The Biden Administration Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Admit I have not read anything but the opening few paragraphs yet or done any cross-checking with any other outlet. May have to CIRCLE BACK and pull this if it turns out to be bunk.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-administration-migrant-children-tennessee

Upshot, if true....migrant kids are being shipped to Tennessee in the middle of the night for "distribution"
Just a thought.

In the future, reading the whole source and doing your cross-checking to determine if it is bunk before deciding to post it might be the better I idea.

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Just a thought, if I need your advice I will ask for it
Go on with your bad self then. No skin off my nose.

Keep posting dubious links and sources while freely admitting that you didn’t actually read all of it and that it might all be bunk as you post it.

I’m sure your credibility will soar amongst this crowd. :derp:

Aug 16, 2012
Go on with your bad self then. No skin off my nose.

Keep posting dubious links and sources while freely admitting that you didn’t actually read all of it and that it might all be bunk as you post it.

I’m sure your credibility will soar amongst this crowd. :derp:
Glad to know that every link to a story has to be thoroughly vetted by your standards beforehand or it is otherwise dubious. If everyone followed your rules it would free up tons of storage space OP has to purchase and knock off a good 80% of the time it takes to browse the site. You should have OP put your rules on the start-up page.

Or, you can admit your reply is just another in your history of hundreds of posts that dismiss any topic that puts Biden in a bad light as boring old news and you go all passive aggressive self-righteous.

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Glad to know that every link to a story has to be thoroughly vetted by your standards beforehand or it is otherwise dubious. If everyone followed your rules it would free up tons of storage space OP has to purchase and knock off a good 80% of the time it takes to browse the site. You should have OP put your rules on the start-up page.

Or, you can admit your reply is just another in your history of hundreds of posts that dismiss any topic that puts Biden in a bad light as boring old news and you go all passive aggressive self-righteous.
Strawman away....

I never said every story has to be vetted by my standard or it is otherwise dubious.

It wasn’t a rule...or an order....it was a suggestion.

But...c’mon now...

Dude, you yourself admitted that you hadn’t read all of it, you had no idea whether or not it was true, and that you might have to pull it later.

If that isn’t your textbook definition of “dubious”, I’m not sure you know the meaning of the word.

Last edited:

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
"I haven't really looked in to this or know if it's actually true, but that'd be something else if it is wouldn't it?!" is kinda how we got Jan 6 isn't it?...

Mar 11, 2006
Sounds like an opportunity for bipartisan compromise on Infrastructure was killed by Biden staffers
https://twitter.com/sencapito/status/1402368814281527297?s=21

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
R-Wa....so you accept it as the gospel truth and a fair and balanced characterization of what’s going on.

Cool.

Mar 11, 2006
Or, was killed by republicans having a "red line"

All is perspective.
Nearly everything we talk about here is biased by perspective. However, a first person account from one of the more moderate Senators does help inform. Also, CNN reported virtually the same thing that Capito stated.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Nearly everything we talk about here is biased by perspective. However, a first person account from one of the more moderate Senators does help inform. Also, CNN reported virtually the same thing that Capito stated.
What is moderate about having a red line? What she is saying is we wanted them to compromise while we would not. They would not compromise, so they ended the discussion.

All that matters is do we want this infrastructure? y/n. If yes, how much are we willing to spend? Do we want to actually pay for it or just put it as more debt? y/n.

What doesn't matter at all is the politician blame game. If Biden puts out a statement do you think it is going to say, "As Sen Capito stated, they were negotiating in good faith but we just decided to kill it." And, if it says, "The republicans would not compromise on matters of importance" would you blame the republicans? Of course not, because you are choosing to believe one side's perspective and it is no shock which side that is.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2006
What is moderate about having a red line? What she is saying is we wanted them to compromise while we would not. They would not compromise, so they ended the discussion.

Of course not, because you are choosing to believe one side's perspective and it is no shock which side that is.
You are right about perspective, but you are as guilty as you are claiming I am being. As I stated when I posted Capito's story...it "sounds like" like an opportunity for bipartisan compromise was killed by Biden staffers. It does "sound like" that is the case --- how is that inaccurate???. And it was CNN who reported that Biden staffers pushed Biden to reject - that is not stated in Capito's first-hand account.

CNN also stated, "Biden has proposed raising the corporate tax rate from 21% to 28%, a non-starter for Republicans, and rejected the GOP Senators' suggestion of tapping unspent COVID-19 aid money to fund the new infrastructure spending." So it appears both sides had a red-line.

So to answer your questions -- it does appear both are willing for infrastructure. But Biden wants to fund by continuing his plan to tax more and Republicans want to better utilize money already allocated, but not being spent.
I think we all have seen from recent experience that there has been millions of dollars misused, or just given away, that was supposed to be tied to COVID relief. Seems smart to re-allocate those unspent dollars to fund more needed and targeted items.

EDIT: BTW, it does appear that another, hopefully bipartisan plan, is being led by Manchin and potentially that may be an opportunity to pass a bill with majority agreement rather than by reconciliation.
And yes, I am definitely on the “side” of fiscal responsibility and personal freedoms.

Last edited: