The Biden Administration Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 6, 2010
I obviously understand what's driving people to sell right now but I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would want to buy right now other than to make a quick flip.
Lots of people are gonna get burned when interest rates start going up. Keeping them so low for so long has inflated this bubble to a really dangerous point.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Wells Fargo is shutting down all personal line of credit accounts (cnbc.com)

KEY POINTS
  • The bank is shutting down all existing personal lines of credit in coming weeks and no longer offers the product, according to customer letters reviewed by CNBC.
  • The product, which typically gave users $3,000 to $100,000 in revolving credit lines, was pitched as a way to consolidate higher-interest credit card debt, pay for home renovations or avoid overdraft fees on linked checking accounts.
  • With its latest move, Wells Fargo warned customers that the account closures “may have an impact on your credit score,” according to a frequently asked questions segment of the letter.
I'm going to chalk this one up to record savings levels - people don't need PLOC's to consolidate debt when there's less debt.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
So closing businesses and then allowing them to reopen is now called "creating jobs".....

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Zillow adds $5k to my house every week (30 miles north of downtown Dallas). We are putting our house on the market within the month.

There was a piece of crap house in east Plano, 1700 SF, old, no improvements and it was run down with a non-operable pool taking up the tiny backyard. Looks like hoarders lived there and all the photos were as-is with trash and junk everywhere to compliment the 70s wood paneling and popcorn-texture ceiling (looks like an elderly person may have died and the kids just listed it as-is). The listing was for $250k and it sold for $265k in under a week. For reference, I have a golf buddy that lives in the same general area and his house is listing at $180k. People are buying anything, in any condition, at asking or more, right now. A house in my neighborhood sold three years ago for $550k, people moved in, gutted it, renovated it, and it just sold for mid-$800s. My house is not at that price point but what they are going for now, I can sell and retire a good five years earlier than planned.
I think we're in the same vicinity. Same deal here. I can sell my house for about 150% of what I paid for it 3 years ago. Pretty crazy.

We have one more kid left in school until 2024. We'll probably be ready to downsize by that point. I know the market is hot, but I figure I'll wait until I get all the appreciation I can on the larger house before we downsize. We'll pay more for the smaller house, but we should net positive in that scenario unless the market crashes by then.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Not sure which one is the biggest idiot?

China Joe or Kamala Harris

"Well, there are a whole lot of people, especially people who live in rural communities, who don't - there's no Kinkos, there's no OfficeMax near them. "Of course people have to prove who they are," Harris continued, but "not in a way that makes it almost impossible for them to prove who they are."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/kamala-harris-rural-americans-photocopy-ids-voter-id-laws

But, there is no disconnect between rural and urban America.

I may try to sell her some Porcupine eggs.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Not sure which one is the biggest idiot?

China Joe or Kamala Harris

"Well, there are a whole lot of people, especially people who live in rural communities, who don't - there's no Kinkos, there's no OfficeMax near them. "Of course people have to prove who they are," Harris continued, but "not in a way that makes it almost impossible for them to prove who they are."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/kamala-harris-rural-americans-photocopy-ids-voter-id-laws

But, there is no disconnect between rural and urban America.

I may try to sell her some Porcupine eggs.
You realize you are literally the only person saying China Joe?

So far the dude is at best a middle of the pack President but his appeal is he spent 30 years being a vanilla senator and now he's a vanilla President. After arguably the worst President in history who didn't understand how to govern and lived on chaos and dividing his population, the nation needs someone who isn't going to make waves.

Trying to make up something stupid isn't going to work.

