The Biden Administration Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
https://twitter.com/SenTedCruz/status/1352040800646029312?s=20

followed later by:

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1352128118035722240?s=20

https://twitter.com/GretaThunberg/status/1352212061552586756?s=20

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
https://twitter.com/SenTedCruz/status/1352040800646029312?s=20

followed later by:

https://twitter.com/GretaThunberg/status/1352212061552586756?s=20
Considering he has previously used Pittsburgh and the state of Pennsylvania during discussions about jobs in the energy sector, that’s shouldn’t come as a surprise.

Nov 6, 2010
Just going off of human nature, you're probably right. I'm sure there are varying degrees of actual buy in on some of the claims, & some it's just being in a place with like-minded people. Case in point, that post I mentioned from my cousin did have people asking 'how exactly are all these people & deaths connected, & to what?'

The current round of conspiracy stuff just reminds me of people I worked with/knew 20 years ago. The internet was in it's infancy, but these guys had books & books talking Illuminati, etc... A couple of them stored food & water, took their money out of banks for Y2K. McVeigh, Montana Freemen, Randy Weaver-these kooks have been around forever, but social media sure makes it easier for them to share their message.

Censoring the fringe voices, though, is a little concerning to me. Kinda hard to square suppression of election fraud claims, while claims of a President being a Russian asset are still allowed to stand. And no, I didn't vote for Trump, but I do notice the double standard here.
I bought into the Y2K scare because I was doing some work with an IT guy and he was convinced they would never get all the code straightened out in time and he really thought there were going to be major problems. I didn't go so far as to pull the money out, but I did have my guns and spent that new year in the country on my parents farm instead of in Dallas.

Mar 11, 2006
This should go over well.

I don’t see how others don’t view this as going against women’s rights. As a father of two girls, and one being a competitive athlete in HS —- there is no way she should have to compete with a biological male.

This is not being anti-trans. Martina Navratilova is spot on about this issue. It is about fairness. There is a reason we have male and female sports separated in most every sport.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
I don’t see how others don’t view this as going against women’s rights. As a father of two girls, and one being a competitive athlete in HS —- there is no way she should have to compete with a biological male.

This is not being anti-trans. Martina Navratilova is spot on about this issue. It is about fairness. There is a reason we have male and female sports separated in most every sport.
Agree. Sadly we're going to see more of this:

Biological male who broke a woman’s skull named “bravest athlete in history”
MMA fighter Fallon Fox, who twice broke an opponent’s skull to win a match, has been called the bravest athlete in history. Fox, a male to female transgender athlete, destroyed Erika Newsome in a Coral Gables, FL, MMA fight during which she “secured a grip on Newsome’s head… With her hands gripping the back of Newsome’s skull, she delivered a massive knee, bringing her leg up while pulling her opponent’s head down. The blow landed on Newsome’s chin and dropped her, unconscious, face-first on the mat.” That was Newsome’s last pro fight.

As Joe Rogan has preached, men and women are not created equal in terms of size and strength. A biological male, regardless of current gender, has no business competing against biological females.

Nov 6, 2010

Agreed, incredibly dumb.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO

You don't see much, if any, honest discussion of this at all any more. Martina's one of the few in the world who has the currency to not worry about offending anyone.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
They can't have it both ways.

High school athletes file complaint over transgender policy
The complaint says transgender girls have been consistently winning track and field events and the policy violates federal protections for female athletes.

Three Connecticut girls who have run high school track have filed a federal discrimination complaint saying a statewide policy on transgender athletes has cost them top finishes in races and possibly college scholarships.

The complaint filed Monday with the U.S. Education Department's Office for Civil Rights was submitted by the conservative Christian law firm Alliance Defending Freedom on behalf of the girls, who are asking for an investigation of the policy and orders that would make competitions fair. The complaint also cites the federal Title IX rules aimed at equal rights in sports for female athletes.

"Girls deserve to compete on a level playing field," said Christiana Holcomb, legal counsel for Alliance Defending Freedom. "Women fought long and hard to earn the equal athletic opportunities that Title IX provides. Allowing boys to compete in girls' sports reverses nearly 50 years of advances for women under this law. We shouldn't force these young women to be spectators in their own sports."

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc...le-complaint-over-transgender-policy-n1019306

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
They can't have it both ways.

High school athletes file complaint over transgender policy
The complaint says transgender girls have been consistently winning track and field events and the policy violates federal protections for female athletes.

Three Connecticut girls who have run high school track have filed a federal discrimination complaint saying a statewide policy on transgender athletes has cost them top finishes in races and possibly college scholarships.

The complaint filed Monday with the U.S. Education Department's Office for Civil Rights was submitted by the conservative Christian law firm Alliance Defending Freedom on behalf of the girls, who are asking for an investigation of the policy and orders that would make competitions fair. The complaint also cites the federal Title IX rules aimed at equal rights in sports for female athletes.

"Girls deserve to compete on a level playing field," said Christiana Holcomb, legal counsel for Alliance Defending Freedom. "Women fought long and hard to earn the equal athletic opportunities that Title IX provides. Allowing boys to compete in girls' sports reverses nearly 50 years of advances for women under this law. We shouldn't force these young women to be spectators in their own sports."

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc...le-complaint-over-transgender-policy-n1019306

Did this just come up on your radar or what?

Intersex Olympic champion Stanislawa Walasiewicz (Stella Walsh), 1938