his trunk (he claimed he was holding them for a friend - I put them in fridge and eventually drank them all - but I digress)
*And he later had a relationship with his brothers widow (wtf) and blew that when he fathered a child from someone else while dating the widow.
hunter is quite the loser!
We've all got family like that - this whole movement of attacking a political opponent because of a family member is really abhorrent to me.

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
You know this one belongs to your boy Trump, right?
Man this is the A-1 certified gold example of partisan politics. Trump wanted this and all the peace loving Reps are war hawk Dems were bitching and the GOP was saying look at these fakers…… Biden “let’s do the same thing”. GOP “OH MY GAWD AFGHANISTAN IS GONNA COLLAPSE!!”

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
If you look at his post history you know exactly where he stands. And I don't even think he's a Trump guy. He is just so hyper partisan that in his mind, for political power, the ends always justify the means.
You still have not answered my question regarding your false claims about me.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
I generally ignore his shtick here but I agree that is shady.

Biden needs to tell Fredo to cut that stuff out. I think Biden is more on the up and up when it comes to politicians, but this makes me reconsider that. And like everyone says, even if he is trying to stay out of it, the next guy might not.
Really?

Biden has already lied multiple times about his knowledge and relationships with people Hunter has associated with.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Lead investigator of eco-terrorist plot involving Biden nominee says she was the 'nastiest of the suspects'

Michael Merkley, a retired criminal investigator for the U.S.D.A. Forest Service with over 28 years of service, said he felt compelled to write the letter to the Senate committee because many of the reports he had seen about the tree-spiking case linked to Stone-Manning were "inaccurate or incomplete" and misrepresented her as a "bystander or a victim."

"Contrary to many stories in the news, Ms. Stone-Manning was not an innocent bystander, nor was she a victim in this case," Merkley wrote. "And, she most certainly was not a hero. Ms. Stone-Manning was not only a member of Earth First!, but she played an active role in the Earth First! hierarchy."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/le...erroroist-plot-biden-nominee-nastiest-suspect