Just stop.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
I am 100% convinced that Cimarron is a troll.
No. He is who he is. He looks at Jan 6th and doesn't have a problem with it because the dictatorship would be someone on his side. Yet if Biden sneezes he's outraged. I usually don't engage him because he isn't worth my time to debate, but felt the need to call him out here. He will respond to me asking a strawman question that he thinks makes him look smart. I'll read it, shrug, and go about my day. TBH, at this point I think most people do the same.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
No. He is who he is. He looks at Jan 6th and doesn't have a problem with it because the dictatorship would be someone on his side. Yet if Biden sneezes he's outraged. I usually don't engage him because he isn't worth my time to debate, but felt the need to call him out here. He will respond to me asking a strawman question that he thinks makes him look smart. I'll read it, shrug, and go about my day. TBH, at this point I think most people do the same.
Please show me where I was OK with the idiots who stormed the capital building! If you can't then stop spreading falsehoods.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007

So far the dude is at best a middle of the pack President but his appeal is he spent 30 years being a vanilla senator and now he's a vanilla President. After arguably the worst President in history who didn't understand how to govern and lived on chaos and dividing his population, the nation needs someone who isn't going to make waves.

Just stop.
No, China Joe and Harris do just fine coming up with stupid and idiot statements.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007

Just stop.
He's adding to his resume...

'Deep concern' as Afghanistan deteriorates, Taliban surges amid US troop withdrawal: Pentagon

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/taliban-afghanistan-us-troop-withdrawal-pentagon-john-kirby

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Trump expected to send new federal force to Chicago this week to battle violence, but plan’s full scope is a question mark

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news...0200720-dftu5ychwbcxtg4ltarh5qnwma-story.html

And you were outraged!!!!

“Mayor Lightfoot said she will use every tool she has to stop Trump from sending “troops” to the city, including filing a lawsuit.

“We’re not going to have tyranny in the city of Chicago,” Lightfoot said.

Lightfoot said the federal government could help by sending resources that work through the existing federal infrastructure but said she’s concerned about the possibility of what happened in Portland happening in Chicago.

“Our democracy is at stake and I’ll be darned if I’m going to let anybody, even if their name is Mr. President, bring those kind of troops to our city and try to take off our residents,” Lightfoot said.

Are you still outraged or are you just a partisan hack like Mayor Lightfoot that only cares about the politics?

Biden sends 'strike force' to Chicago to help curb spike in violent crime

https://www.foxnews.com/us/biden-chicago-violence-strike-force

"My hope and my expectation is that they're going to be coming relatively soon. I've made no secret of the fact that this is a matter of incredible urgency and I think the president's plan is to make a difference in localities like Chicago this summer," Lightfoot told reporters Wednesday

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Please show me where I was OK with the idiots who stormed the capital building! If you can't then stop spreading falsehoods.
Just one example.

“The real insurrection”??
Mainstream media, Democratic lawmakers bash America throughout Fourth of July weekend

The real insurrection....

https://www.foxnews.com/media/mains...a-at-every-turn-during-fourth-of-july-weekend

It isn't the right that's wanting to re-write the Constitution....

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
I am 100% convinced that Cimarron is a troll.
Yep. Here he replied to me 3 times with propaganda and dropped a couple of more stupid hyper partisan posts. He's not trolling. He's just so hyper partisan that he is fine with a dictatorship because it's his side that had the misfortune of electing a guy that is an extreme narcissist who doesn't understand how politics work. If the other side pulled the same thing he would rightly be outraged and I'd be right there with him. If Sean Penn pulled half of what Trump did because the people decided Jeff Flake was better than his BS I'd be in agreement with him about how a guy who wanted to have a coup was clearly not a leader we want. But for him it's party over all. And it's sad.

He's probably going to have a couple of replies to this post showing how I'm wrong and a couple of comments about "China Joe". To be fair, for all the things I don't like about Trump, his policy on China was on point. I wish he would have pushed harder about the origins of the virus but I get that this was something out of his control. Oddly enough our policy towards China hasn't changed that much in the last 6 months but for this guy that doesn't matter because of the letter in front of the Presidents name.

Also, you have 5 posts all on the politics board and are very new here.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
I see you still have not answered my question.

Is that who you are? Just pass along baseless rumors and in accuracies about other people?