The Biden Administration Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
Please quote where I said something that showed I was agreeing with one side or the other.
What "side" are you talking about? I linked Capito's first-hand account and said it "sounds like" it was killed by Biden staffers. Which is exactly what CNN reported.

You responded by saying the Republicans had a red-line ...I assume because that is your perspective. And ignored, or at least didn’t also mention, Biden had a red-line as well. Do you disagree that both had a red-line? And do you disagree with CNN's reporting?

Last edited:

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
What "side" are you talking about? I linked Capito's first-hand account and said it "sounds like" it was killed by Biden staffers. Which is exactly what CNN reported.

You responded by saying the Republicans had a red-line ...I assume because that is your perspective. And ignored, or at least didn’t also mention, Biden had a red-line as well. Do you disagree that both had a red-line? And do you disagree with CNN's reporting?
i called it a red line because that is exactly what the senator wrote in your own post. I have no idea why you are hung up on CNN reporting that she is claiming that the dems killed it. And, no, I did mention that the dems were not willing to compromise either but being that you were blaming them there was no reason to elaborate on it.
The bottom line. You got excited to throw blame to one side of a negotiation that broke down and took the word of the other side to do it. I pointed out that is a perspective and typically both sides are going to blame the other so you went at me for blaming the republicans. There is nowhere I said that.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
???
And I “got excited to throw blame”???
Ok, just thought we were having a conversation. Apparently, something is getting misinterpreted in the inter webs.
I tell you virtually every time that you should quit trying to interpret my words and simply start reading them. Now, apparently I need to tell you to do the same for your own words. It is written for all to see:

you, blaming the dems:
Sounds like an opportunity for bipartisan compromise on Infrastructure was killed by Biden staffers
You claiming I was doing the same ( presumably for the republicans since you already did the dems):
You are right about perspective, but you are as guilty as you are claiming I am being.
i purposefully didn’t give my perspective which is how I knew you could not quote it.

There is no interpretation or misinterpretation possible. They are simple words with simple meaning.

Mar 11, 2006
I tell you virtually every time that you should quit trying to interpret my words and simply start reading them. Now, apparently I need to tell you to do the same for your own words. It is written for all to see:

you, blaming the dems:

You claiming I was doing the same ( presumably for the republicans since you already did the dems):
i purposefully didn’t give my perspective which is how I knew you could not quote it.

There is no interpretation or misinterpretation possible. They are simple words with simple meaning.
You keep saying I am blaming the Dems. I stated that is "sounds like" Biden killed the deal. I am not understanding why stating apparent news is troublesome to you. As I stated, my post was quoting a CNN story which said Biden pulled away on advice from staffers (I purposely quoted the left-leaning media company to take away bias). And now this seems extremely accurate according to other news outlets.

From MSN.com "President Biden cut off negotiations with Senator Shelley Moore Capito (R., W.Va.) on an infrastructure plan."

From ABC News, "An administration official said that with the White House moving on from negotiations with Republicans"

From Financial Times, "Biden rejected an offer from a Republican negotiator, Senator Capito, on Friday"

From Fox News, "Biden ends infrastructure talks to Capito amid disagreements in spending"

From Bloomberg, "President Joe Biden ended talks with Republican Senator Shelley Moore Capito on an infrastructure plan on Tuesday"

From The Hill, "President Biden on Tuesday cut off prolonged infrastructure negotiations with a GOP group led by Sen. Shelley Moore Capito"

From HuffPo, "The White House is done trying to negotiate on infrastructure with a group of Republicans"

News is news. Facts are facts

Aug 16, 2012
My gut says this is all artificial and will collapse at some point.
Granted I am sure this does not represent all markets, but the appraisal on my house has gone up $75k just since Christmas. Feel like Randolph Duke is going to grab me around the neck any minute while screaming "Sell, Sell, Sell!!!!!"