The Biden Administration Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
???
And I “got excited to throw blame”???
Ok, just thought we were having a conversation. Apparently, something is getting misinterpreted in the inter webs.
I tell you virtually every time that you should quit trying to interpret my words and simply start reading them. Now, apparently I need to tell you to do the same for your own words. It is written for all to see:

you, blaming the dems:
Sounds like an opportunity for bipartisan compromise on Infrastructure was killed by Biden staffers
You claiming I was doing the same ( presumably for the republicans since you already did the dems):
You are right about perspective, but you are as guilty as you are claiming I am being.
i purposefully didn’t give my perspective which is how I knew you could not quote it.

There is no interpretation or misinterpretation possible. They are simple words with simple meaning.

Mar 11, 2006
I tell you virtually every time that you should quit trying to interpret my words and simply start reading them. Now, apparently I need to tell you to do the same for your own words. It is written for all to see:

you, blaming the dems:

You claiming I was doing the same ( presumably for the republicans since you already did the dems):
i purposefully didn’t give my perspective which is how I knew you could not quote it.

There is no interpretation or misinterpretation possible. They are simple words with simple meaning.
You keep saying I am blaming the Dems. I stated that is "sounds like" Biden killed the deal. I am not understanding why stating apparent news is troublesome to you. As I stated, my post was quoting a CNN story which said Biden pulled away on advice from staffers (I purposely quoted the left-leaning media company to take away bias). And now this seems extremely accurate according to other news outlets.

From MSN.com "President Biden cut off negotiations with Senator Shelley Moore Capito (R., W.Va.) on an infrastructure plan."

From ABC News, "An administration official said that with the White House moving on from negotiations with Republicans"

From Financial Times, "Biden rejected an offer from a Republican negotiator, Senator Capito, on Friday"

From Fox News, "Biden ends infrastructure talks to Capito amid disagreements in spending"

From Bloomberg, "President Joe Biden ended talks with Republican Senator Shelley Moore Capito on an infrastructure plan on Tuesday"

From The Hill, "President Biden on Tuesday cut off prolonged infrastructure negotiations with a GOP group led by Sen. Shelley Moore Capito"

From HuffPo, "The White House is done trying to negotiate on infrastructure with a group of Republicans"

News is news. Facts are facts

Aug 16, 2012
My gut says this is all artificial and will collapse at some point.
Granted I am sure this does not represent all markets, but the appraisal on my house has gone up $75k just since Christmas. Feel like Randolph Duke is going to grab me around the neck any minute while screaming "Sell, Sell, Sell!!!!!"

Sep 12, 2008
Biden's numbers are down... Shocking I know. :blink:

A recent poll indicates President Joe Biden’s approval rating is tanking with non-white Democrats, Democrats under 40, and Democrats without a college degree.

Reuters/Ipsos polling suggests a “growing number of Americans disapprove of Biden’s leadership on the economy, gun violence and taxation, with the biggest decline coming within Biden’s Democratic Party.”

Forty-eight percent of respondents “said they approved of Biden’s handling of the economy, which is down 4 points from a similar survey that ran in April. The number of Americans who disapproved of Biden’s economic record rose 4 points to 43%.”

Only 35 percent of Americans believe the economy is going in a positive direction. Forty-four percent are “very concerned” about inflation.

The president slipped 7 points among Democrats since April on economic issues.
Biden has also risen six points, to 15 percent, among Democrats who disapprove of his economic performance. “That includes an 11-point drop in approval among Democrats under 40 years old, an 8-point drop in approval among minority Democrats and Democrats without a college degree,” according to the poll.

Biden’s sinking numbers come as inflation is the foremost economic concern for Americans, topping taxes, unemployment, and interest rates, a June 23 poll indicated.

And another poll on June 24 suggests only 39 percent of Americans approve of President Joe Biden’s handling of China.

The Reuters/Ipsos was conducted from June 11-17.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I'll pay $100 to the poster that can list the most inaccuracies from this:
That was fascinating. It also highlighlights a few points.
  1. This was really close to becoming an absolute catastrophe. Members of Congress could have been abducted, injured, or killed. The electoral votes were on the floor and could have been destroyed. There are digital copies with the Federal Registrar, but I’m sure a conspiracy would be created about how those were altered, etc.
  2. Elements of the insurrection were organized and planned. Oath Keepers, Proud Boys, etc. had trained and planned for this. Those who say this was planned terribly or it was little more than a Capitol tour are being disingenuous. Luckily it wasn’t more organized, or see point 1. This was mostly a brute force blitz overwhelming security by numbers.
  3. Security obviously were doing everything they could not to use lethal force on the rioters. A lot more than Ashli Babbitt could have been killed. The security seemed focused on protecting the members of Congress and trying to manage the crowd without stoking them further or creating fatalities.

Last edited:

milehighpoke

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 26, 2007
Denver
I'll pay $100 to the poster that can list the most inaccuracies from this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWJVMoe7OY0
I will never understand why police officers didn't open fire on these assholes. They were attacking officers with bats, flags, hammers, chemical spray, bike racks, etc. and nothing happened. If there's any reasonable justification for an officer using a firearm, it's this. And yet, somehow only 1 person died. It's quite literally insane.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I will never understand why police officers didn't open fire on these assholes. They were attacking officers with bats, flags, hammers, chemical spray, bike racks, etc. and nothing happened. If there's any reasonable justification for an officer using a firearm, it's this. And yet, somehow only 1 person died. It's quite literally insane.
My guess is the sheer number of rioters they encountered made it challenging. They were whipped into a frenzy. After you fire a shot, there’s a chance they don’t stop. They bull rush you instead.

Yep. A quick search pulls up an interview with a Capitol officer who said as much.

https://www.businessinsider.com/capitol-police-officer-james-blassingame-insurrection-gun-2021-6

milehighpoke

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 26, 2007
Denver
My guess is the sheer number of rioters they encountered made it challenging. They were whipped into a frenzy. After you fire a shot, there’s a chance they don’t stop. They bull rush you instead.

Yep. A quick search pulls up an interview with a Capitol officer who said as much.

https://www.businessinsider.com/capitol-police-officer-james-blassingame-insurrection-gun-2021-6
That's kind of what I figured. No way they could take them all down without being killed themselves. But, "back the blue" amirite?!?!

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
In fairness, you're trolling for far right supporters in a Biden thread.

What?!?!?

I thought I was engaging in dialogue with open minded rational individuals that were expressing their concern about the current commander in chief (that won both the electoral and popular vote)

I wasn't aware of any overt bias in this thread. I assumed everyone had complete logical political outlook and were open to new ideas and realized sometimes their viewpoints may change.

Perhaps, we should have a new political forum just for irrational people to complain about Biden and how he ruined America. I want them to be able to dialogue with each other in a safe space where they express themselves without getting their feelings hurt or facing public scorn for having differing views on issues like hanging Mike Pence, throwing fire extinguishers at police officers or attempting to kidnap Michigan governors.

That way the rest of us who offer a diversity of political opinions can still have our normalized dialogue and they can still have their fun boy meetings with their matching cute red hats and Rambo flags.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor

That's why you pull out the scattergun, the jack of that shell into a chamber stops the wildest mob. If there's six officers standing there with shotguns they get the point really quick, there's even an AR platform that uses shotgun shells.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
That's why you pull out the scattergun, the jack of that shell into a chamber stops the wildest mob. If there's six officers standing there with shotguns they get the point really quick, there's even an AR platform that uses shotgun shells.
I can’t even believe we’re having this conversation.

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
Biden's numbers are down... Shocking I know. :blink:

A recent poll indicates President Joe Biden’s approval rating is tanking with non-white Democrats, Democrats under 40, and Democrats without a college degree.

Reuters/Ipsos polling suggests a “growing number of Americans disapprove of Biden’s leadership on the economy, gun violence and taxation, with the biggest decline coming within Biden’s Democratic Party.”

Forty-eight percent of respondents “said they approved of Biden’s handling of the economy, which is down 4 points from a similar survey that ran in April. The number of Americans who disapproved of Biden’s economic record rose 4 points to 43%.”

Only 35 percent of Americans believe the economy is going in a positive direction. Forty-four percent are “very concerned” about inflation.

The president slipped 7 points among Democrats since April on economic issues.
Biden has also risen six points, to 15 percent, among Democrats who disapprove of his economic performance. “That includes an 11-point drop in approval among Democrats under 40 years old, an 8-point drop in approval among minority Democrats and Democrats without a college degree,” according to the poll.

Biden’s sinking numbers come as inflation is the foremost economic concern for Americans, topping taxes, unemployment, and interest rates, a June 23 poll indicated.

And another poll on June 24 suggests only 39 percent of Americans approve of President Joe Biden’s handling of China.

The Reuters/Ipsos was conducted from June 11-17.
Screenshot 2021-07-06 9.02.46 PM.png

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Wall Street is literally in a frenzy buying house that costs much, much, much than the asking price should be.. and it's happening all over the US, even buying entire neighborhoods. The potential - and very likely- ramifications of such will create a disaster. If you thought the 2008 crash of the housing market was bad, we ain't seen nothing yet. Institutional investors were an important part of the market shortly after the last housing market collapse in 2008.

The last housing boom between 2004 and 2005 was fueled by loose lending, which could only go on provided home prices continued to increase. Eventually, the market tanked, wiping out $11 trillion in household wealth

Various countries have allowed such a thing to occur, which ended up causing economic catastrophe. Just google search it. This country is heading to an economic apocalypse.
It is is extremely concerning because home ownership is one of the primary ways to achieve upward mobility in wealth acquisition in America. While, I am all for a free and open economy. I am concerned about banks colluding to limit the scarcity of affordable housing.

Unfortunately, both sides of the aisle in Washington (especially the Centrist politicians) are completely owned by the banks. So there will likely be nothing done to protect potential homeowners and in the meantime current homeowners will reap the benefits of a higher valued asset to borrow against.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
It is is extremely concerning because home ownership is one of the primary ways to achieve upward mobility in wealth acquisition in America. While, I am all for a free and open economy. I am concerned about banks colluding to limit the scarcity of affordable housing.

Unfortunately, both sides of the aisle in Washington (especially the Centrist politicians) are completely owned by the banks. So there will likely be nothing done to protect potential homeowners and in the meantime current homeowners will reap the benefits of a higher valued asset to borrow against.
Banks are preparing for the credit crunch as we speak. Not that it matters to me but Citi just cancelled one of my credit cards. I'm sure part of it was none use, since I never used it and it had zero annual fee. This happened prior to 08 as well. No, I am not over extended (I carry 0 balances and have a very high credit score 814)

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Banks are preparing for the credit crunch as we speak. Not that it matters to me but Citi just cancelled one of my credit cards. I'm sure part of it was none use, since I never used it and it had zero annual fee. This happened prior to 08 as well. No, I am not over extended (I carry 0 balances and have a very high credit score 814)
I've got a card that I've had since 2005 and I just use it for Netflix to hold it open. It's a useless card with no benefits until recent (I get 3% cash back on online purchases now). I just kept it open to keep that available credit there. I used it to pay for pellet smoker this month, used half the $2500 credit limit on it and dropped my weekly credit score over 20pts, lol... I'm sure it'll correct after I pay it off but still.