The Biden Administration Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
You should probably read your own signature more often.

And no, you're not the arbiter of some timeline for responses for people that don't spend every day here.
What is it exactly about my post that means to you that I think I am smarter? What makes you think because I write an opinion here that I can't have doubts? Because I don't always agree with the majority of the people on this board who pat each other's back all day with similar opinions? He wrote an opinion. I wrote an opinion. I never declared that my opinion is better than all others. I never wrote that I feel my opinions are without a doubt correct every time. That is what you have decided to think, not me. What is the purpose of your constant attempts to insult me off of the topic? Why are your posts to me always an attack of me and rarely about the actual topic?

And, I can claim that it is ridiculous to come into a conversation days later to toss in pointless insults. I am the arbiter of my opinion of that sad behavior. I can't stop you, but I can write want I think of you.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007

"Anybody making less than $400,000 a year will not pay a single penny in taxes!” said the President. “We will not increase the deficit either!”

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I suspect Biden doesn't have a clue about this but some mysterious unnamed person feels enabled enough to make a pretty big decision and get away with it.

Memorial Day: Biden faces growing pressure to let veterans use Pentagon parking lot for event

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/memorial-day-biden-pentagon-rolling-to-remember-brian-mast

Rep. Brian Mast, R-Fla., and more than 30 other Republican members of Congress pressured President Biden in a Tuesday letter to override the Pentagon's decision to block a veterans group from staging a Memorial Day motorcycle rally in the Pentagon parking lot.

Pentagon Special Events confirmed AMVETS' permit for the Rolling to Remember motorcycle rally on March 11 but later reversed its decision.

"If you look at the facts that BLM can get a riot permit in Washington, D.C., with COVID going on at the exact same time, how do you not allow veterans into the parking lot, the 70-acre parking lot of the Pentagon in this 20-year plus tradition?

"We will have a demonstration on May 30 in Washington, D.C. We're not going to be able to stage where this demonstration has staged for decades, but we will have a central staging area in the District," Chennelly said. "It will be safe, it will be coordinated, and we have a lot of protocols in place to make sure that the spread of COVID doesn’t happen there.

They will still hold the event but it will be moved to another, more crowded, location on short notice with fewer safety measures. It reminds me of the Stillwater Mayor who had an ax to grind so she denied Stan Clark the necessary assistance to prepare for anniversary week back in it's peak. 20,000 people still showed up but there were no barriers or extra police to control the crowd.

This just had too many pro American types on motorcycles and not enough woke anti-cop messages to get approval.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
[

"Anybody making less than $400,000 a year will not pay a single penny in taxes!” said the President. “We will not increase the deficit either!”
Then the president raised taxes on those evil corporations. The left cheered as the rich guy is finally going to have to pay his fair share.

24 hours later the price went up on items used by people primarily making less than $400,000 per year, by a lot more than a penny.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Then the president raised taxes on those evil corporations. The left cheered as the rich guy is finally going to have to pay his fair share.

24 hours later the price went up on items used by people primarily making less than $400,000 per year, by a lot more than a penny.
And new loop holes for the wealthy will be included in the tax bill. I believe on the streets it's called a shell game.